You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

***DRAFT TRACKER***

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: ***DRAFT TRACKER*** Reply with quote

Arizona Cardinal Draft Picks

Matt Leinart Profile: What can you say about Matt Leinart? He will go down as one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time. In three seasons as a starter at USC, he had a combined record of 37-2, including 34 straight victories. He took over the helm as a sophomore in 2003 for Heisman Trophy Winner Carson Palmer, and exceeded all expectations. On the year, Leinart completed just over 63% of his passes for 3,556 yards, and an amazing 38/9 TD/INT ratio. USC earned a share of the National Title in 2003, thanks in large part to Leinart's success. As a junior, he was even better. The eventual Heisman Trophy winner finished the year with 3,322 yards and 33 TD's to just six interceptions, while completing 65% of his passes. USC this time won the National Title outright. Leinart turned down the NFL and returned for his senior year with a shot to become just the second person to win two Heismans and be a part of the first 3-time National Champions. As it turned out, his backfield mate Reggie Bush stole the show on his way to the Heisman, and USC lost to Texas in the title game 41-38. But Leinart had another great season. He became a 3-time All American after completing 65.7% of his passes for 3,815 yards and 28 touchdowns to just eight interceptions. 3-time AA, one Heisman, Two National Titles, and a 37-2 career record. That's not a bad three year stretch. Complete profile.

Deuce Lutui Profile: Deuce Lutui originally signed with Utah out of high school, but decided to go back to a junior college in Arizona. He signed with USC in 2004, and has been a rock on their offensive line since then. Lutui replaced Winston Justice at right tackle as a junior, when Justice was suspended for the year. This year, with Justice back, Lutui has moved inside to left guard, a much more natural position for him, and it paid off with various All American honors. Complete profile.

Leonard Pope profile: After Ben Watson was selected in the 1st round of the draft by the Patriots, Leonard Pope took center stage at TE for the Bulldogs. As a sophomore, Pope caught 25 balls for 482 yards and six touchdowns. He was more involved as a junior, hauling in 39 passes on the year for 541 yards and four touchdowns, earning 1st team All SEC along the way. Complete profile.

Arizona Cardinals 2006 picks:

Round# (pick#)

1 (#10) - Matt Leinart, QB, USC
2 (#41) - Deuce Lutui, OL, USC
3 (#72) - Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia

Round 4 (#132) - Gabe Watson, DT Michigan

Round 5 (#142) - Brandon Johnson, LB, Louisville

[/i]Round 6 (#177) -[ Jonathan Lewis, DT Virginia Tech

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
givingjane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys must be elated. Right? Guys? Anybody?

Green & Gold since 1977 @guacamaia
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is an absolute steal for you guys. Leinart is going to be a very solid pro QB.

Any analysis on this from you Card fans??
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
I think this is an absolute steal for you guys. Leinart is going to be a very solid pro QB.

Any analysis on this from you Card fans??

he will be stepping into the same scheme that we use in zona from u.s.c.

he will be surrounded by lots of young talent and we are elated to have him

he can make the short vertical passes the same style offense we run here this is really a dream come true for careds fans considering we didnt have to trade up to get the 2nd best prospect in the draft
gdogger76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

givingjane wrote:
You guys must be elated. Right? Guys? Anybody?

Quick, someone pinch me, I think I am still sleeping. I nearly feinted when leinart dell to us AND we picked him. From that point, the rest is cream. Leinart is going to a perfect system with zero stress to perform year one. During that year, he will be mentored by Warner and learn our offensive system, think palmer. Then we go on and draft 340 lbs of meat for the o line. Latui played guard last year and RT in 2k4. Very versatile, solid safe pick that fills an immediate need. In one word, the draft thus far is phenomenal.
Now this is how a day one is supposed to go. The addition of Pope (pre draft 1st rdr) in the third fills yet another need. DG has shown that he can diligence in his draft strategy by grabbing pope while the vikes nabbed Tavaris Jackson and the beagles took Chris Gocong.
At this rate, I can only hope that day 2 bears the same fruit.
"the Cardinals need to get younger in their defensive front seven while improving their outside pass rush...they do not need to draft a quarterback early this year, but they do need to continue upgrading their offensive line." ~ Mike Sando

Last edited by gdogger76 on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha adn leonard pope the way this draf tis going we may get simpson in the 4th now that would just be CRAZY
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
haha adn leonard pope the way this draf tis going we may get simpson in the 4th now that would just be CRAZY

i agree bing may go soon it s a very weird draft and falling in the cards favor man o man we need to go defense with the whole day 2
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Simpson or Spencer Havner in the 4th and I'll literally be dancing in the streets!!!
shawn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im hoping for simpson,i wanted him over lutui in round 2, but if we get him in round 4 then thats even better.
Cardinalsfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg, what a great draft so far. Know the cardinals need to draft are a fs(Simpson or Watkins). A olb and a cb like Charles Gordon and we are set!

Props to #Uno# on the sig

Cincinnati Cyclones 2009-2010 ECHL Champions

Supersuavesky wrote:
I agree with the Tebow comments. He's never been a great college player
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I can't believe the draft that Denny managed today. It's like he had called every other team up and told them who to pick just so he would get his players. Was shocked when Leinart fell to 10. I was actually hoping that Deuce fell to the Jags in round 2. But then Pope falling to you in the 3rd must have been the icing.

How does a team draft (imo) the #1 QB, the #2 OG, and the #3 TE witout any blockbuster trades????

Kudos, I'm not on the bandwagon because of your draft. I came on to the band wagon once you took Edge out of the AFC South. But the draft and off-season signings will help fill that brand new stadium to the max and will be a force for years to come. I see the Cards in the next few years becoming the Colts of the early 00's.

One last comment.

You can only get drafts like that on Madden if you controlled every team.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
Honestly, I can't believe the draft that Denny managed today. It's like he had called every other team up and told them who to pick just so he would get his players. Was shocked when Leinart fell to 10. I was actually hoping that Deuce fell to the Jags in round 2. But then Pope falling to you in the 3rd must have been the icing.

How does a team draft (imo) the #1 QB, the #2 OG, and the #3 TE witout any blockbuster trades????

Kudos, I'm not on the bandwagon because of your draft. I came on to the band wagon once you took Edge out of the AFC South. But the draft and off-season signings will help fill that brand new stadium to the max and will be a force for years to come. I see the Cards in the next few years becoming the Colts of the early 00's.

One last comment.

You can only get drafts like that on Madden if you controlled every team.

denny really is mr. april i believe that what luck
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another DT

You guys got Watson and Lewis.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hollywood14 wrote:
Another DT

You guys got Watson and Lewis.

we didnt get p.j. daniels? who is that?

yes we got 1st round tackle in watson and 3rd round tackle in watson

in the 4th and 6th great value there

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: