You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay Cutler question?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

06cardsbaby wrote:
i agreed with everything stchamp said. Who cares if cutler is not our type of qb because he would learn behind warner for atleast a year. Also people always bring up he did not have a good completion ratio in college so what he was on a horrible team and it would be a little different throwing to q and fitz and edge running the ball. Come on now lets be realistic we need a QB for the FUTURE and we don't need a spectacular qb to have success. How many teams have great qb's in the league. So in conclusion if culter or young is there at number 10 we better take one.

Now don't jump the gun on what I posted. If Huff, Davis or Justice are there at 10 it's one of them in a heartbeat but if they're gone and Sims still seems like a bit of a reach, why not take Cutler??? Our biggest problem is a backup QB, if Warner goes down we're done. Cutler could come in and start if we wanted him to and be a rock at QB for years to come and like you said, a blind man could complete passes to Q and Fitz. If McCown can, anyone can!

I'd rather forfeit all our picks than select Vince Young. We might not be ready to play in 2008 much les this year.
gdogger76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool ......and the cutler hate tide begins to change. IMO, there would be no drop in performance from McCown (did ok in spot duty last year) going to Cutler. Imagine what he would look like after 3 years of Warner school. Warner has shown he is capable of mentoring young QBs (Bulger and Manning). Further, I don't know how much T. Green learned from either. Not a bad list of proteges. Cutler will be fine in our system. You all have to admit that he would have a lot more talent around in AZ. Imagine the Dansby/Cutler reunion (see sig)
"the Cardinals need to get younger in their defensive front seven while improving their outside pass rush...they do not need to draft a quarterback early this year, but they do need to continue upgrading their offensive line." ~ Mike Sando
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th only reason im sceptical on cutler is his accuracy everything else is fine by me but if he cant get the ball to our possesion receivers at least 60-70% of the time he wont be successful....coz we dont run any of the routes he threw so well at vandy..... i really think cutler might be a bust if he comes here and will succeed elsewhere because we expect the QB to throw accuratly to double covered WR's alot....if we could get Vernon Davis (unlikely) then we could get almost any QB and they would be succesful coz if ur not successful with 2 allpro wrs' and all pro RB and a future allpro TE then u aint gonna succed in NFL Europe...i really think even john navarre would be ok if we got vernon davis

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line is this, Cutler doesn't fit in with our WR's. Everything he does well they don't do well. That's not something I just made up off the top of my head, it's fact. Fitz and Q would tell you the exact same thing BUT if we absolutely had to have a QB in the 1st, no way around it, I'd want it to be Cutler.

If Huff, Davis or Justice are available however, they've got to be the pick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: