Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scary, creepy stories thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eksynyt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Scary, creepy stories thread Reply with quote

I looked and did not see a thread on personal or other people's scary or creepy stories, figured I would start one up since I am feeling like hearing what the rest of you folks have had happen to you or others that will make me go nuts thinking about it, even if it's just a story about you being alone in the woods for a while and being paranoid...but preferably have some sort of paranormal edge to it. I'm talking real or actual accounts of stuff, not fictitious.

A few years ago me and a buddy were driving through eastern Oregon on a road in the middle of nowhere. For those that don't know, eastern Oregon is essentially a barren desert that is part of the great basin. We were driving back to where we lived and were taking a shortcut on a "back road." It must have been 45 minutes or so since we had been through a town and we had not passed a single car in that 45 minute span and seen no civilization at all. I was riding shotgun and I reached down to get a drink and when I looked up I saw maybe the most frightening person walking on the side of the road dressed in a black robe with a hood and when I tried to see the person's face it was like staring into some infinite void, he had strange bells and clamoring things attached to his body (I'm assuming it was a he) and had a staff that resembled the grim reaper's staff with a blade on the end and he was walking a pretty brisk pace. My buddy was basically dumbfounded and we drove slowly by. The person never seemed to look our way and we kept going for a minute or so. Then my friend and I looked at each other and agreed that we need to turn around and see that again so he made a u-turn and drove the other way for what seemed like forever and to our astoundment, the person was nowhere to be found in any direction (you could see for miles) and he had simply vanished off the face of the earth. We had no explanation, the guy was just gone and we hadn't seen any cars that could have picked him up. The weirdest thing was trying to look at the guy's face. When I tried to it genuinely felt like staring into some type of vortex and caused a sensation that I literally cannot explain. I can only say that it felt like I was being pulled toward it. Undoubtedly the strangest story I have ever had.

What about you guys?

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, but I thought of this when I saw this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNaHQZrZ90

I was about 12-13, and my parents went out for for a little at night. I was talking to a friend on the phone, and I heard this other voice on the line. I couldn't make out exactly what it said, but is scared me, bad. It sounded a lot like Freddy Kruger, but not exactly. I thought it was at my friend's house, but he was home alone too, and he didn't hear it. I ran out, and went down the street a couple houses to another friend's house. His grandpa came over, with the gun, and we walked through the house. Nothing, and nobody there.

It didn't help that there's 5 miles of nothing behind my parents house. It's always dark in the area too. I sat there with all of the lights on, my baseball bat, and the biggest knife I could find in the kitchen until my parents got home. I know I heard something, and it was on the line. Now that I work in telecom, I know how many different possibilities could explain it, but it was too real to be most of them.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
PackerFanDan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Scary, creepy stories thread Reply with quote

Eksynyt wrote:
I looked and did not see a thread on personal or other people's scary or creepy stories, figured I would start one up since I am feeling like hearing what the rest of you folks have had happen to you or others that will make me go nuts thinking about it, even if it's just a story about you being alone in the woods for a while and being paranoid...but preferably have some sort of paranormal edge to it. I'm talking real or actual accounts of stuff, not fictitious.

A few years ago me and a buddy were driving through eastern Oregon on a road in the middle of nowhere. For those that don't know, eastern Oregon is essentially a barren desert that is part of the great basin. We were driving back to where we lived and were taking a shortcut on a "back road." It must have been 45 minutes or so since we had been through a town and we had not passed a single car in that 45 minute span and seen no civilization at all. I was riding shotgun and I reached down to get a drink and when I looked up I saw maybe the most frightening person walking on the side of the road dressed in a black robe with a hood and when I tried to see the person's face it was like staring into some infinite void, he had strange bells and clamoring things attached to his body (I'm assuming it was a he) and had a staff that resembled the grim reaper's staff with a blade on the end and he was walking a pretty brisk pace. My buddy was basically dumbfounded and we drove slowly by. The person never seemed to look our way and we kept going for a minute or so. Then my friend and I looked at each other and agreed that we need to turn around and see that again so he made a u-turn and drove the other way for what seemed like forever and to our astoundment, the person was nowhere to be found in any direction (you could see for miles) and he had simply vanished off the face of the earth. We had no explanation, the guy was just gone and we hadn't seen any cars that could have picked him up. The weirdest thing was trying to look at the guy's face. When I tried to it genuinely felt like staring into some type of vortex and caused a sensation that I literally cannot explain. I can only say that it felt like I was being pulled toward it. Undoubtedly the strangest story I have ever had.

What about you guys?

Holy mother of God that is messed up. Did a relative or friend of you or your friend die a little before or after you saw this guy? That would make this weird guy a sign or something just like when Hawks(or is it crows?) fly around in a circle in the sky that means somebody died.
PackerFanDan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say mine is when I was laying in bed as a kid about to fall asleep and I was on my side facing the window and I see this hooded figure walk across the window and stare into the room. The window was closed and the drapes were over the window but it was still creepy as hell. I slept the whole rest of the night under my covers and didn't face that side of my room while sleeping for probably over a year. We found out in the morning that it was a kid trying to break into our house because the top of our back door was pried open. But damn stuff like that is just so damn freaky.
A.J. Hawk Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
I don't know why, but I thought of this when I saw this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNaHQZrZ90
lmfao.

me too.

3-Peat Footballs Future Elite Baseball League Champion
InTressleWeTrst

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i was in eastern oregon one day, middle of nowhere. had my fav black hoodie on, and had my scythe with me as we were reaping some crops, and a car with two kids drove by reallly slow. i could feel them looking at me, but i just kept looking straight ahead, and tried to not pay them any attention.

a couple of moments pass, and i could see that they were turning around! thinking this couldn't be a good thing for me, i jumped down into a ditch, and crossed my fingers they didn't see me. they drove the way they just came for what seemed like forever, then turned around and continued on their way!

i got up, dusted myself off, and continued the walk home. no doubt they were coming back for me though! scary stuff

mistakebytehlak wrote:

no one will break the bonds of ITWT and I's e-love.
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InTressleWeTrst wrote:
so i was in eastern oregon one day, middle of nowhere. had my fav black hoodie on, and had my scythe with me as we were reaping some crops, and a car with two kids drove by reallly slow. i could feel them looking at me, but i just kept looking straight ahead, and tried to not pay them any attention.

a couple of moments pass, and i could see that they were turning around! thinking this couldn't be a good thing for me, i jumped down into a ditch, and crossed my fingers they didn't see me. they drove the way they just came for what seemed like forever, then turned around and continued on their way!

i got up, dusted myself off, and continued the walk home. no doubt they were coming back for me though! scary stuff

Props to Eggy
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon Czolgosz, assassin of William McKinley, the 25th President of the United States, was electrocuted for his crime on October 29, 1901, at Auburn Prison in Auburn, New York. Among the personal effects found in his cell was a U.S. quarter stamped with the date 2218. The face in profile on said quarter was not George Washington, but rather a face which has yet to be identified.

CreepyPasta for the win...

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
Willink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Leon Czolgosz, assassin of William McKinley, the 25th President of the United States, was electrocuted for his crime on October 29, 1901, at Auburn Prison in Auburn, New York. Among the personal effects found in his cell was a U.S. quarter stamped with the date 2218. The face in profile on said quarter was not George Washington, but rather a face which has yet to be identified.

CreepyPasta for the win...

Of course they wouldn't recognize it, the Washington quarter didn't go into circulation till the 1930's.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
ASM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this story isn't about me, but it's about someone I know....so I'll tell it anyways.

This was back in the '70's. I'll call him "Bob." Well Bob had kind of a rocky relationship with his parents so he was in and out of the house all of the time. Well once when he was about 18 years old, he got kicked out again, so he decided to hitchhike on I-80 in Illinois to try and get to a friend's house.

He tried to get a ride for a while and finally he saw a car dart across two lanes of traffic to pick him up. He got in the car thinking nothing of it. The man was a bigger guy, friendly right off the bat. They begin to drive down the highway making small talk. As Bob is looking out the window, the driver reaches over and begins to rub Bob's leg.

Bob freaks out and begins punching the driver until he stops the car. The car screeches to a halt and Bob jumps out. The car then takes off down the road. A couple of months pass by and Bob is finally back at home. He flicks on the TV and sees the police have Bob's "hitchhike ride" driver in custody.......John Wayne Gacy.

Bob never hitchhikes again.....

2009-2010 Chicago Bears Forum Pick-em Champion

"I don't hold grudges, but I've got a good memory." -Mike Ditka
Willink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been a fan of the story of Silverpilen, the mysterious subway train in Stockholm.

Essentially, it was a single train of a particular model built in the 1960's; it was used as a backup train for the Stockholm metro, and could be told apart given the entire train fleet was painted green whereas this particular one off was unpainted. The train itself was hardly ever seen, and the inside was mostly bare and devoid of any vandalism or damage.

From what I gather the train was used as a backup till the mid 1990's, when it was removed from service, but the stories date to the mid 80's. A few of the things I've heard:

-That the trains wheels into underground stations late a night with all of its lights off, and no sign of anyone on board, before launching itself off through the various tunnels of the metro.

-The train is often heard and sometimes seen by construction workers repairing the tunnels flying around tunnels that have been closed for over a decade.

-That very early in the morning the train runs through almost empty stations at full speed.

-That the train stops in the very early morning and actually picks up passengers, only to note that the interior is largely empty save for seating and filled with people who do not acknowledge your presence and wear period dress; it is thought that people get on the train and experience some sort of vortex whereas they are on the train for a short amount of time but months and years pass.

There is also an unfinished station outside of Stockholm in a largely rural area originally constructed in anticipation of a large construction project in the area; once said project evaporated the station was left unfinished, the local myth about the station is that it is where the dead depart and where the train supposedly stops before replaying itself as some sort of residual haunting where the train loops the same path for eternity.

Not that I really believe any of it, but still interesting nonetheless.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Integrity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I returned home from the Marine Corps, I was living at my parents' house and working at a bar in the next town over. I was driving home one night after work, and I fell asleep behind the wheel minutes from my house. As I started to nod off, I saw a pedestrian walk out in front of my car. She was an elderly lady and she was pushing a baby carriage. She looked up at me when my headlights hit her and we made eye contact. I slammed on the brakes. I breaked so hard that my rear end fished tailed. I came to a stop with my car half in my lane and half in the oncoming lane, but I never heard or felt a thump. I got out of my car to look for her, but there was no one there. There wasn't even any damage to my car. I strongly believe that whatever I saw, saved my life. The road that I was on crosses over a bridge about 200 yards from where I fell asleep. Its a small one lane bridge, with nothing but small brush on either side of it. There's really nothing there to keep someone from driving off the side and plummeting 50 feet down into the gully. I really shouldn't have been driving when I was so tired, but I was so close to home. Lucky for me, someone up there was looking out for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bad and re-telling stories so I'll probably butcher this one, but here goes.

I was probably about 7-8 and my family and I were staying in my Uncle's cabin in Colorado one winter. Me, my sister and my brother were outside doing something, cant remember what. So brother points out this figure which was at least a few miles up this hill overlooking everything. We couldn't really make out what is was so we didn't pay much attention to it. Well five minutes later, my brother tells us to look, and sure enough there was the figure no more than a block or two's length away. It looked like an older women in a ragged old dress with a bonnet with her head down. Scary part was she was sort of "gliding" and not walking. She just kinda floated on past, she was no more than about 50 feet away. We all ran inside and we seriously freaked out for awhile. Kinda hard to believe I know, but I'm getting chills like no other just thinking about it now.

An added bonus, as I'm typing this I'm in my dad's house, which I'm fairly certain is haunted. But I'll wait until I leave to say anything about that. Laughing
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
After I returned home from the Marine Corps, I was living at my parents' house and working at a bar in the next town over. I was driving home one night after work, and I fell asleep behind the wheel minutes from my house. As I started to nod off, I saw a pedestrian walk out in front of my car. She was an elderly lady and she was pushing a baby carriage. She looked up at me when my headlights hit her and we made eye contact. I slammed on the brakes. I breaked so hard that my rear end fished tailed. I came to a stop with my car half in my lane and half in the oncoming lane, but I never heard or felt a thump. I got out of my car to look for her, but there was no one there. There wasn't even any damage to my car. I strongly believe that whatever I saw, saved my life. The road that I was on crosses over a bridge about 200 yards from where I fell asleep. Its a small one lane bridge, with nothing but small brush on either side of it. There's really nothing there to keep someone from driving off the side and plummeting 50 feet down into the gully. I really shouldn't have been driving when I was so tired, but I was so close to home. Lucky for me, someone up there was looking out for me.

Hmm...seems like some sort of hallucination, I guess if you're really tired it makes natural hallucinations more likely.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASM wrote:
Well this story isn't about me, but it's about someone I know....so I'll tell it anyways.

This was back in the '70's. I'll call him "Bob." Well Bob had kind of a rocky relationship with his parents so he was in and out of the house all of the time. Well once when he was about 18 years old, he got kicked out again, so he decided to hitchhike on I-80 in Illinois to try and get to a friend's house.

He tried to get a ride for a while and finally he saw a car dart across two lanes of traffic to pick him up. He got in the car thinking nothing of it. The man was a bigger guy, friendly right off the bat. They begin to drive down the highway making small talk. As Bob is looking out the window, the driver reaches over and begins to rub Bob's leg.

Bob freaks out and begins punching the driver until he stops the car. The car screeches to a halt and Bob jumps out. The car then takes off down the road. A couple of months pass by and Bob is finally back at home. He flicks on the TV and sees the police have Bob's "hitchhike ride" driver in custody.......John Wayne Gacy.

Bob never hitchhikes again.....

If this is true, this wins. Very lucky. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: