Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elton Brown

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Elton Brown Reply with quote

Whats his deal? He went from sure 1st rounder, to possibly falling out of the second round (not likely). Does anyone know who's interested in him and have any idea where he'll go?

Is he a road grading monster ROG, or an overweight injury prone bust?
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the injury conderns are what have made most teams stay away but if he can stay healthy i believe he can be a monster G !! a steal in the 2nd round or 3rd if he falls. im hoping he falls to the eagles at 63. like you though i was a but surprised wen he fell from the best lineman prospect in the draft to maybe 7th or 8th !!

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
DaBILLS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elton has really never been injured during the season.......He could lose about 15 and be in top shape....He is a monster out their and would be a real steal in late 2nd or 3rd...Hes the best Guard prospect but has slipped some do to some poor advise and actions

He would fit some team that needs a real guard that can help the run game......
primetime21335

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teams are pissed that he was so lazy at the combine and senior bowl. he just got weighed and left.

i guess teams are second guessing his work ethic. talent will get u nowhere in the nfl, u need to work.

(dont say, well randy moss doesnt work hard, b/c yes he does, especially his first few years in the league, him and cris carter were constantly trying to improve eachother.)
RD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are saying that that was a huge misunderstanding. Brown and his agent let people know that he wasn't going to take part and was going to be leaving early, so his absence was known about. Then of course you have the side that thinks he just up and left. I dont know who to believe, but I find it tough to believe a guy would just striaght up and walk out knowing he could cost himself a lot of money.

Also, at his individual workout, Brown impressed people finishing his workout despite pulling his hammy. He showed the toughness to finish there and earned some points on peoples boards.
thefleckster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that the 49ers will grab him with there 2nd round pick. They need serious help with their O-line.
Peppers90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

primetime21335 wrote:
teams are pissed that he was so lazy at the combine and senior bowl. he just got weighed and left.

i guess teams are second guessing his work ethic. talent will get u nowhere in the nfl, u need to work.

(dont say, well randy moss doesnt work hard, b/c yes he does, especially his first few years in the league, him and cris carter were constantly trying to improve eachother.)

Didn't make the Panthers mad...they had interviews with him both times and then he left..

if he is there at 45 he will be the Panthers pick..unless of course Baas is there which is is a low chance..but I'd rather have Elton...

Elton Brown + 45 = Panthers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elton Brown is not injury prone. He has never been injured during the season only recently has he been injured. Anyway any team that passes him up is going to be sorry, he is going to become a dominate OG and show up in many pro bowls. Over weight? he is like 345-355, Larry Allen is up around there, Toni Fontui(spelling) is up there in weight and was a great G even when Toni was benched for weight reason he was still their best lineman and LT was wanting him back.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
mauesq

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't go past the Niners #33 pick.
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree he wont make it out of the first half of the 2nd round. To many teams with a need a guard early in the 2nd round and Brown has the potential to be an all-pro.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: