Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RedandGolds 1st PostCombine Mock 3/2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you rate this draft?
A
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
C
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
D
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

RedandGold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: RedandGolds 1st PostCombine Mock 3/2 Reply with quote

Dont take this mock too seriously because FA and cuts have just begun. Im sure this mock will change a few more times before its all said and done.

Things are getting really messed up with potential trades and releases but I'll to the best I can. Sometimes I go by rumors or just a gut feeling but if ya dont like a pick please let me know why.

Houston trades 2006 1st round (1) for Jets 2006 round 1(4) 2006 round 2 (36) and a 2007 round 1

ROUND 1

1. New York Jets via Houston Texans Team Needs OL RB DE QB DT
Reggie Bush RB USC
The Jets really need to prepare for life after Martin and Bush is the most exciting player in the draft. At the moment it looks like they will work out a deal with Pennington which will make Bush their logical choice.

2. New Orleans Saints Team Needs QB LB DT TE
Matt Leinart QB USC
This pick has been speculated since they benched Aaron Brooks before the season ended. Painful to watch the remaining Saints games with their backups and it became obvious they neede a franchise QB.

3. Tennessee Titans Team Needs QB OT OLB S
Vince Young QB Texas
Yes yes he got a 6 the 1st time he took his test but then got a 16 not great but McNabb and Culpepper did about the same. Not likely to drop him that much unless he has an awful Pro Day. No one can deny Young has talent.

4. Houston Texans via New York Jets Team Needs OT C S WR TE
Mario Williams DE North Carolina State
Well guys I try and stay on top of all the rumors and the current rumor is that the Texans fell in love with Williams at the combine. OT is a bigger need but they can address that a little later on.

5. Green Bay Packers Team Needs DT DE RB LB G
LenDale White RB USC
Yep I'm sticking to my guns on this and I still believe that Green Bay will take White right here. Hawk would also be a possibility but Green is likely gone and Gado isnt a franchise back.

6. San Francisco 49ers Team Needs CB RB DE WR
Vernon Davis TE Maryland
After turning it on at the combine he proved he is a legitimate top 10 pick. Running the fastest time of any TE ever to participate (4.38) and looking excellent in all his drills, he is the safety valve that any young QB would love to have. Hawk is also a possibility at this point.

7. Oakland Raiders Team Needs DT LB DE CB S
Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
Very possible they release Collins with his high cap number. If thats the case this pick becomes a no brainer. There arent many potential franchise QBs in this years draft so they take the best on the board.

8. Buffalo Bills Team Needs DT OT CB S
Haloti Ngata DT Oregon
This is getting really hard to mock I see so many great players on the board and the Bills having their top 2 positions open. If it played out this way it would be between Ngata and Ferguson. No way to go wrong with either pick but this year is deeper at OT so I give em the top DT here.

9. Detroit Lions Team Needs DB OG OT ILB
A.J. Hawk OLB Ohio State
Huff could definately be the choice here but if Hawk actually fell this far how could you possibly pass on him?

10. Arizona Cardinals Team Needs OT G C DT QB LB S
D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia
No he didnt do anything wrong to fall this far but seems like since the combine alot of players are on the move. I give D'Brick here over Huff because usually safeties are easier to come by then franchise LT. This pick allows Davis to move back inside where hes comfortable (besdies he was a bust at tackle) and really work on the run game which has hurt them for so long....If Ferguson was gone Id go with Huff.

11. St. Louis Rams Team Needs CB LB DE DT
Michael Huff CB/S Texas
Huff is a top playmaker for any teams secondary and the Rams need just that. Look for the Rams to address defense often in this years draft.

12. Cleveland Browns Team Needs NT OT DE CB
Manny Lawson OLB/DE North Carolina State
As I predicted Lawson really shined at the combine by running a 4.43 which is simply outstanding for OLB which is where Romeo will put him. He is gonna be a beast in the pros.

13. Baltimore Ravens Team Needs RB CB OT LB C
DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis
If the Ravens can't address this position in FA its going to be the 1st round pick. Its a simple fact of life that you cant have a run 1st team without a top RB.

14. Philadelphia Eagles Team Needs OLB DE WR TE QB
Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
Ok Eagles fans this was a really tough call. I had Greenway here in other mocks I've made but after the combine I had no choice but to drop him some. No other OLB worth the pick and Davis is gone. Though about Hali here but most of the Eagles fans seem against a DE early so help me out and let me know if ya like it or hate it and who you'd rather have.

15. Atlanta Falcons Team Needs S CB RB DE
Jimmy Williams CB/S Virginia Tech
Williams is big and fast... He is as aggressive as a SS and can cover like a CB. He has experience at both positions and will be an immediate asset. My guess is they will use him as a CB and take a safety in round 2.

16. Miami Dolphins Team Needs QB OLB LT CB
Jon Scott OT Texas
The Fins have needed an upgrade at OT for a long time and with Cutler off the board hes the next biggest need. Rumor has it they are going to try and acquire Brees this offseason... Had Ricky Williams not failed his drug test he would have been trade bait to move Miami up into a position to get Cutler.

17. Minnesota Vikings Team Needs OLB SS RB OL
Laurance Maroney RB Minnesota
There is talk they may go after Edge and if so they can use this pick on anyone else or even drop down a good deal. The are well under the cap so they have a ton of options for any RB on the market. If they dont take a RB in FA Maroney is the pick.

18. Dallas Cowboys Team Needs OT WR OLB S
Marcus McNeill OT Auburn
McNeill can start from day one play one and make the line much better. All you Boyz fans remember how bad the line looked at the end of last season?

19. San Diego Chargers Team Needs WR OT S CB
Ko Simpson FS South Carolina
After investing alot of high round picks and still getting burned in their secondary they take a true ballhawk to help make things right.

20. Kansas City Chiefs Team Needs CB DE OT WR
Antonio Cromartie CB Flordia State
On this bloody Thursday the Chiefs have reportedly cut 2 of their corners from the roster already making CB a higher need on their list.. Comartie seemed to be over the ACL at the combine by running a 4.38. Hes big fast and has skills...I wont be surprised to see him go much higher.

21. New England Patriots Team Needs ILB OLB S RB
D'Qwell Jackson ILB Maryland
Alot of good defensive help on the board but I think they work from the inside out.

22. Denver Broncos Team Needs S DT OT WR
Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College
After cutting Pryce they have to replace him at DE and have their choice of Kiwi or Hali. Either way they are gonna continue to put heat on opposing QBs.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Needs OT DE OLB CB
DeMarco Ryans OLB Alabama
Made soem excellent moves on defense the past year or 2 and look to continue that trend. Their O Line held better then anyone thought possible so thy can afford to make this pick.

24. Cincinnati Bengals Team Needs SS DE DT OG TE
Tamba Hali DE Penn State
Bing is certainly a possibility here but I'm told Hali really made a great impression on many teams both on and off the field.

25. New York Giants Team needs OLB LT CB DT
Chad Greenway OLB Iowa
The combine really cost Greenway and hes gonna need a good Pro Day to stay here. He didnt test well but you cant deny his nonstop hussle in college. He plays with great instincts and will make plays sideline to sideline.

26. Chicago Bears Team Needs TE OLB WR OL CB
Leonard Pope TE Georgia
A jumbo sized TE is just the thing needed for a team like the Bears. Thye had a top rated defense but need alot more weapons on offense. Perfect pick since they havent had a top TE in many years.

27. Carolina Panthers Team Needs WR TE RB OLB
Mercedes Lewis TE UCLA
Jake gets some help as they retune their offense. Another move or 2 and the Panthers are gonna be serious contenders not just for next season but for the next few seasons.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars Team Needs TE CB RB LB OG DE
Tye Hill CB Clemson
Hill is probably the most polished CB in the draft only real knock against him is hes a little smaller then most teams would like... Make no mistake he can cover witht he best of em and will be an immediate starter on the Jags defense.

29. Denver Broncos Team Needs S DT OT WR
Darnell Bing SS USC
Bing has a ton of potential at safety already, but how much better can he be after being mentored a year by Lynch....lets jsut say potential Pro Bowler.

30. Indianapolis Colts Team Needs RB LB OL DT
Broderick Bunkley DT Flordia State
We all know Dungy is a master at defense so they have the choice of either a top DT or a reach at RB. Bunkley did 44 reps which is extremely impressive. Now take that and let him collapse the pocket from the inside while Freeney Closes in from the outside.

31.Seattle Seahawks Team Needs WR OG DB
Max Jean-Gilles OG Georgia
Gray is 35 and Hutchinson wants big $$$ making this a need pick here. Look what happened to Green Bay when they let their gaurds get away last year. If Alexander wants to repeat hes gonna need a little help from his line.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers Team Needs WR C OLB FS
Ernie Sims OLB Flordia State
Big Ben will probably make a plea to get Nance here but the better choice at this point is Sims.

Round 2

33. Houston Texans
Eric Winston OT Miami
Winston looked good at the combine and ran well too. If not for the injury last year he would have been a top 10 pick and could be a steal here.

34. New Orleans Saints
Abdul Hodge ILB Iowa
Saints LB corps is pathetic and has needed an overhaul for a few years now. Well the rebuilding begins here.

35. Tennessee Titans
Bobby Carpenter OLB Ohio State
The Titans are in rebuilding mode but from the look of these things Fisher will have the team in competitive shape sooner rather then later.

36. Houston Texans via New York Jets
Chad Jackson WR Flordia
Another weapon for Carr has been needed for sometime nowand they get a good one in Jackson.

37. Green Bay Packers
Gabe Watson DT Michign
Packers will look to defense for pretty much the rest of this years draft and look to shore up their run defense. Watson is a top talent when motivated. With the right coaching he will be a force on the field.

38. San Francisco 49ers
Ashton Youboty CB Ohio State
The 9ers were dead last vs the pass last season and have to change a few things if they dont want to hold that title this year.

39. Oakland Raiders
Rod Wright DT Texas
No secret that they need some fresh blood at DT.. Sapp doesnt have long left and Wahington just got cut.

40. Buffalo Bills
Winston Justice OT USC
With their 1st 2 picks they filled their 2 biggest needs and thats all you can ask. Justice can protect Losmans blindside and give him some time.

41. Detroit Lions
Kai Parham ILB Virginia
The Lions could use some help at OG but that can wait a round as Parham is too good to pass up here.

42. Arizona Cardinals
Donte Whitner FS Ohio State
This is the final piece of an up and coming secondary. Arizona has drafted strong the past couple seasons and they wil continue the trend. If all goes well they will take a DT in round 3.

43. St. Louis Rams
Thomas Howard OLB UTEP
Rams look to upgrade a poor LB corps with Howard.

44. Cleveland Browns
Daryn College OT Boise State
Browns offense has been getting better and if Edwards returns with Winslow, Frye is gonna have soem serious weapons, but he still will need someoen to watch his back.

45. Baltimore Ravens
Taitusi Lutui OG USC
So ya say the interior of your line is a mess.. So ya need someone who can open a hole or 2? look no further because Lutui can do just that. A huge gaurd that has a ton of potential and will open holes for whoever has the ball.

46. Philadelphia Eagles
Spencer Havner OLB UCLA
OLB is an area that the Eagles wont mind making an upgrade in.

47. Atlanta Falcons
Greg Blue SS Georgia
Blue is a very hard hitting safety that wont mind doing some run support. Everythign is falling into place for the Falcons.

48. Miami Dolphins
Kelly Jennings CB Miami
The Fins really missed Surtain last year and are a little thin when it comes to quality CBs. Will look at LBs also.

49. Minnesota Vikings
A.J.Nicholson OLB Flordia State
Yes he has character issues but come on lets be honest there arent many Vikes that havent been arrested so hes gonna fit right in.

50. Dallas Cowboys
Derek Hagan WR ASU
Hagan has slipped after the Senior Bowl but looked ok at the combine. The Dalls receiving corps looked ok last year but cap casualities and age are going to make WR a priority.

51. San Diego Chargers
Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston College
Although the Chargers line played better then most expected last year they can easily upgrade teh tackle position. LT cant do it alone.

52. Kansas City Chiefs
Martin Nance WR University of Miami (Ohio)
The Chiefs have alot of small receivers which is why they need a guy like Nance. He has size speed and a nose for the endzone. Looks like hes recovered from injury and ready to start his pro career.

53. New England Patriots
Demario Minter CB Georgia
An aging secondary has needed to get younger for years and witht he release of Starks it makes sense to go CB here.

54. Washington Redskins
Ray Edwards DE Purdue
Edwards gets the nod here because he has the size to play end (unlike Tapp or Wimbley) and the Skins get their man.

55. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jonathon Joseph CB South Carolina
The Bucks defense has gotten younger in a hurry over the past couple seasons and this year is no exception. If a top OT is still on the board they wont hesitate but for the moment they go CB.

56. Cincinnati Bengals
Claude Wroten DT LSU
Wroten falls this far only on the basis of OTF issues. Lewis is a motivator and can motivate Wroten.

57. New York Giants
Cedric Griffin CB Texas
Looks like they will lose Allen to FA and will need to bring in another CB. Griffin has gotten better each season but could use a little more experience.

58. Chicago Bears
Charles Gordon CB Kansas
CB becomes a need since it looks like Azumah wont return. Defense could use an OLB but right now CB is the bigger need.

59. Carolina Panthers
Maurice Stovall WR Notre Dame
After impressing at the combine I think he would pair nicely with Steve Smith. After a season with Weis he has really stepped his game up.

60. Jacksonville Jaguars
Joseph Addai RB LSU
Fred Taylor seems injured half the time and they have to have a run threat.

61. Denver Broncos
Ryan O'Callaghan OG California
If there was a WR worth taking they would easily but instead they fix their interior OL.

62. Indianapolis Colts
DonTrell Moore RB New Mexico
Moore has really been moving up draft charts as of late and goes to the Colts....Do I need to explain why?

63.Seattle Seahawks
Sinorice Moss WR Miami
The 'Hawks are a pretty complete team but wouldnt mind some extra firepower.

64. Pittsburgh Steelers
Nick Mangold OC Ohio State
Steelers were right to pass on center int he 1st round...after all centers dont usually go too high and there are 3 very good ones in this years draft. They wait a round and still get their guy.

Last edited by RedandGold on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
npro0609

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock and just a little FYI DE is also a major Jags need and OG and C for the Jets

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

47. Atlanta Falcons
Greg Blue SS Georgia
Blue is a very hard hitting safety that wont mind doing some run support. Everythign is falling into place for the Falcons.

Blue doesn't fit our scheme. he ran a 4.7 at the combine makign him a linebacker and we don;t need a linebacker. horrible pick that will never happen. we would get John Joseph here.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
NVasher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Gordon CB Kansas

He just ran a 4.6 @ combine.. Hell no. We would take Sinorice Moss in the 2nd if he's there.

Can't nobody touch me right now. Maybe next month all of this will be over. But this month I'm takin' every movin' target out. ~tupac
RedandGold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVASHER

Does it bother you that Moss is only 5'8" 180?
RedandGold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams is going to be a CB as is Joesph...2 Corners seems overkill would you consider a different safety in the 2nd?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedandGold wrote:
Williams is going to be a CB as is Joesph...2 Corners seems overkill would you consider a different safety in the 2nd?
if not Joseph than guve us Bullocks. because I just see Jimmy as the kidn of guy who will be either a CB or S depending on who is slected after him.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16. Miami Dolphins Team Needs QB OLB LT CB
Jon Scott OT Texas
The Fins have needed an upgrade at OT for a long time and with Cutler off the board hes the next biggest need. Rumor has it they are going to try and acquire Brees this offseason... Had Ricky Williams not failed his drug test he would have been trade bait to move Miami up into a position to get Cutler.

we should be trading back if we get scott his value isnt near tothis high. He could be had near to the end of the 1st round
The Gmen10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing gmen draft!!
I think the texans fans with tar down the stadium and probley try to kill the front office if that happens

Razz
titan52490

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very strong rams mock... good job *thumbs up*
JIllg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work for the niners. The only thing that I would consider is changing the RB need that you put beside the first pick to OLB. That is one of our most glaring needs right now and you missed it. Otherwise, I'm good with the niners picks. I like Jason Allen, but Youboty would be ok if Rumph stayed at FS or we picked up another safety.
RedandGold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the input guys ill make another after awhile i threw this one together pretty quick but ill see if i can learn from it
socalsaints

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good picks for the Saints.
quagmire06

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok viking pick. Zygi is cleaning ship so i do not think we will take guys with character problems
LIEY8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK about hagan in the second. Probably go FS.

Life Goes On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: