Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2005 Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where do you see the Browns in December?
12-4 or better(Division Champs)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
10-6(wildcard, maybe division champs)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
9-7(maybe a wild card)
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
8-8
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
less then 7 wins
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 25

DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have no patience

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I hate to agree with a Ravens fan, he is right. I don't know what your bias is against older players, but Hines Ward might just be the best reciever in the game. Burress did not fit with the offense well, and Randle el will be fine in his spot. Rothlisberger is a good QB, aided by a great line and running game, but not "just lucky". He may not be the next Elway, but he is better than any other QB in the division (sorry Carson).
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is the best QB in our division... What's that proving...? Kyle Boller couldnt make plays with Randy Moss.. Carson Palmer is decent but he can't keep from throwing INT's.... We dont have a QB... It proves nothing... Hines Ward is not even CLOSE to being one of the best recievers in the league... I have no problem with old players.... you just throw out people who happen to be like 33 or 34 years old and they suck... Trent Dilfer is not going to be a Brown... neither is jay fiedler... I'm sorry to disappoint you.... Plaxico was a good fit in their offense.. He was on pace this season to have well over 1000 yards and average over 20 yards a catch... He had 2 1000 yard seasons and almost had one the year before last, but he didnt get the ball as much... dont tell me he didnt fit....

This is called TRUTH!

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a run oriented offense, you can't have two #1 recievers. That was the problem in Pittsburgh. He had his good years when the Steelers tried to be a passing team, but since they got Duce, they switched back to a power running attack.

To say Hines is not one of the best means you have never watched him play. He runs perfect routes, has great hands and field awareness. But the thing that separates him from other recievers with similar skills is what he does when he doesn't have the ball. He is without a doubt, the best run blocking WR playing today, maybe ever.

It would not disappoint me at all if Jay Fiedler did not become a Brown. It would severely disappoint me if we went into the season without a veteran QB on the roster, though. Dilfer's still got plenty left in the tank. Don't be so sure he won't be coming here.

Confucious says: "Those who make declarative statements are far more likely to look foolish in retrospect."
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Romeo and Phil go into the season without a veteran, I wouldnt argue because THEY are the coaches and not you... and it's funny that when Pitt did run more, Plaxico got the ball more and was on pace for his best season yet.... Hmm.... stats do tell...

This is called TRUTH!

MusingsFromBigPink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Hey Raven Reply with quote

Quote:
That has to be one of the worst arguments i have ever seen. . . you need to seriously reconsider your post.

See raven, we don't just act like knuckleheads in your forum. Some of us don't even know how to behave at home.

Seriously, I agree the North will be very tough next year, and yes, most of us would kill to have a QB like Big Ben.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant that it is a tough division, but it is easy to win because there normally arent any teams that win more than 11 games... therefore, any team contends quite easily

This is called TRUTH!

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true. The division usually goes to the team with the best running game and defense.

That's why I'm not worried about who the quarterback is, and neither is Savage it would seem.
harold650

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: WHO CARES ABOUT THE 2005 RECORD Reply with quote

The Browns are not going to the Super Bowl this year, but:

We have a Real GM.

We have a Real Coach and staff.

We got rid of a lot of bums, misfits and quitters.

We have a future and it is good.

Oh Yeah!

Shocked
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's why I'm not worried about who the quarterback is, and neither is Savage it would seem.

You sure seem worried when all you have to talk about is Trent Dilfer and Jay Fiedler... If you didnt care, you would support Luke

This is called TRUTH!

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will never hear me say Luke should be the starter. I'm not sure he should even be the backup yet. I do care, that's why I can't support him as the starter. Don't confuse worrying with caring.

By me saying not worried, I just meant that it would take a little time to settle. We were going to get someone, it was just the who's and how's that had to be worked out. I'm glad it was Dilfer and not Fiedler, but those were our two best options. We got the better of the two, without a doubt.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to Gary Baxter, its not like Ozzie simply took 4 mill off the table. the other 4 million was to come in a roster bonus at some time, and his agent agreed to that, but didn't tell Baxter that the 4 million would come at a later time. So when Baxter was ready to sign the contract, Ozzie and his agent had agreed to the terms and so had Baxter, but then Gary noticed the signing bonus was 4 million less. Pretty much the whole fiasco can be blamed on Baxter's agent for miscommunicating the deal to Gary.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Clayton is a liar and all those reports are rumors, just read by reporters.

Ozzie did not do anything shady. He is a class act, and one of the best GMs (he was a much better TE, though Razz ).

The reason Gary Baxter came to Cleveland is because Phil Savage asked him if he wanted to. It was that simple. He called him Thursday and said, "We would love for you to play for us. Sleep on it tonight, and if you want to go back to Baltimore, that's fine. But we really would like you here."

Gary thought about it, and decided that he could step out of the shadows of the other great defenders in Baltimore, and become a leader on a new unit with potential to be great. Gary and Ozzie then met at a restaraunt, and discussed his decision. I'm sure Ozzie appealed, but Gary's heart told him to follow the scout who got him drafted in Baltimore, and play for a coach like Romeo Crennel.

So it was not a contract dispute that led to him coming here. He was just following his heart. Now he gets to play for the Dawg Pound. Doesn't get much better than that! Woof! Woof!
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ditchdigger"]John Clayton is a liar and all those reports are rumors, just read by reporters.

Ozzie did not do anything shady. He is a class act, and one of the best GMs (he was a much better TE, though Razz ).

quote]

ditchdigger, i wish all browns fans reasoned like you. after all, the browns did want ozzie first, but the ravens denied them, so they took phil.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all Browns fans were like me the rivalry would be no fun.

My seats when I go to games aren't in the Dawg Pound, but close enough to see it. I can not hold a candle to the intensity those people have. I guess that's cuz I drink cocoa instead of beer. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: