You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you think?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFCNORTHBEAR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: What do you think? Reply with quote

I'd appreciate some honest feedback on my draft & please keep it mature & follow it with a brief reason. There's money on the line. Wink

12 team H2H: 1st place - $175/2nd place - $80/3rd place - $45

QB:
Rothlisberger
Rivers
Favre

RB:
AP
MIcheal Turner
Matt Forte

WR:
Fitzgerald
Roy williams
Burelson
Devin Hester
Rice

TE:
Gates

K:
Crosby

DEF:
Chicago
Jax

The one thing that stood out to me was the fact that 7 out of the 15 players(& def) have a bye week 8, that could hurt.

I can't post the FA list yet because this was a live draft & my buddy hasn't posted everything yet on yahoo since we just finished 30-40 min ago. As soon as it's up I'll post the FA's, then maybe someone could give some advice as to what I could do to improve.

2010 NFC NORTH CHAMPS!!!!!!!
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good team.

I would get rid of Favre now, and pick up the best WR/RB FA.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid starters, thin bench. Only 3 total runners? You're gonna have to beef up your reserves. I would also try to swing a deal to get Chester Taylor, he's too valuable for AD owners to pass up. Drop Favre and get another runner.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dump Favre and Jacksonville's D/ST for a RB and TE, but you have nice QBs, RBs, and WRs. I'd give you a 8/10 overall, a nice team but for now you lack a lot of depth at RB. Try to improve that area.

^gopherwrestler^
NFCNORTHBEAR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Favre was my last pick & I just figured if he does come back & start some place I didn't want miss the opportunity because he does get the points. I just wanted to wait a bit to see what's gonna happen & go from there. I'll take your guys' advice & try for another RB, the problem is is that the FA is sorta weak at the position.

Here's the remaining top 10 FA's(per yahoo)The ones I'd personally consider are in bold:

Ahman Green
(Hou - RB)

Felix Jones
(Dal - RB)

Kenny Watson
(Cin - RB)

Ahmad Bradshaw
(NYG - RB)

Chris Brown
(Hou - RB)

Chris Johnson
(Ten - RB)

Warrick Dunn
(TB - RB)

Tatum Bell
(Det - RB)

Ricky Williams
(Mia - RB)

Kevin Jones
(Chi - RB)
---------------
Honorable mention:
Ryan Torain
(Den - RB)

bookend57: You mentioned another TE. Yeah I have an offer for Roy Williams, what do you(or anybody) think?

I give: Williams
I Receive: Lee Evans & Vernon Davis

Seems like a no-brainer in a way to me, because Evans isn't too far(if at all) behind Williams & I'm not too sure of Detroit's o-line being able to give Kitna alot of time this year. And I would be addressing the TE position as well. Thoughts?

2010 NFC NORTH CHAMPS!!!!!!!
bookend57

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless you can start 2 TEs i wouldn't trade your #2 WR to bolster the position, try and pick-up a Zach Miller type guy instead, and as for those RBs i would toss it up between Torain and Jones, i would personally take Felix, he will get at least 150 carries this season barring his health, he is a safe bet imo.

but you are right about Williams, his numbers will be about the same (he had a down year last season) because they are back to a run 1st scheme and he has to compete with Calvin Johnson. and I to think Evans' numbers will increase because his relationship with Edwards should have gotten much better, they weren't on the same page last season.

in short...pick up Jones...you can take that trade, but if you could get a talented young receiving TE on the waiver wire i would take him 1st before making the trade.

^gopherwrestler^
atown703

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You went too high on the Bears Defense.. With no offense how long do you think it'll take for the Bears defense to collapse. Urlacher is getting soft.... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
You went too high on the Bears Defense.. With no offense how long do you think it'll take for the Bears defense to collapse. Urlacher is getting soft.... Wink

How do you know he went to high when he didn't say what order he drafted his players in?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
atown703 wrote:

How do you know he went to high when he didn't say what order he drafted his players in?

Well typically when somebody take Min Def, a trend will follow. There's no chance he got the Bears def in the last 3 rounds

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: