You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft projections

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zphogan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Draft projections Reply with quote

I'm a new member to the forum. Its great to be amongst Charger fans. I can't wait for the draft, here are some initial thoughts. Feel free to rip me for my Sinorice Moss take.

Rankings for 1st and 2nd round:

Round 1:

1. Huff (he is probably long gone, maybe a miracle will happen)
2. Justice (too good to pass up)
3. Ko Simpson
4. Jimmy Williams
5. Marcus McNeil (highly underrated and back shouldn't be a problem)
6. Bing

Round 2:

*1. Sinorice Moss (I'll explain)
2. Jonathan Scott (doubtful, but he could drop to here)
3. Winston (he too could fall)
4. Daniel Bullocks (the guy makes plays)
5. Colledge
6. Trueblood
7. C. Griffin (he can play safety)

*I know we will undoubtedly take a safety and OT with our first two picks, however if Moss somehow dropped to us in the 2nd round I think we would have to take him. He would make an immediate impact on our PR and KR teams (Sproles didn't cut it) and I think he can develop into a starting receiver for the future alongside V. Jackson. This is an unlikely scenario due to his performance at Senior Bowl as it appears he will go low first, high second.

Also, third round we should definitely take an OG.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Feel free to rip me for my Sinorice Moss take. "

Im tempted...hehe Twisted Evil
but your new to the forums, so I want to make a good first impression. I think that Mcneil wouldn't be a good fit with the Charger because he plays RT, and we need a guy on the left side. I also have Williams higher, he is very talented, and if he has a attitude problem, if he backs it up on the field, I'm fine with him.

Scott in 2nd round would be a very pleasant surprise, doubtful that it happens, but I'll take it.

PR/KRs are a dime a dozen, so I'm wouldn't take Moss for just that reason, and I really don't see the need of adding another WR to our roster when the 5 we got are very solid (gramaticall error in there somewhere Very Happy )

I also think AJ should take Joseph if he is still there in the third. i have only seen him play a little, and I was impressed. I don't know if he is a reach or a homer pick, but I think he is the 3rd best OG in the draft. We should also consider taking a ILB with our 3rd pick, and then address OG in 4th.

We have a lot of picks this year, so hopefully AJ can get a lot of good talent, and we can push toward SB XLI.

Nice meeting you by the way.
theone8082

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Draft projections Reply with quote

zphogan wrote:
I'm a new member to the forum. Its great to be amongst Charger fans. I can't wait for the draft, here are some initial thoughts. Feel free to rip me for my Sinorice Moss take.

Rankings for 1st and 2nd round:

Round 1:

1. Huff (he is probably long gone, maybe a miracle will happen)
2. Justice (too good to pass up)
3. Ko Simpson
4. Jimmy Williams
5. Marcus McNeil (highly underrated and back shouldn't be a problem)
6. Bing

i'd go:

1. Huff
2. Jimmy Williams
3. Ko Simpson
4. Winston Justice
5. Bing
6. McNeil

I think AntonioGates is right with explanation on McNeil.. Safety seems to be the more immediate need, so 3 safeties go over Winston Justice. Watch out for Eric Winston if he has a good combine.

zphogan wrote:

Round 2:

*1. Sinorice Moss (I'll explain)
2. Jonathan Scott (doubtful, but he could drop to here)
3. Winston (he too could fall)
4. Daniel Bullocks (the guy makes plays)
5. Colledge
6. Trueblood
7. C. Griffin (he can play safety)

*I know we will undoubtedly take a safety and OT with our first two picks, however if Moss somehow dropped to us in the 2nd round I think we would have to take him. He would make an immediate impact on our PR and KR teams (Sproles didn't cut it) and I think he can develop into a starting receiver for the future alongside V. Jackson. This is an unlikely scenario due to his performance at Senior Bowl as it appears he will go low first, high second.

Also, third round we should definitely take an OG.

i have a feeling that Scott and Winston will be gone. I dont think we should draft Sinorice until the 4th at the highest. I'd rather take Drouzon Quillen in the 6th or something like that.. Moss seems destined to be a slot guy, but we need someone to develop into a true #1.. If Chad Jackson is still there in rd. 2, and no other quality OT are available (along with Hodge or parham), i think we should go with Jackson. enough size, speed, and hands. I dont think he'll be there, but no one is really sure.. Martin Nance also might get a look in rd. 2, but Steeler fans want him @ 32. But Safeties and OT come first in the first 2 rounds
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jimmy Williams is overrated. I've watched him play a few times and he doesn't look like he knows what the hell is going on. I guess that's just my two cents. I also think Donte' Whitner from Ohio State should be considered if available in the second.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott is a better prospect than Justice. We'll be lucky if he's still around when we're picking in round 1, let alone round 2.

Give Sproles some time. He was 5th in the NFL in KR average, even with a bum groin the latter half of the season. If you've ever had a bum groin, you know it's hard to run. He never returned a punt in his life, until this year, so give him time on that too. He's got the skill to do it, if he can only learn how to catch it. He will this training camp.
zphogan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely think McNeil can play left tackle. My thoughts are he could start right away on the right side (Olivea should provide depth, not start) and be groomed to take over for Oben. I also think we need to add a starting guard on the left side, Dielmann is a backup.

I don't see it happening with Sproles on punt returns, just not instinctive enough.
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dielman is a solid starter, he was better than Goff when he got into the lineup this year
nyyjones

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing them sign Chris Hope as a FA from the Steelers. He's only 25, and had more tackles and interceptions than his more celebrated counterpart on the that D. I also like a T out of Boise State, Daryn Colledge. If anyone here remembers Jim Lachey, he's very much like him, and he was one of the Charger's best LT ever. Next to Brick, he's probably the most athletic T in the draft, is already an accomplished pass blocker, and plays with a mean streak. If we don't take him, don't be surprised if Denver does. Justice has talent too, but also off field issues. Scott is a Texas OL, and thier reputation for panning out in the NFL is less than stellar. Also, if we didn't get Hope in FA, perhaps someone like Pat Watkins from Florida State would be good at FS. He's 6'4", runs a 4.5, and will probably play at around 215 in the pros. He's very good in coverage, and better than most FS against the run. Either him, or Kai Parham from Virginia to take Godfrey's place at ILB when he retires (Virginia plays a 3-4 D, so he would be right at home playing ILB for the Chargers). Another person who's interesting, especially since we tend to take a flyer every year on WR's with "potential" to become No1 WR's, is Martin Nance from Miami (OH). He's similar to Plaxico Burress in size without the attitude, and faster. Was Big Ben's favorite target when he was in college, and although he was injured in 2004, he had a great year this year, especially when you consider he had a lousy QB.
theone8082

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyyjones wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing them sign Chris Hope as a FA from the Steelers. He's only 25, and had more tackles and interceptions than his more celebrated counterpart on the that D. I also like a T out of Boise State, Daryn Colledge. If anyone here remembers Jim Lachey, he's very much like him, and he was one of the Charger's best LT ever. Next to Brick, he's probably the most athletic T in the draft, is already an accomplished pass blocker, and plays with a mean streak. If we don't take him, don't be surprised if Denver does. Justice has talent too, but also off field issues. Scott is a Texas OL, and thier reputation for panning out in the NFL is less than stellar. Also, if we didn't get Hope in FA, perhaps someone like Pat Watkins from Florida State would be good at FS. He's 6'4", runs a 4.5, and will probably play at around 215 in the pros. He's very good in coverage, and better than most FS against the run. Either him, or Kai Parham from Virginia to take Godfrey's place at ILB when he retires (Virginia plays a 3-4 D, so he would be right at home playing ILB for the Chargers). Another person who's interesting, especially since we tend to take a flyer every year on WR's with "potential" to become No1 WR's, is Martin Nance from Miami (OH). He's similar to Plaxico Burress in size without the attitude, and faster. Was Big Ben's favorite target when he was in college, and although he was injured in 2004, he had a great year this year, especially when you consider he had a lousy QB.

Chris Hope, Winston Justice, Martin Nance or Kai Parham?
That would be awesome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: