You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why we won't take Holmes at #19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDChargers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of hope if Simpson or one of the good OTS aren't at our spot we trade back and get another 2nd rounder, 2nd day pick, and a 2007 round 1 pick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boltfan wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
I really wana see the Chargers trade back and pick up Abdul Hodge.

Why? Are LBs do not need to be addressed this off-season, except to get Cooper and Wilhelm under contract. I wouldn't mind trading back if Huff and Jimmy Williams aren't there, but not to pick an ILB.

He will be a beast at the MLB spot, and Godfrey isn't getting younger (neither is Donnie) and are back ups aren't great.
theone8082

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
boltfan wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
I really wana see the Chargers trade back and pick up Abdul Hodge.

Why? Are LBs do not need to be addressed this off-season, except to get Cooper and Wilhelm under contract. I wouldn't mind trading back if Huff and Jimmy Williams aren't there, but not to pick an ILB.

He will be a beast at the MLB spot, and Godfrey isn't getting younger (neither is Donnie) and are back ups aren't great.

i agree.. IMO, Hodge would be a great pick up for the bolts because Donnie and Godfrey are getting older, and aside from Wilhelm (i think he's gonna be a stud), we dont really have backups that will become starters in the future
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferguson is a great prospect but I'm not crazy about trading up for him. This is a great draft fot OTs and we could pick up a good one if we really want to if we stay where we are. Winston Justice, Jonathan Scott, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill, and even Daryn Colledge are all highly regarded OTs.

ILB could be an issue in the near future. We have Donnie and Godfrey but their both old and Godfrey will only play one more year. Also, this is the last year of Edwards' contract. Cooper and Wilhelm are OK but are both free agents, even if they re-sign one of them, they will need another to be able to play in a year.
nyyjones

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I don't believe there's one WR in this class worth a No1 pick, period. That being said, the Chargers do need either a top S or T with the pick, although I would not be surprised to see the go for a LB. Someone here thought going for a LB was not a good idea, but although Godfrey's signed again, next year is likely his last and a replacement is needed. Either Parham (who plays in a 3-4 already at VA), or Havner from UCLA would be a good pickup in round two, regardless of what we do in the 1st. I do like Hodge too, but he is only 5'11", and that's what they post, so I'm not even sure about that until the combine, so it's doubtful he'd be able to pack on another 10-15 pounds. Not that he couldn't be successful, but he is small, and we're talking the NFL here, not the Big 10. I do like how Smith likes to "grow" and reward his own players, but I wouldn't mind seeing him go after Chris Hope from the Steelers to give us a very good, and very young (25) FS. In fact, he had more tackles, and more interceptions than Polamalu did. A CB that could be available later, like the 4th or 5th round, Derrick Martin from Wyoming is also an interesting player. Very fast, good size, and a hard hitter who could probably step in as a nickel right now, and may even take over one of the two starting jobs if not later in 2006, probably in 2007. A NT to give Williams a break now and then, or to step in for an injury could be Dusty Dvoracek from Oklahoma, who could probably be had in the 3rd, if we didn't take a WR there.
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hearing that when the chargers give Williams some breathers, Olshansky will slide into the NT spot. This makes sense, considering they have Castillo and they just signed Jacques Cesaire to a new contract.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to use a later pick on Marcus Demps. I think getting this under the radar hometown boy will be a valuable addition to our secondary. He may not start, but he will be some competition. I mean look what his brother did as an undrafted FA on the best defense of that era.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Webb too, bring in all the SDSU guys we can Laughing , Webb could actually be a could project player to sit behind McCardell, and he would probably be there in the 4th or 5th round, saves a first day pick on a WR>
PadsChargers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Webb
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Jeff Webb too, bring in all the SDSU guys we can Laughing , Webb could actually be a could project player to sit behind McCardell, and he would probably be there in the 4th or 5th round, saves a first day pick on a WR>

Yep, I don't mind a guy like Webb. How well does he project with special teams? Thats the type of guy I think we need to get if we take a WR. Someone who can either cover on kickoffs or return punts his first season, then become a #3 guy behind Jackson and Osgood/Parker in the future.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: