You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A.J. Hawk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boltfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: A.J. Hawk Reply with quote

What would you guys think of swapping picks with the Jets and sending them Phillip Rivers, putting us in postion to draft D'Brick or Hawk?

I think Brick is the more logical choice, cuz highly rated LT usually live up to the hype. But...

Can you imagine A.J. Hawk playing along side Edwards, Foley, and Merriman? WOW Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

sig done dy alabama_man7

LT=MVP
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the Jets would swap if they had a top 3 pick. AJ Hawk would be awesome though. The linbacker core would be absolutely insane. I think Ferguson would be the most logical chioce because young stud LT are hard to come by, and if the Chargers have a top 5 pick they might want to get one with the oppurtunity. Another guy to consider is DB Jimmy WIlliams. Williams could play S or CB, could be a big boost to the secondary. My pick would be D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
superchargers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had my choice between Hawk and D'brick, I'd take D'brick. I think they are equal in talent but we need a franchise OLT. If D'brick was already taken and Hawk was available I'd be stoked. Our LBs would dominate for years to come.
Lowe_51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see it happening. the jets just put a bunch of money into pennington. that would be a boatload of cap money at QB for them, too much i would think. anyway i think rivers is a lot to give up just to move 12-15 spots.

it would be nice to move up near the top though. i would take d-brick in an instant. he looks like one of those once in a decade tackles. did anyone see him as a true freshman at virginia? he was starting at tackle and i think he was listed at 225 or 235! he looked even smaller than that, like a big WR playing tackle. but nobody got by him. beautiful technique.
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Hawk is a OLB by nature any way so it wouldn't be wise to put his talents as an outside pass rusher in the middle. I would also rather stay where we are and take Abdul Hodge anyway. Hodge is going to be a star in this league for years to come and is a natural MLB.

~ Lork
BigSwede

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Hawk Reply with quote

The Hawkster can play (and has) played anywhere we need him. Inside in a 3-4 is no stretch from outside in a 4-3. He looks more like an ILB to me anyway. Not a problem.

It'll never happen but...sign Ty Law once the Jets let him go... then Rivers and Jammer to the Saints for their #1 and #2. Nobody seems to want to play for them and Rivers should be happy to get his chance anywhere.
theone8082

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Hawk Reply with quote

BigSwede wrote:
The Hawkster can play (and has) played anywhere we need him. Inside in a 3-4 is no stretch from outside in a 4-3. He looks more like an ILB to me anyway. Not a problem.

It'll never happen but...sign Ty Law once the Jets let him go... then Rivers and Jammer to the Saints for their #1 and #2. Nobody seems to want to play for them and Rivers should be happy to get his chance anywhere.

Saints wont give that up, they could have Leinart or Young where @ #2.. i dont think its time to give up on Jammer yet.. Put a decent Safety behing him and i think he'll be fine..
CorpuscolAwesom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do in fact trade Rivers, it won't be to someone in the top 3 because they could otherwise pick one of this draft's studs (Bush, Leinart, Young). It also won't be to the Jets. However, if we could engineer a trade that brought a pick in the 5-10 range (and possibly something else) for Rivers, we could probably pick up Ferguson, Hawk, Jimmy Williams, or Hawk (any of whom would be excellent picks) and then draft a receiver, DB, or OL with our #19 pick (depending on who we got earlier). Getting both Ferguson and a decent Safety would do wonders for the Chargers, especially if we can bring in at least one quality free agent.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: