You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Round with very well thought out trades (Edit 2-9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRADEN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever someone calls you dumb or anything like that it just reflects bad on them...

I see no point getting into it with a person who who can't back it up ya know.

I am SANE in thinking Olsen is better than Zach Miller.

In fact I would put good dough on Olsen getting drafted ahead of Miller...

Because 1 skin fans think differently than you, they are wrong??? I have an opinion in which I know I've done my homework and watched Willis and the Skins alot. I feel he would be the best addition for them, that's all there is to it.

I'm not high on KGB anymore... Kampman is nice... Don't know how the staff feels about Jenkins, but I liked him coming in.
RangerD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRADEN wrote:
Whenever someone calls you dumb or anything like that it just reflects bad on them...

I see no point getting into it with a person who who can't back it up ya know.

I am SANE in thinking Olsen is better than Zach Miller.

In fact I would put good dough on Olsen getting drafted ahead of Miller...

Because 1 skin fans think differently than you, they are wrong??? I have an opinion in which I know I've done my homework and watched Willis and the Skins alot. I feel he would be the best addition for them, that's all there is to it.

I'm not high on KGB anymore... Kampman is nice... Don't know how the staff feels about Jenkins, but I liked him coming in.

GRADEN - I agree with you - everyone is entitled to their opinion, I may not always agree with your picks, but you seem to have carefully thought them out.

IMO, there isn't much dumber than the "There's NO WAY IN HELL that (my team) takes (player I don't like)" type of post. Or the "You're really stupid if you think (my team) will take (player I don't like).....Unless you work in the front office of (my team) then those posts are dumb....and I seriously doubt anyone here works in a front office! LOL!
midmokcfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: CHIEFS DRAFT Reply with quote

Chiefs will never do that. We will live and die with what we have or pick up in FA...Herm said he likes the looks of Troy Smith as well, so if anything I would see us trade up in the 2nd for him or trade down in the 1st for him, but not quinn, not 3 picks, sorry isnt going to happen when we need to fill 5 positions, 3 of which could be adressed in the drat easily.
ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet the Browns trade down to seven and take Peterson

-Jimi Hendrix
GRADEN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man was that classic!!!!

A good post about saying there is nothing dumber than the "they will never" guys. And then! Next freaking post! "The Cheifs will never" lol.

Classic funny

Well this is based on what "I" would do. I do not presume to know what a team thinks nor should I. All I can do is evalute the roster and see which additions I should make. Of course I can read quotes etc... but when has a GM / personal publicly told the truth weeks before "national chess competition".

Seriously guys, don't buy into any of the hooey here. This is a CHESS match and always will be.

- Drive up value
- Make them nervous
- Etract money
- Move around and still get the guy you want

ETC...
RangerD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRADEN wrote:
Of course I can read quotes etc... but when has a GM / personal publicly told the truth weeks before "national chess competition".

Yep, I forgot about that - that's another funny thing we'll start seeing as the draft gets closer - the "Our GM just said in a radio interview that we're taking (Player x)...." post. Those are great. Ever hear of a smokescreen?! LOL!
Munster Mash

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. The Redskins don't want Patrick Willis? That's OK, please let him drop to my Steelers.

Olsen is better than Heath Miller? That is scary if it's true. AND he would definitely be a first rounder. I don't know much about Olsen, but Heath Miller is pretty darn good. And I'm glad we took him in the first round. No regrets there.
GRADEN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Willis would last past 14 at the very latest. GMs very much covet him and do not let a few uninformed fans mislead you.

Closer to the draft people will file in with oh this player is a "LOCK" to "SUCKSVILLE". Can't wait.

I actually still don't buy Thomas to Detroit. I can't tell you the amount of garbage guys go through to take out players they don't like in order to mislead other GMs...

I still think they are crazy to pass on Calvin or Brady.

I do however understand the need for a dominate tackle like Thomas. They have alot invested into Roy and Kevin and they need holes and time to get better (even though Roy is a freakin beast).

Matt Milen is a terrible GM, I have no idea why he is still there. Mistakes after mistakes. I think he needs to rid the stache.
Munster Mash

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this hunch that CJ won't be available for the Lions. I don't see the #1 pick being a lock just yet. But if CJ is gone, I don't see how the Lions could pass on Russell. Then Cleveland or Tampa could get Thomas.

If Ernie Simms could go top ten, why not Willis? If I was Washington, I would take him and be very happy.
GRADEN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed

Calvin is a worhty #1. Without question. For what ever reason Jamarcus doe not interest me in the least. I'd rather have Quinn. That is just me.

To me Landry and Willis are going to step in and be pro bowlers. These guys have been / and are ready to start and be good in the league.

The skins suck. I like Campbell and Cooley, but you can't buy a championship. Why is Gibbs back??? I have no clue why.
GRADEN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought a long time about the Cheifs and Quinn.

I came to the conclusion that should very much make the trade.

They are in a position now where they could start over or improve. Croyle is a nice player and better leader, but he does not have the abilities of Brady Quinn. If you think otherwise, then I'm sorry you are just flat wrong.

There are usually only 2-4 QBs every draft that are labeled with the potential starters mark. The 2nd-7th round QBs have hopes and everything but the percentage is that scouts know what to look for and any QB out of the 1st round is viewed as a maybe or servicable idea for the future.

Brady Quinn fits in KC very nicely. If I were the Cheifs I would be thrilled to trade for him.
bears4life23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the bears pick. but why would the Cardinals give up there 5th pick in the draft. i mean this team is going to be good in the years to come and why not make them a better team this year by getting a good rookie. i dont like the trade but other wise i like the draft.
cjfollett

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRADEN wrote:
I thought a long time about the Cheifs and Quinn.
I came to the conclusion that should very much make the trade.

I have no problem with the logic of Quinn to KC, but I wonder why they would feel the need to move up so high in order to get him. If Quinn gets past TB, he could fall quite a ways, IMO.

6. Washington: Jason Campbell - prob. low
7. Minnesota: Tavaris Jackson - prob. low
8. Houston: David Carr - prob. low
9. Miami: Cupepper and Harrington - prob. low
10. Atlanta: Vick and Schaub - prob. miniscule
11. SF: Alex Smith - prob. miniscule
12. Buffalo: JP Losman - prob. low to med. low
13. St. Louis: Bulger - med. low to med.
14. Carolina: Delhomme - med. to med high

I don't see Carolina passing on Quinn if he falls that far, so I think the highest KC needs to move up is possibly #11, but they might be able to gamble with #13.

When a guy like Leinart can fall from potential #1 to #10, then I can easily see Quinn falling to #14. Heck, if Carolina doesn't take Quinn, he might fall all the way to #23 since the only team I can conceivably see taking him before #23 would be Jax at #17.

My two cents.
GRADEN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Texans sure as heck might want him and so will the Dolphins...

Othere than that the logic is very simple: You think that the Cheifs might be the only other interested party? They are competing with other trade ups as well.

That and the fact that Quinn is worthy of a top 5 selection.

It's a Chess Game...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: