You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric Parker

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TBONED

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Eric Parker Reply with quote

Where does he stand in the Charger's plans for next year? Do the Charger's have a need at WR, especially with McCardell up there in age?
SDChargers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will probably con tinue to be our #2 with McCardell as our #1.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's gonna be back, and he's probably gonna be pushed by Vincent Jackson for that #2 spot...
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Park is one of the most clutch #2 wideouts in the game, and Mccardell aint done yet. Our need at WR depends on how much Vincent Jackson shows for us next year.
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. This should also explain why WR is not a first round need for the chargers this year.
CorpuscolAwesom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Our wideout corps is solid as-is. Especially considering the weak draft class at wideout, I think we can go another year or two without adding a wideout. Parker would have even better numbers if Marty was more aggressive downfield. Lots of times Parker gets open 15 yards down the field as the second option, but the first read is to McCardell for 7 and that's where Brees goes because that's what the play is designed for.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parker is a very underrated and effective receiver, I dont know if he will be a no.1 once MCCardell retires. REceiver will be a need in the future, maybe next years draft, but this year the emphasize has to be in the secondary or offensive tackle, LB as well in the middle to late rounds.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Eric Parker Reply with quote

TBONED wrote:
Where does he stand in the Charger's plans for next year? Do the Charger's have a need at WR, especially with McCardell up there in age?

He will be the #2 or #3 guy. I hope we hang on to Reche, he is extremely talented, and his only knock is fumbling because he wants the extra yard. I have to admire the determination, he just needs 2 hands on that ball.

Osgood and Jackson provide great mismatches. I know one or (hopefully) both will break out this year. We are loaded with solid WRs. We definitly don't need a WR that will take a year or two to polish when we can take a S or OT that can step in and make an improvement this year.
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Caldwell too but I don't think he will be re-signed.
theone8082

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PadsChargers wrote:
I like Caldwell too but I don't think he will be re-signed.

true, when i heard they signed Osgood, the first thing i thought was that Caldwell would be gone
PowderBlueBlood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: WHAT ABOUT THE BEST #2 as OUR #2!!!!!!????? Reply with quote

Eric is just too small to ever as #2 hes done awesome. I think hes a great #3, slot guy. I'd like to see the Chargers bid for Reggie Wayne in FA becasue the colts cant afford. The only receiver I like in the draft is Santonio Holmes, but I have no pasing target concerns. Gates McCardell, Parker, V.J. and Big Osgood is just fine and oh yeah, dont forget about LT...CAM!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: