Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JT9900's Newest Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What grade would you give this mock?
A
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
B
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

JT9900

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: JT9900's Newest Mock Reply with quote

Alright guys, here's my latest mock. I'm going based off what im hearing from experts around the league early on. However, picks are subject to change if I get enough feedback. Here it is....

1. Hou- Reggie Bush RB USC
This has been the pick all along, no reason to change it now.
2. NO- D'Brickshaw Ferguson OT VA
After hearing some of the saints fans feedback, ive decided to change the pick. I agree Brick makes a lot more sense. He'll team up w/ Brown to form an excellent O line for a long time.
3. Ten- Vince Young QB TEX
I have heard that as of right now the Titans are leaning toward Young. I think picking him would be a good decision. He's shown how he can take over a game, and i think he has the potential to develop into a superstar, whereas Leinart, IMO, will only be a decent qb in the league.
4. NYJ- Matt Leinart QB USC
If Leinart is still on the board, I really hope the jets take him. (by the way i am a dolphins fan) It seems the jets would like to land Leinart. He is going to be a similar quarterback to chad pennington.
5. GB- Mario Williams DE NCST
Mario WIlliams is the best defensive player in the draft. GreenBay could use another good pash rusher. IT's a great match. Williams has a chance to be a pro-bowl type player year in and year out. This would be the best pick for the pack.
6. SF- Vernon Davis TE MD
I think this is a no-brainer here. Davis may be one of the best TE prospects ever, and i think he could have an Antonio Gates/Tony Gonzalez effect right away. Aj Hawk will be considered here, but LB's rarely go this high, plus it is a deep position in this yhears draft. Davis will be an excellent target for Alex Smith for years to come.
7. Oak- Jay Cutler QB VANDY
You know Al Davis wants a franchise quarterback. Cutler will come into a great situation in Oakland. Aaron brooks will start infront of him for a year or two, and then he will inherit that offense with all those weapons. He's got a rocket arm, and could end up being the most successful pro qb out of "the big 3".
8. Buf- Broderick Bunkley DT FSU
IMO, Bunkley is goign to be a stud tackle in the pros. He's big but its all muscle. Hes one of the strongest players ive ever seen. He went crazy this year for FSU. THe bills badly need a DT, and he is the best one out there. Easy pick.
9. Det- AJ Hawk LB OSU
If Hawk is still there, to me, this would be an obvious pick. But, knowing Millen, he'd probably go after someone like Huff. Hawk is the safest pick in the draft and will be a tackling machine for years to come. He would be a great anchor for Detroit's defense.
10. Ari- Michael Huff DB TEX
Arizona needs help in the secondary, and Huff is the best DB in the draft. With none of the 3 qbs left, it should be an easy pick for denny green. I think huff can stabilize their secondary and make them a legit playoff contender if they get some O line help.
11. StL- Ernie Sims LB FSU
Sims really excites me. I think he is going to be one of the leading candidates for DROY. That being said, he would fit well in STL. They have signed some big name free agents that havent really performed. If the draft sims, he could team w/ that Pisamoah guy (I probably butchered his name) to make a great young LB core.
12. Cle- Haloti Ngata DT ORE
Ngata's stock seemed to drop. I dont know why, but i dont think that will matter to romeo crennel. THey are going to be ecstatic and turn in a card with his name immediately. He'll fit right in to their defensive scheme.
13. Bal- Winston Justice OT USC
Im convinced that if Baltimore gets some O line help, theyll seriously contend for a playoff spot. Ogden only has a few years left, and if he teamed up with Justice they could reeally be succesful. They could consider a DB here, but ultimately, i think this is the right pick.
14. Phi- Chad Greenway LB IOWA
Philly fans dont want a WR or a DE, so this is the best i can do. He had a poor performance at the combine but i think he will still be a good pro linebacker. NOt a pro-bowl performer, but a solid, 80+ tackle guy.
15. Den- Santonio Holmes WR OSU
Denver needs a WR, and Holmes is the best one in the draft. THough some will argue that Jackson is the better receiver, I beleive Holmes is a better all around receiver that can take the short pass all hte way. He'll fit nicely in denver.
16. Mia- Chad Jackson WR FL
Miami will seriously consider a DB here. I think the pick will come down to either jackson or tye hill. However, I think with the selection of Jackson, it could really elevate miami's Offense to one of the leagues best. In the end, i think saban will find jackson to enticing to pass up.
17. Min- Jimmy Williams DB VT
So far, Fred Smoot has not played well. If he continues to play poorly, minnesota can plug williams in at corner to start opposite winfield. If smoot picks his game up, the vikings can move williams to safety and have one of the best secondaries in the league. In the end, Williams just makes the most sense.
18. Dal- Manny Lawson DE/OLB NCST
At 18, i think parcells is going to jump all over this guy. He is a freakish athlete that could team up w/ DeMarcus Ware and give Dallas an insane D. The two of them could be the cornerstones of a top D for years to come, and TUna will be loving it.
19. SD- Tye Hill CB CLEM
Hill is possibley the best cover corner in the draft. The chargers recently traded away former 1st round corner sammy davis for rashaun woods. I think that trade will work out great for them. that leaves DB as one of their biggest holes. With the selection of Hill, they have a great shot at winning the division.
20. KC- Jonathan Joseph CB SC
After all those additions last year, the CHiefs D still needs help. THey could really use a good corner to start opposite surtain. WHen they look at the board, Joseph is a speedy corner with a lot of potential. I think they take him hoping that he will become a shutdown corner and finally solidify their D.
21. NE- DeAngelo Williams RB MEM
Cory Dillon is getting old, and his performance is sliding. At 21, there aren't any truly outsanding LBs left. With holmes and jackson gone, i think NE will address their RB future. WIlliams will provide another dimension in their offense for years.
22. Den- Lawrence Maroney RB MIN
The broncos will probably be really upset seeing their man taken one slot in front of them. However, i think it is a blessing in disguise for denver. I honestly feel that other than Reggie Bush, Maroney is the best big-play runningback. THats exactly what shanahan wants. Maroney will be a clinton portis (denver version) type player. He's a steal this late.
23. TB- Antonio Cromartie CB FSU
THere arent really any offensive lineman left worth taking. McNeil couldve gone here, but his back problems are a concern. The bucs ar egoing to look at their team and see that their defense is getting old. Cromartie is an excellent young player who i think is going to be the best corner to come out of this draft. With that great D, they can afford to gamble on this guy, adn its going to pay off.
24. Cin- Donte Whitner S OSU
With no first round caliber DT's left, cincinnati will look to adress their secondary problems. They could use a corner, but none are worthy of this pick. INstead, i think they should go with the solid safety from columbus. Whitner will be a good player from day 1 and will occasionally make some big plays. He'll team up w/ Madieu Williams to form a really talnted young safety tandem.
25. NYG- Bobby Carpenter LB OSU
The Giants badly need linebackers, so they make it back to back buckeyes. Carpenter is a very solid linebacker who will fit in the giants D well. He'll make a lot of tackles and help shore up their LB core.
26. Chi- Leonard Pope TE GA
I cant get over this guys size. At 6'7'', hes a massive target. He'll come in handy in the redzone. THe bears could use another CB, but none are worthy of this pick. Pope will really help out their offnse.
27. Car- LenDale White RB USC
Carolina is a team without many holes. They Have Deshaun Foster at RB, but i think if they added White they would have a nice speed/power combo. The addition of white would really solidify their running attack. Initially i had the panthers taking demeco ryans but changed it after hearing some panthers feedback that made sense.
28. Jax- DeMeco Ryans LB ALA
Jacksonville has a very good defense. However, they lost LB AKin ayodle to Free agency. Ryans is a very intelligent player who i think is going to be a star in the league. People have questions about his size, but i think hell do just fine. At 28, he's a steal.
29. NYJ- Nick Mangold C OSU
They take the outsanding center here to replace Mawae. He will be a probowl center for years to come.
30. Ind- Thomas Howard LB UTEP
Indy's D has been getting better over the past few years. Speed has been the key to their D. THeyll continue that trend w/ the selection of HOward. He is a speedy LB who will help make their LB core a strong one. He may be a slight reach, but BIll polian will pulll the trigger on him.
31. Sea- Ashton Youboty CB OSU
Seattle filled their OLB needs w/ teh signing of Peterson. They also filled thier WR needs by signing burleson. With the departure of Andre Dyson, CB is their biggest hole. Youboty is a player who could sneak into the first. OSU corners have been successful in the past, so i think this is a good pick. He doesnt have to start right away, so he'll have a year or two to develop.
32. Pit- Jason Allen S TEN
After seeming fully recovered from his injury, Allen has returned to late 1st early 2nd round status. Pittsburgh lost Hope in the offseason, so they need a safety to team up w/ Troy Polamalu. Allen can come in and start right away, and is a very versatile player, as he might be able to play corner as well. Pittsburgh will get a good player in Allen.

There you have it, now time to tear it up. Let me know what you think about it. IF you dont like a pick, explain why and offer an alternative pick.

Last edited by JT9900 on Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: JT9900's Newest Mock Reply with quote

JT9900 wrote:
2. NO- Mario Williams DE NCST
Personally, I dont agree with this pick, but like I said, I'll go with what I'm hearing for now.

If you don't agree with it, why'd you make the pick?

Think for yourself.

The Saints have been rumored to take everyone and the latest one is Hawk at #2.

Think for yourself, Ferguson or Hawk make more sense at #2 for the Saints.
LIEY8

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY VERY nice Cowboys pick.

Life Goes On
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: JT9900's Newest Mock Reply with quote

JT9900 wrote:

19. SD- Tye Hill CB CLEM
Hill is possibley the best cover corner in the draft. The chargers recently traded away former 1st round corner sammy davis for rashaun woods. I think that trade will work out great for them. that leaves DB as one of their biggest holes. With the selection of Hill, they have a great shot at winning the division.

23. TB- Antonio Cromartie CB FSU
24. Cin- Donte Whitner S OSU
32. Pit- Jason Allen S TEN
Eric Winston

Yes DB is a big hole, but not because we traded Davis. Davis was our #4 corner last year, so his loss was not significant. Our team likes physical corners over small quick corners. So Cromartie would be the pick if we go CB. We also could use another Safety, and I like the versatility of both Whitner and Allen. We could also use a Left Tackle, so Eric Winston would be a great pick as well.
Rads3388

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: JT9900's Newest Mock Reply with quote

JT9900 wrote:
26. Chi- Leonard Pope TE GA
I cant get over this guys size. At 6'7'', hes a massive target. He'll come in handy in the redzone. THe bears could use another CB, but none are worthy of this pick. Pope will really help out their offnse.
Applause Bravo to you young chap. Excellent Bears pick and I love the explanation. Very nice mock. I shall give u an A-. Smile
woosah92

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the saints wont take Williams cause they've already spent 2 1st rounders on their DE's...Hawk (as u said) is the safest pick in the draft, he will be a hall of famer if u ask me, and he should go number 2 easily
FearTheJulius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinkin in that situation the Panthers would go with LenDale White, we've dined with him and we're the team that told him not to run at his pro-day. DeMeco Ryans fills a hole at LB, but he seems a little slower and undersized for what Fox would optimally like at that position. We're set at WLB with Thomas Davis and Keith Adams and at MLB with Dan Morgan and Chris Draft. The team seems to be really high on Adam Seward (5th round pick last season) and thinks he can start at SLB. DeMeco just doesn't seem like what the Panthers want to do at SLB and LenDale White is the power back that John Fox loves. If you have him (White) going two picks after us, it means you have him valued around our pick, so have him going to Carolina.

6-7, 283, 332 Tackles, 70.5 Sacks, 5 INTs, 35 PDs, 26 FFs, 8 Blocked FGs, 2 TDs, FearTheJulius
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the rams pick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the name ur thinking of is pisa tinoisomoa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good mock. I hate drafting in 14th, why couldn't we just lose one more stupid game this year, then we could probably have either Ngata or Bunkley w/o trading up!

"No player in Boston sports history has sent home this many people with electrifying moments of greatness." - Dan Shaunghnessy on David Ortiz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: