You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st two rounds

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: 1st two rounds Reply with quote

What would you think of getting a OT in the first (Scott, Justice, McNeill, Winston, take your pick) and a S in the second (I'm liking Donte' Whitner more and more)?
boltfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: 1st two rounds Reply with quote

PadsChargers wrote:
What would you think of getting a OT in the first (Scott, Justice, McNeill, Winston, take your pick) and a S in the second (I'm liking Donte' Whitner more and more)?

If we don't get Huff or J. Williams in the 1st, than that is exactly how I hope it plays out. I'd be fine with either of those 4 OT( I prefer Justice) in the 1st, and Donte Whitner is who I want in the 2nd as well. I wouldn't be upset if we got Greg Blue or Pat Watkins if Whitner is gone.

sig done dy alabama_man7

LT=MVP
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Blue is a Terrence Kiel clone, I'd like a SS who actually has some cover skills. I think S is a bigger need, so I'd prefer that in the first. Although if Jonathon Scott falls it will be too good a chance to pass up.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not too high on Eric Winston, so the only way I want a tackle to be considered is if Winston Justice or Jon Scott is sitting there. I still think a good cover safety is the biggest need so Ko Simpson would probably be the most logical pick.
theone8082

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
Greg Blue is a Terrence Kiel clone, I'd like a SS who actually has some cover skills. I think S is a bigger need, so I'd prefer that in the first. Although if Jonathon Scott falls it will be too good a chance to pass up.

i'd take Scott as well.. I still like the thought of a safety in the first
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the thought of a safety in the first as well but I also would like a OT. I'm really split 50/50. I think a quality S will be there in the second, however I think after the top six tackles (Ferguson, Justice, Scott, McNeill, Winston, Colledge), there is a big drop-off, at least in terms of potential Left Tackles which is what we need. There are some hulking RTs but that's not what we need. I don't think we'll have a shot at any of these guys that I named in the second round but I think we will be able to pick up a good S in the second.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well of course it depends on how well Brees recovers and who we sign in FA.

If we start Rivers next year b/c Brees is not signed or cannot play as well as he could then I would do everything in our power to trade up to guarentee Scott or Justice. Then we should go from there. His protection will be our highest priority.

If Brees is resigned we take BPA between S and OT in first round, then the other (unless Dallas & others pass on Hodge, who I like better each day) in the second round.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the article on chargers.com about our new o-line coach's resume with developing high potential young players, I think I'm a little more partial to drafting an OT in the first.
theone8082

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:

If we start Rivers next year b/c Brees is not signed or cannot play as well as he could then I would do everything in our power to trade up to guarentee Scott or Justice. Then we should go from there. His protection will be our highest priority.

If Brees is resigned we take BPA between S and OT in first round, then the other (unless Dallas & others pass on Hodge, who I like better each day) in the second round.

I'd love Hodge or Parham in the 2nd
nyyjones

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:

I wouldn't draft Scott with the 19th pick, simply because Texas OL do not have a very good reputation for panning out in the pros...period. Personally, other than Brick, I like Daryn Colledge from Boise State next best of the OT's. He's also probably the best pass blocking OT coming out right now, even better than Brick, and he plays with a mean streak. I don't think Brees will have any problems with his injury, since I've had the same surgery. It's not the type of injury Pennington suffered, so there shouldn't be any problems with him being 100% this coming year. If someone offered the right package for Rivers, I'd have no problems dealing him, but it sure wouldn't be for injury prone, John Abraham. If the Jets want Rivers, then I want their 4th pick (Ferguson...or trade if the Titans take him), or Vilma.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: