You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bolts HAVE TO trade RIVERS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Bolts HAVE TO trade RIVERS Reply with quote

I'm not a Chargers fan, although I like them, but one thing is clear to me and that is that you guys are wasting Philip Rivers. That guy is too good to be rotting on the bench anywhere. MORE IMPORTANTLY, you guys missed out on the playoffs by {--} this much and the difference was probably only one impact LB or DB.

You could have had that for Rivers.

I have been betrayed by my Packers managemant as well, many many times.

Would you all trade PR right now for a #25 overall pick?
How about a #15 overall?
How about a #7?

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
zphogan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, to all picks.

First, it is nearly impossible to trade Rivers right now with Drew currently rehabbing a major injury to his throwing shoulder. I don't think A.J. would consider making a move until he is 100% sure that Drew is fully recovered. Most teams will have their QB situation settled by the time Brees is throwing (late May or early June), so I think this eliminates any possibility of Rivers being moved.

Also, the Chargers have taken the brunt of Rivers salary cap figure the last two years and at this point he is very salary cap friendly.

Hypothetically, if Drew hadn't been injured, I think we would have fielded offers for Rivers. But for now, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zphogan wrote:
No, to all picks.

First, it is nearly impossible to trade Rivers right now with Drew currently rehabbing a major injury to his throwing shoulder. I don't think A.J. would consider making a move until he is 100% sure that Drew is fully recovered. Most teams will have their QB situation settled by the time Brees is throwing (late May or early June), so I think this eliminates any possibility of Rivers being moved.

Also, the Chargers have taken the brunt of Rivers salary cap figure the last two years and at this point he is very salary cap friendly.

Hypothetically, if Drew hadn't been injured, I think we would have fielded offers for Rivers. But for now, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Makes sense. Sound reasoning. I agree about the Brees injury. I guess last year was the time that Rivers should have been traded. Maybe that impact LB or DB would have made the difference LAST season.

I feel bad for Rivers, and now who knows about Brees. I saw my guy Don Majikowski and then Pennington recently with his shoulder injury, and those two QBs never got their arm strength back.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impact DB would have been nice but impact LB? our LBs were great last year
zphogan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, LB is not a priority, although drafting a young MLB in 3rd or 4th round wouldn't be the worst thing to do.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Oliver Hoyte or Anthony Schlegal would be great opitions in the fourth or fifth round. Both Schlegal and Hoyte are over 250+ and are steady MLBs. I think one of those guys would be a great addition to sit behind Godfrey and Edwards and take over for them eventually.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers will be a starter in San Diego eventually, AJ is way to high on him to trade him.

If AJ had his way (which he almost does) then Rivers would have been our starter game 1 of 2004.

I'm still very intrigued by River's potential and build. He is very promising.
As of now though, he is #1 on our depth chart until we sign Brees. To get him, I would defintly want a 1st rounder (#3-10) and a playmaker.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, I think we'd be lucky to get a 1st round pick for Rivers. Brees will be back, he has demonstrated the character to overcome an injury like this. We have Feeley to fill in as a back up and he wasn't bad being a back up, it's when they tried to make a starter out of the guy that he stunk up the place. On to why I don't like Rivers.

1. His release is not only awkward it's almost painful to watch.

2. Last year at camp, the order of how the QB's looked at least to me was, Lemon, Brees and then Rivers. I just haven't seen anything to change my opinion of him.

3. We have Pro-Bowl Quality QB Brees. With protection and a ball hungry defense, the bolts will be playing in Miami come February.

All in all if we could swap 1st rounders with the Jets, throw in Rivers, and then get D'Brick I'd be stellar happy.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: