Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why Napolean Harris???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Why Napolean Harris??? Reply with quote

Everyone knew you would get the 7th pick but why Harris? I didnt even think Harris was that good and dont you guys already have 2 big young aggresive guys in EJ Henderson and Dontrarious Thomas?? I dont understand why Napolean was the guy the Vikings brought in. Am i missing something or are you viking fans just as confused as i am?
raidendawg2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm questioning this trade as well.

Harris is good and all, but Minnesota should have gotten at the very least an additional third round pick over what they got.

-Raiden
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're as confused as you are...

We needed a veteran linebacker, not another young linebacker. EJ Henderson and Dontarrious Thomas aren't even really established in the game yet and could use a veteran linebacker to teach them the ropes.

We needed more of a CB/S than anything...

And now we have the same holes (CB/S/K/DT) and added a new one (WR)...

Good job McCombs...You screwed the team even more than usual...
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a big reason that this was made known, probably by the Vikings, is that they think if people know what the minimum deal for Moss is, the bidding may start driving it up. However I don't think that will happen. But I bet you that is what McCombs was thinking. And Harris is there to replace Claiborne.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem.

Hi, everyone. My name is ditchdigger.

*Everyone*: Hi ditchdigger

Hi. I just wanted to talk to you guys, because I know how you're feeling. I know what it is like to feel like you have been robbed of something by an NFL owner.

I know because I'm a Browns fan. I grew up with The Drive. The Fumble. The Move. The Ravens Super Bowl win. I know a bit about disappointment, too.

I came here, though, to give you a message of hope.

Here it is:

At least he didn't move the team.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true... I am a Browns fan too... You guys are probably wondering why the swarm of Browns fans... But I am going to post a trade proposition in a new Post... please read it and tell me what you think...
Helter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

confused ... is an understatement
atleast we should have traded for one of their corners along with their #7
but N.Harris someone needs to have their head checked because this has to be the most stupid move ever ..................................
UtBDan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused are we, yes.
Is it as bad as a few of us are making it seem, no.

The Napoleon part of it was stupid, but what other defensive player were we gonna get? The #1 draft pick was really the only part Red needed (bastard) and I think it'll all work out OK. Although I'd prefer someone that would've made sense, to call it a worthless trade or a screwed-us-over trade is untrue.

Now we have more confusion in the linebacker situation. Sad
Now we DEFINATELY will sign one of the wide recievers. We're under the MINIMUM of spending, so we have to sign one or TWO big players - one of them must be a wide reciever.
We use one of the draft picks to get a defensive lineman (whether DT or end we could use either), and I don't know what they're gonna do with the #7 pick. Something in my mind says Derrick Johnson - like they've scrapped hope on their young linebackers, and are going to try to do it with Harris, Johnson, and Claiborne. However, I'm not in charge nor do I have any better idea of what's going on than anyone else. I'm just saying it's not as bad as you're making it seem.
Vikings fan.
David

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Ahem.

Here it is:

not yet you mean
USNinc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really thought that if the Vikes traded with the Raiders then they would land P. Buchanon? What happened?

I'm a Lions fan so I'm glad to see Moss leave, if it's true. I just now fear what you could do with that available cap space.
Sing a WR in FA like Muhammed, Bruce, Burress, Coles, Gardner, Booker, etc. and draft a WR high in Edwards or Williams.

This could work out in the long run for you....which really ticks me off.
T0wer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does that tick you off? We are supposed to make moves that will HELP us.... even if it is long term? Just like the Lions are supposed to do right ??? Question
UtBDan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Ahem.

Here it is:

not yet you mean

He's selling the team... there's no way he could as it'd need to be passed at the owners meaning, but at the owners meeting they're going to pass the sale of the team... so there's no way Red would move it. Nice to you wank off though.

T0wer, did you read what he said?
The Vikings could sign a big play WR and then just use the draft pick to get better, meaning the trade improved the Vikings. That's why it ticked him off.
"This could work out in the long run for you....which really ticks me off."

He's not a Vikings fan... he wants the Lions to win, and with such, have easier opponents - meaning he wanted Moss to get less than what he's worth/not have the Vikings improve with the trade.
Vikings fan.
Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think raiders got the better end of the deal and personly im happy with it but u say LB isnt a need for the vikes off course it is vikings have arguable the worst LB corp in the nfl in my opinion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why everyone is so upset with this trade. What did we win with Moss? Nothing. The fact is this trade will heal the Vikings because we just traded our cancer. With most of the good defensive players franchised, we needed to do something to help our D. Getting Harris helps, not to mention the #7 pick. There are plenty of good recievers in free agency, my preferance would be Burress, and there are 2 studs that at least one should be there at 7. Moss is a hell of a player - when he wants to be, and he will probably have a big year next year just to spite us, but F him. I, along with many Vikings, was sick of his antics and his attitude. If the Vikings have a good rest of the offseason, it is not unlikely they will play in Detroit twice next year.
andrew91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red the retard does it again. That man needs a good beating. Seroisuly, get Daunte and like Wiggins to f him up
Ahem, now that I got that out of my sytem
I am confused, its very puzzling as to why the trade was made, never should have been done. You could have gotten more for Randy Moss if you just waited or looked harder.
Again, nice job Red Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: