You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Duke's 2 Rd Pre-Combine Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Bengals mock.
nyjagsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Jags4Life said on page 2 pretty much is the voice of all Jags forum members.

Quote:
JP Losman finally flashed the potential that made him a 1st rd pick last year and the Bills will continue to develope him with another weapon at his disposal.

This was JP's 3rd year, but first year starting all 16 games without looking over his shoulder for Kelly Holcomb. I like the Jarrett pick, but CB and MLB are going to be bigger first day needs. Pat Willis in the first no question.

props to lanksjags82 for making my sig overnight!
Pacman=future

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent titans draft

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Solid Cowboys pick - only thing I'd like to see is Higgins in the 3rd as we need some youth at WR that can become a future #1 or #2 and next years WR class won't be pretty...

Except the Cowboys don't draft O-Line in the 1st round. I see either Arron Ross or Michael Griffin there. Solid 2nd round pick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pollino14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad GB pick. We need a RB and Lynch is too talented to pass up. We have descent depth at DE with Kampman on one side and KGB and Jenkins on the other.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Bad GB pick. We need a RB and Lynch is too talented to pass up. We have descent depth at DE with Kampman on one side and KGB and Jenkins on the other.

I disagree. I think Lynch is good, but he will not improve the Packers as much as Carriker would, and that the dline needs improving in Green Bay.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely a different mock as far as the Packers are concerned. Carriker and Leonard don't fill our biggest needs, but are good players that would certainly help our team. I like the versatility of both of them. I don't think this is the most likely possibility for a Packers draft, but it definitely could happen. Nice job thinking outside the box.

.flash on the sig
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tttmikeb wrote:
This is definitely a different mock as far as the Packers are concerned. Carriker and Leonard don't fill our biggest needs, but are good players that would certainly help our team. I like the versatility of both of them. I don't think this is the most likely possibility for a Packers draft, but it definitely could happen. Nice job thinking outside the box.

Thats one thing I also wanted to do in this mock is change it up some but still fill team needs and improve them as much as possible. You tend to see a lot of cookie cutter mocks copying each other after a while. I like to just focus on team needs and disregard other mocks here as people agree with a pick and then it starts being the pick all over the place and some people don't even know why.

Now some picks are still like a lot of other mocks, but thats bound to happen if it fills the need and makes sense to me.

Hawk/UF#1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: The Duke's 2 Rd Pre-Combine Mock Reply with quote

16. Green Bay Packers (8-8 .500) - Adam Carriker, DE/DT, Nebraska

horrible pick that the last thing green bay needs is a DL man
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Duke's 2 Rd Pre-Combine Mock Reply with quote

Hawk/UF#1 wrote:
16. Green Bay Packers (8-8 .500) - Adam Carriker, DE/DT, Nebraska

horrible pick that the last thing green bay needs is a DL man

Any particular reasoning? I've stated my case and i'm sticking too it until convinced otherwise. The Pack has a decent secondary, a great set of LB's and yet their defense isn't that great overall. Carriker can be a run stopping force at end on run downs and a quick penetrating 1 gap DT on pass downs.

Fishfan79

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9. Miami Dolphins (6-10 .543) - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

The Dolphins underachieved in '06 and Cam Cameron has the tools already on offense to make thing happen with Ronnie Brown, Chris Champers, and Daunte Culpepper. Adams give the Fins an elite rush prospect who can play across from Jason Taylor to cause constat disruption in the opponents backfield. Admas and Taylor can form a dynamite team for now and Adams can take over for Taylor a few years down the line.
Nice pick, but our offense was near to last in the NFL last year btw, yet our defense was number 4

40. Miami Dolphins (6-10 .543) - Anthony Gonzales, WR, Ohio State - Will be a great compliment to Chris Chambers.
Not a big fan of the pick, I think he is over-rated because of getting single coverage with gin on the other side
Staley, blalock, Houston I like more there. Blalock would be nice for a guard pick up in the 2nd for the team
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice reasoning behind the Ravens pick and nice pick, I personally like Aaron Ross more but I think if Marcus McCauley were to fall to the 29th spot the Ravens would take him assuming he's the best player available.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
"Women of the World Cup" Zero pictures of women. Shirtless Olivier Giroud instead. Good job, good effort FF.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: