Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sherman Worst GM Ever???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hauschild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Sherman Worst GM Ever??? Reply with quote

Ok, now that Rivera and Wahle are gone, any of you Sherman lovers still say he did a decent job, I'll personally drop ya'll where ya stand! Sure, lock up Robert Ferguson who can't run proper routes and catch balls and let the heart of the offensive line walk.

What a fu@#$@# joke!

I hope Favre stays the hell away from Green Bay because he's really gonna go out on a sour note if he comes back now.

Face it, no offensive line for Green means back to the passing game for Green Bay. Normally, that would be ok but with our shabby receiving corps who fail to consistently get open, it spells doom!

Ultimately, the blame should lay on the hands of Bob Harlan. Does anyone realize how long it is going to take for Green Bay to ever become semi-dominant?
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB still ha Flanagan, Tauscher, and Clifton. Which happen to be some of the best. Also look at Barry who has not had a chance to play. Wells did pretty good considerin he was the 242 pick in the draft.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay has very very good WR's
T0wer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Yeah... Reply with quote

Too bad Wells doesn't play guard, huh?

I'm not sure many of you realize how much Wahle is going to be missed, especially on sweeps and screens.

Also, as an entire unit, Green Bay's receivers are ok, not good.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hauschild, I belive Ted Thompson is the GM now. This was a pointless thread. You can't pin the blame on Sherman being a bad GM when he wasn't the GM when this happened. Think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel interview of Ron Wolf

"I don't think they've lost anything yet," Wolf said. "I'm sure they hate to lose Wahle, but there wasn't anything they could do about that. They had to get out from what was obviously not a good contract they did for Wahle. You can't blame Ted (new GM Ted Thompson) for that. That's one of those things you walk in there and find out one of your veteran players is in a situation where you have absolutely no maneuverablity whatsoever. That has to be really frustrating."

Wolf goes on to discuss the move not to resign Rivera and "overpay" someone that is at the end of his career. I wish they could have re-signed both players but the dead money in Joe Johnson, Jamal Reynolds, and the overpaying of Hunt and KGB has really hurt them right now. The drafting of Reynolds and I think the drafting of Ferguson over Chris Chambers have not favored Sherman as a GM. Not to mention trading up to pick a punter in the 3rd round. I could see it if the guy had a cannon coming out of his leg but a guy with just limited power and supposedly good accuracy. Then give him a $100,000 signing bonus and keep two punters on the roster all year. The defense didn't need any help (sarcasm). Come on.
KGBPACKER94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I do agree that Whale will be missed, but if you look at it logically there is no way we could have kept him without sacrificing other vauluable palyers

but to say out WR's are just ok? now that ridiculous, but I've got some stats for ya

Javon Walker
1382 yds.-3rd in the NFL
12 TDs- 7th in the NFL
89 recs.- 8th in the NFL

Donald Driver
1208 yds.- 10th in the NFL
9 TDs- 15th in the NFL
84 recs.- 14th in the NFL

thats one top ten WR, and one Top 15 WR
And Ferggie is top 75, which isn't shabby

Further more if you comepare all the stats, not only do we have a very good WR duo, but we have the
BEST IN THE NFL!!! so i'm sorry to say hauschild, but you are way way off
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker will be a force for the future. You usually see wide outs break out in their third year and never look back, and Walker definantly broke out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Yikes ... Reply with quote

Yeah, all that talent at WR and we can't put up 20 points at home against a horrible defense. Yeah, those WR's are GREAT!!! C'mon, what banana boat you think I just fell off? Obviously the stats you provided are very misleading, correct? I'm telling you guys that those receivers were going up against horrible defenses for most of the games last season; Minnesota, Detroit, St. Louis, etc.

Now, I don't blame Thompson for letting Wahle go because there wasn't anything he could do about it at this time. HOWEVER, Sherman's the damned fool who signed him the way he did. Sherman ran the gammut for 5 friggin' years and ran a decent defese into the ground, a la Dave Wannstedt. Anyone who can't see that has been living under a rock for the past few years!

Don't you guys remember the regimes of Bart Starr, Forrest Gregg and Lindy Infante? Without Favre the last 5 years, that's exactly what we would have had.

Sure, I agree you can't cry over spilled milk, but I'm a huge fan of removing a problem early, rather than closing your eyes and hoping it will go away. And, Sherman WAS a problem GM, to say the least. Jesus, I could have done at least as good as the Sherminator in last year's draft!

Finally, I feel this is good, healthy debate. I'm hoping no one gets overly emotional over my comments. It's my opinion afterall and I welcome your comments. However, let's not be loyal to a fault on this one.

Also, I'm not so sure we shouldn't draft offensive line in the first round. Afterall, what are the odds that we will be able to draft a dominant d lineman, safety and corner all in the same year?
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hauschild, I agree with you for the most part. I think we should try to grab either Elton Brown in the first or David Baas in the second. We need guards. I just cannot agree with our wide recievers being bad, because we have one of the more dominant groups.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rush is WRONG in blaming TT for Wahle being gone. Sherman botched the contract when we signed Wahle longterm. TT had no choice but to let him go. Hauschild ....you got issues dude. How you can say the Packers WR's aren't that good is beyond me. Don't feed me the "they were going against bad Defenses" arguement because then every other team in the NFC should have had big numbers too, and that just didn't happen. You...have no clue. Did Min have 2 guys over 1000 yards?? NOPE, and they got to go against GB's defense !!!!! Phillys 2nd leading receiver was their RB, Washignton didn't even have 2 guys over 700 yards, Chicago didn't have 2 over 500, Dallas had 2 over 900...but one was their TE. Tell me, whose tandem was better than GB's??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: