Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Helpful Tips for Posting in Valhalla (i.e. Vikings Forum)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJC71

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Helpful Tips for Posting in Valhalla (i.e. Vikings Foru Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Don't ever hesitate to talk to either Lee, VD, or myself. If you have a problem, question, or issue with ANYTHING going on here, please PM one of us and we will help you.

ANYTHING...?

hey, i don't want to be giving advice about personal fungus removal to these guys, you know!

Hey, when your initials are VD you should expect questions about fungus and whatnot....
VikingsFan51

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i want to say that all our members are doing a great job of keeping info and our views in the easiest way to sort through them.

our forum truly is one of the best ones on this site and we're attracting new members pretty much every day!

Yeah, I was searching through an unnamed team's forum, and I was shocked at all of Webby's locks and bans on that one page. Us Vikes fans really keep a tight ship, and I second VD by saying we should all be proud of the way we post.
mnfreak12786

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work you guys. I'm sure it'll get much busier around here as draft day creeps closer. I know I was on here a lot last year right around draft time. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy

mod supervisor
Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
this could easily fit into existing threads.

you new guys need to catch on to how we want to do business here. your input is very much wanted, but if you start threads with ideas or articles that we are already discussing, then all it does is push the whole menu of what we're talking about down further.

please take the time to READ what we are talking about and join in.

thanks.

my question in response to this is....are we expected to go through all the back pages of topics before we start a new one that we don't see on the current page. that will take quite awhile, and by that time it wouldn't be worth posting to search through all the old topics.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iowavikesfan wrote:
my question in response to this is....are we expected to go through all the back pages of topics before we start a new one that we don't see on the current page. that will take quite awhile, and by that time it wouldn't be worth posting to search through all the old topics.

oh heck no. we figure once a thread falls off the first page, then it's fair game to start another one, unless the member is very active and knows it's waiting on page 2.

but too often posters start a thread about a topic we have been discussing for days and it's only 5-10 lines beneath the top. those are the ones that we should add to, instead of push down. because every time we start a new (unnecessary) thread, we push all the other ones down which then makes it more likely to happen some more.

thank you very much for asking for the clarification.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone give me some instructions on how to create a poll? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
PrplePplBleeder

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just click add poll and add as many options as you deem necessary, and click add option and add option, etc. till you're poll is how you want it.
Hope that helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3J17S4vHnw

Future NFL kicker? Thoughts?
He's my future client. Contact me NFL.
mnfreak12786

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This picture explains everything:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could we add links to all the NFC North team updat thread to? they are sometimes hard to find

Some gave all, All gave some.

All posting to be done henceforth via Phone. I apologize for the errors.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm un-sticky-ing this thread for awhile so that all the new people who have arrived on board recently and will so soon will be able to notice it, as it shows a lot of good tips on posting here, as well as gives them links to some useful threads.

I did add the request from PurpleProwess (who may not even remember asking, because it's been so long Wink ) to include the links to the threads where we have discussed our division foes. We should be able to fill up these threads rather quickly, since we'll have a lot to discuss during this offseason.

For any new guys, feel free to ask me any questions about any of the information listed here, as it presents a lot of information.

Again, thanks to all for your posting! Keep up the good work!

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Can someone give me some instructions on how to create a poll? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

I have such fond memories of the rise of Uncle Buck! This post makes me smile. The next cool guy can pop up anywhere in any place, but for some reason they come here to this forum.

This is a happy place for Vikings fans!

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I'm un-sticky-ing this thread for awhile so that all the new people who have arrived on board recently and will so soon will be able to notice it, as it shows a lot of good tips on posting here, as well as gives them links to some useful threads.

how about a cyber round of applause for disaacs!

Applause Applause

the guy has to work in the purple shadow of that big oaf, yet still consistently produces for his teammates here. never a serious problem with him, always has a good attitude.

thanks, d!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thuoght I was the oaf. Laughing

Thanks for the support. Now, we have to hope the Vikings can make it to the Super Bowl, so I can see what it looks like when a team I like is involved. It's been nearly 20 years since the last Minnesota team won a championship or even been to a championship series (1991 - Twins and North Stars), so we're just about due.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Impossible to read posts with super long quotes.....

That's a good point. Therefore, I've added a new entry to the "Helpful Tips" thread. If you think I should word it differently (as I did it rather quickly) or if you have any other suggestions to help people when posting, let me know.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, as it's been a few years, I'm going to un-sticky this thread for awhile, to make sure that everyone new and old reviews this thread, as it provides useful information and tips for everyone posting here (myself included) to make sure that we have a good forum with quality discussion...one that the other team forums can be envious of.

If you have any additions or corrections to make to this thread, please PM me.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: