You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals Draft Strategy Now Very Clear To Stchamp98

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Cardinals Draft Strategy Now Very Clear To Stchamp98 Reply with quote

After the first day, I was a bit puzzled by our picks. I was ecstatic at who we'd selected and when but I was wondering what Denny's draft strategy was. To build an unstoppable offense? To ignore the defense?? Draft BPA??? After our 5th round selection though it became very clear o me what our draft stratgey was: Acquire Depth.

If you look at our team last year, nearly all of America thought we wold be a playoff team. Injuries struck and we folded so quick you'd of thought we were dealt 7-2 offsuit. Almost everyone here, including myself thought we needed impact players in this draft who could come right in and start and make this team elite. I was painfully wrong:

1. Matt Leinart, QB- Steal of the draft by far, he comes in not to start but be our QB of the future and give us a real backup QB.
2. Tatuisi "Deuce" Lutui, OG/OT- Lutui, an Arizona boy can possibly come in and start at guard and he gives us great overall depth at guard and tackle and finally gives us some serious competition for starting jobs. Our guards are pretty crowded with Reggie Wells, Milford Brown, Elton Brown and now Deuce. People are gonna have to play their butts off just to make the team(note, all of those mentioned played are under 28 years old)
3. Leonard Pope, TE- Can come right in and start, be a serious red zone threat and give us solid depth for our much used 2-tight end sets.
4. Gabe Watson, DT- Last year Russell Davis went down and our run defense went with him. If one o our DT's goes down now, we have a 340 pound space eater to replace him.
5. Brandon Johnson, OLB- Last year, our entireLB core struggles to stay healthy and our special teams was even worse. Johnson can come in and make an impact on the latter, provide great depth with his great athleticism. Plus, he fits Clancy's defense Wink
6. Jonathan Lewis, DT/DE- Not only was he an amazing value in the 6th, he provides depth all across our d-line with his ability to play both DT and DE(which makes me like the pick a whole lot more)
7. Todd Watkins, WR/KR- Watkins as amazing 4.4 speed and can use it to give us a serious return threat and a legitimate deep ball threat. He completes our offense with this added dimension.

Last year, depth killed us. Denny and crew obviously obviously addressed that!
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they really did and the draft isnt over until we have are ufa come in and there should be some

good read and i agree with you injuries criplled us last year now we have depth

he seemed to go BPA no matter what this year and it probably worked
06cardsbaby

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The king is building a great team guys! We have so many young studs that are coming from great schools. This is why we will be great in no time. We need to sign a free safety though. How did brooks from arizona not get drafted lets go get him
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

06cardsbaby wrote:
The king is building a great team guys! We have so many young studs that are coming from great schools. This is why we will be great in no time. We need to sign a free safety though. How did brooks from arizona not get drafted lets go get him

For the same reason Ernest Shazor didn't get drafted, he doesn't project to the NFL.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: