You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IT COULD HAPPEN VOL. V: Trades? We Got Your Stinkin' Trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zgordo34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Broncos trade, Lynch would be a star in Denver!!
thizz415

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: IT COULD HAPPEN VOL. V: Trades? We Got Your Stinkin' Tra Reply with quote

Al Toon wrote:

5. TRADE** SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (from Cardinals): Alan Branch, DT, Michigan. With Joe Thomas off the board, the Cardinals trade this pick in return for the Niners' first and second rounders. Niners get a dominating tackle who will key their 3-4 transition.

why would two teams in the same division trade with each other it just won't happen. we are going to stay with the 11th pick and draft amobi okoye or patrick willis or maybe reggie nelson.
Jamie4273

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love the Steelers trading down in the 1st, only if CB Darrelle Revis is gone. I think we have bigger needs then CB, but he is just to good to pass up. IMO our needs are 2 LB's, OG and OT if Max Starks leaves (then take OT Levi Brown in 1st).

I would like to see Pittsburgh pick up 2 LB and an OL on day one.

Players I would like Pittsburgh to get on day 1.

OL
OT Levi Brown in Rd 1 (only if Max starks leaves)
OG Justin Blalock in Rd 2
OG Ben Grubbs in Rd 2
OG Arron Sears in Rd 2

OLB/DE
Jarvis Moss in Rd 1 with a trade down
Adam Carriker in Rd 1, but I don't think we can trade down to get him
Quentin Moses in Rd 1 with a trade down

ILB
Lawrence Timmons Rd 2
Partick Willis Rd 2
David Harris Rd 3 maybe Rd 2
Paul Posluszny Rd 1 with trade down if Jarvis Moss, Adam Carriker and Quentin Moses are gone.
Brandon Siler Rd 3
Buster Davis Rd 3 or later

LaMarr Woodley
dallastexan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've got the Texans signing Plummer AND drafting JaMarcus Russell, with all of their needs?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Al toon before I have to blast your intelligence on such a completely horrible pick for the Eagles. Let us consider a few things about last season. The eagles finished with the second best offense in the nfl that's with Jeff Garcia running the show for a good amount of time. This up coming season we return 10 starters and possibly all of them if stallworth signs with McNabb being an upgrade over Garcia for those 6 or so games. Now last year our defense really struggled, they put up low sack numbers and just played poorly all around the board.

Now with that in mind, should the eagles spend their pick on a second string runningback that might get 8 touches a game if he's lucky or do you think they should probably get some young guys on the defensive side?

I really don't know why I have to go through this with people.
CC21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami will not pass on adams and they do not need a wr!!
Marco79

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all that happened for the texans i would be so happy
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm
you have the giants passing up Revis for Hall when our biggest need is a FAST CB? (WE ALREADY HAVE 3 SLOW CB'S!!!).
1. Revis is the best CB in the draft
2. WE NEED A FAST CB, NOT A SLOW ONE
terrible pick
bhslinebacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is very possible adams could fall depending on what trades happen and on team needs most teams are in much worse need of offensive help then defensive but if adams does fall below pick 10 i believe the BRONCOS would be the team to trade for him and if he does not fall it iwll most likely be jamaal andreson who does because i dont believe 2 DE will go in the top 10. Denver wont trade for lynch because he is nothing special and with all the great running backs in next years draft shannahan would love the upgrade at DE
CrackMonster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Jaguars would overlook Ginn for a LB when we have young, healthy and good LB's in our LB core.

Wonders of ElipticDawg.
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I am EXCITED that the Texans will have to play him 2x a year, as I think Gabbert is a David Carr clone.
phillybirds3121

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally think leonardis way to high. he is second round at best and we will get griffen. he most definetly will fly up draft boards so we will more than likely have to trade up to get him
Al Toon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Well Al toon before I have to blast your intelligence on such a completely horrible pick for the Eagles. Let us consider a few things about last season. The eagles finished with the second best offense in the nfl that's with Jeff Garcia running the show for a good amount of time. This up coming season we return 10 starters and possibly all of them if stallworth signs with McNabb being an upgrade over Garcia for those 6 or so games. Now last year our defense really struggled, they put up low sack numbers and just played poorly all around the board.

Now with that in mind, should the eagles spend their pick on a second string runningback that might get 8 touches a game if he's lucky or do you think they should probably get some young guys on the defensive side?

I really don't know why I have to go through this with people.

Oh, your burden. I truly grieve for you.

I will state it again ... slowly. Leonard is shooting up boards. He would get more than eight touches a game, and his presence would make Westbrook even better.

Do you have more pressing needs? Of course, starting with linebacker and moving on to safety. But this is a unique player who would not be there in the second for you.

Finally -- and I can't believe I have to say this -- this is an early February mock, with a ton of trades that won't happen. I just threw it out there as A scenario, not one I think will be THE scenario come April 28.
Al Toon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dallastexan wrote:
So you've got the Texans signing Plummer AND drafting JaMarcus Russell, with all of their needs?

Plummer plays for a year, even two, until Russell is ready. That is, unless you want to go to battle with Brad Van Pelt as your starter.
Al Toon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
hmm
you have the giants passing up Revis for Hall when our biggest need is a FAST CB? (WE ALREADY HAVE 3 SLOW CB'S!!!).
1. Revis is the best CB in the draft
2. WE NEED A FAST CB, NOT A SLOW ONE
terrible pick

This has been a familiar refrain with Giants fans.

Now, I know 40 times are unreliable until the combine, but consider this from NFLDraftCountdown (argue amongst yourself the reliability of the site): Both Hall and Revis are listed as having 4.45 speed. That said, even that site questions Hall's speed.
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaMarcus Russell? PERFECT!

^LORK 88^

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: