Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Order of Importance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomsday2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Order of Importance Reply with quote

I'm fine with Bledsoe being QB until I hear on March 2nd that he got 25$ million for 4 years and a 8$ million bonus. He should be worth no more than 2 years 6.5$ million and 2$ million bonus.

Anyway we have a couple a Drews for the mean time at QB which I thought QB was the biggest problem our team was facing next year.

What is the most important need after that? Here is my list in order of importance and a few possibilities (If we stay in 4-3).

1.) Who replaces Wiley?..............Spears/ Dan or Shawn Cody
2.) #2 Corner................................Lucus/ Dyson/ or spend too much for Samari
3.) RT...........................................who is this McKennzie guy? Sounds good to me
4.) JJ back up..............................I want to get a brusier. I like Davenport in FA or Eric ......................................................Shelton in the draft
5.) LBs...........................................Bell, Merriman, Hartwell
6.) Saftey........................................Dwight Smith or BPA in second round
7.) Fat @ss DT..............................Fergouson, Pat Williams, Hawthorne in draft
8.) WR............................................I want Crophonso Thorpe in 2nd (Speed)
9.) RG.............................................Andruzzi, Baas, Elton Brown (maybe Peterman is OK)

1.) Coach......................................Parcells is gonna sell-out after this year.
2.) QB............................................Henson gets no experience again in 2005.
batteringram31

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that Bledsoe got that big of a contract from Dallas. I think that Bill & Jerry learned from signing an old vet like Wiley last year to a big contract that it was a bad idea.

What is with everyone trying to sell out on Parcells? He is still a good coach and proved it in '03 when he took the same bad players that gave us THREE CONSECUTIVE 5-11 seasons. We had no running game, a bad/injury plagued O-Line, a coke snorting QB, and a receiving corps that consisted of Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, and Antonio Bryant. Two slot/speed recievers and a guy that had a terrible year holding onto the ball. The defense had no pass rush and a rookie CB and another corner that couldn't keep his hands off of the receivers. Some may not agree that these were all problems, ut Parcells took this, and made it a playoff team. BTW, in his first two years as coach, he has had more wins than the two coaches before him. (Parcells-16, Gailey/Campo-15)
addy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on man, DT is one of the least important needs?...less important than a backup RB?

I'd say (if we stay in the 4-3 as you said) they're in an order something like this...

1. Pass rushing DE...we MUST pressure the opposing QB first and foremost.
2. RCB...no explanation needed.
3. Huge DT...a fat DT will stop the inside runs, free up Glover and the rest of the line, and protect our smaller LBs and will have them playing like they did in '03.
4. Dominant RT...this will solidify our O-line and make it one of the best in the league, will help Drew and Julius ALOT.
5. Ball-hawking FS...lets Roy be Roy and takes pressure off Newman and our other corners to make plays.
6. WR...youth and speed would be a great help
7. Backup/3rd Down RB...keeps Julius fresh and is a change of pace.
8. RG...can Peterman get it done?
9. LB help...Nguyen, Coakley, James, Thornton, Singleton...not much needed.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would be

DE
FS
RT
DT

one of the great ones on this site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: