Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers Mock Draft after Columbine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy007Madison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Packers Mock Draft after Columbine Reply with quote

Green Bay trades Darren Sharper and N. Davenport to the dolphins for Jason Taylor. Green bay will sign a offensive lineman in free agency and draft one in the draft.
J.T. O' Sullivan gets signed by the eagles and we get a 6th round pick for him. Green bay gives up their 1st round pick for the 2006 draft. Franks gets signed by the broncos. We trade cledius hunt to the seahawks for a 4th round pick.

Free Agency

Offensive Lineman
Freddie jones or Itula Mili-TE
Sammy Knight-S

1. Channing Crowdher-LB-Florida: Green bay needs to draft playmakers for their defense and Crowdher would lift their linebacking corps into an athletic playmaking force. Even though he has character issues he makes up for it withhis play and should fit well into jim bate's defense.

1. David Baas-G-Michigan: They draft a guard with their second 1st round pick who will keep green bay's offensive line one of the best. He's an awesome player who is smart and plays with a nasty streak and should keep the defense off of favre.

2. Alex Smith-TE-Stanford: Everybody knows that jones or mili cant do it alone so they draft smith who should form a good combo and be more than an adequate replacement for franks. Has the speed and hands to stretch the defense and then jones/mili can work the middle.

2. Donte Nicholson-S-Oklahoma: Another piece added to the packers defensive puzzle. He can line up in coverage and can come up and support the run. Is an aggressive playmaker who likes to put the hit on people.

3. Corey Webster-CB-LSU: Green bay adds a playmaker who falls due to other corners rising and his play fell off. If webster can regain his play from a junior he will be a steal. He's steal a great pick who plays aggressive in man to man coverage and is a playmaker. Something you must be in jim bates defense. Carrol can move to nickle along with thomas.

4. Kyle Orton-QB-Purdue: Favre's heir who's stock falls since he didnt have a very good second half of a season. He has all the tools to be a franchise QB. He managed to throw for over 3000 yards and 31 tds with 5 picks. In a year he should learn enough from favre that he should be able to take his game to the next level and lead the offense next year. Needs to work on center snaps and speeding up his delivery but he has a cannon for an arm and knows how to read a defense. He's also a team leader who people respect. And he's one tough son of a gun.

4. Josh Bullocks-S-Nebraska: Bullocks doesnt have to start right away but he's clearly the future since knight probably will be a 1year stop gap starter or half a season until bullocks is ready. Will form a duo with nicholson and should solidfy the secondary for years to come.

5. Paris Warren-WR-UTAH: Adds depth and should replace driver in the next couple years.

6. Maurice Clarett-RB-OHIO State: Even though he has character issues Clarett has talent and a 40 yard time isnt everything and should be a good backup for green. Could also draft Anthony Davis.

6. Taylor Stubbifield-WR-Purdue: We need more weapns and stubbifield can be a good 4th or 5th wide receiver.

7. Punter: Dusty Colquitt-P-Tennesse: Add competition to sanders
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't draft a punter or Clarrett. We also won't draft Crowder if we traded our first rounder next year. If we did that, we would move up and take a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i really like that trade! actaully I love it Taylor is a top 5 DE in the NFL what a boost for our D! What is the actual reality of the trade though? Is it something that both teams have talked about? I would rather see us send Ahman, Darren, and one of our Seconds for Taylor and Miami's !st rnd pick. As for the draft I would say that a free agent punter might be more realistic and look for the Pack to take a late rnd reciever. I don't think Crowder would be the choice he's not a Green Bay "player" somebody more like kirk morrison in the 2nd round will be a stud. I'd say if my revised trade works Take Bass or Elton Brown at 24 and take Derrick Johnson at #2 that would be an awesome defense. WE could patch everything else up with a 3rd safety and a FA safety. That defense would be great too watch. I hope Ted Thompson has his wheels spinning the same way we do! Great post we need more creative posts like this. GO PACK GO..............by the way when will the Queen learn that no matter who they bring in their always going to be worse than the Packers ....bottom line!
bonack42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i really like that trade! actaully I love it Taylor is a top 5 DE in the NFL what a boost for our D! What is the actual reality of the trade though? Is it something that both teams have talked about? I would rather see us send Ahman, Darren, and one of our Seconds for Taylor and Miami's !st rnd pick. As for the draft I would say that a free agent punter might be more realistic and look for the Pack to take a late rnd reciever. I don't think Crowder would be the choice he's not a Green Bay "player" somebody more like kirk morrison in the 2nd round will be a stud. I'd say if my revised trade works Take Bass or Elton Brown at 24 and take Derrick Johnson at #2 that would be an awesome defense. WE could patch everything else up with a 3rd safety and a FA safety. That defense would be great too watch. I hope Ted Thompson has his wheels spinning the same way we do! Great post we need more creative posts like this. GO PACK GO..............by the way when will the Queens learn that no matter who they bring in their always going to be worse than the Packers ....bottom line!
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami would NEVER do that trade. Plus, I don't think we have the cap room to make that work.

Also, you need to clarify what you mean with that first round trade...who are we trading with and what exactly we give up. Giving up next year's #1 isn't enough to get a #1 this year. We would probably have to give up our second #2 this year in the deal too.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually TTT we could get J.Taylor if we trade Ahman Green for him we could actually sign him.
MultiSync

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crowder is overrated..not worth a 1 round pick...IMO
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree I think Crowder is a great LB with size and speed if we get him I will be hyped.

~kinetic~
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is young, though. I can see the talent, but he has only played one full season of college ball. Mid second rounder, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way to much of a gamble we need a more sound player like say shaun cody!
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like that pick, either, because he is more of a d-tackle. We need a bigtime d-end, not d-tackle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: