Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jake Plummer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Jake Plummer Reply with quote

Living in Denver, I have a pretty good idea of what the local talk shows think and hear, but I'm curious about your thoughts on Jake.

It seemed telling to me yesterday that on 3rd and 10, Pittsburgh asked Ben to throw a 15 yard pass to Hines or Cedric Wilson. They seemed to go downfield a lot and pick up a lot of 3rd-and-longs. However on 3rd and long, Denver asked Jake to A) hand off or B) throw an immediate swing pass to the RB. It seems like the coaches don't trust him at all. Since they see him every day I would have to trust that judgement.

He did have a couple nice throws, but is this guy really a Pro-Bowl QB? Who watched that game and thought that the better QB was Jake? I have to admit his escapability in the 2nd half was astounding! Maybe they should turn him into a punt returner instead! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Charger fan jumping in your forum here but I think Plummer really came around this year. He's a legit QB. Not sure if he's one of the top 3 QBs in the AFC, which was asked but definitely in the mix. I would chalk it up as one bad game. It happens to everybody.
Westy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he had a good year and that it would be naive to blame the loss on him.
smeatbills

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake had an awsome year and to say he cost the Broncos that game all by himself is silly. I know Elway spoiled you guys but as a Bills fan alot of teams would kill to have the snake as there QB.
DILinator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to be the Plummer hater here, and say I do lay the blame for the loss at Jake's feet. While it is true that the defensive secondary played horribly, and also deserves part of the blame, if Plummer doesn't throw those easy interceptions at crucial points, the whole makeup of the game changes. Add to that the inexplicable fumbles, and you have a guy who almost single-handedly coughed up the game.

Now, did he turn the corner this year in the regular season and play very well? Yes, and that's a good sign. But in crunch time, he had the worst game of his career, and that's a bad sign. It's not good when I was thinking about the possibility of Plummer being in the Super Bowl before the game, and just could not picture it. Sorry, but I do blame Plummer, and hope we get a tough as nails QB like Big Ben or Elway was sometime in the near future.

If you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost...
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this: Plummer should be blamed for the loss what with 4 turnovers. However, even though it was a huge game that he played his worst in, you shouldn't sour on the guy. Not after the year he had.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DILinator wrote:
Now, did he turn the corner this year in the regular season and play very well? Yes, and that's a good sign. But in crunch time, he had the worst game of his career, and that's a bad sign. It's not good when I was thinking about the possibility of Plummer being in the Super Bowl before the game, and just could not picture it.

this is exactly how i feel about him too. he played very well this year (not that we asked him to do much), but when the chips were down and we needed him to make plays, he turned into jake plummer again. he will never win a super bowl, and i think we should look at replacements as soon as possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: