Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Athletics Thread: Where We Want Pie
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Oakland Athletics Thread: Where We Want Pie Reply with quote

I look for the A's to do like they seem to always do. Play bad until end of MAy then catch fire and go to the playoffs or challenge for a playoff spot.

I like that Piazza has been doing well during this spring and hope it continues into the regular season.

I also think we should start Barton at first this year to see what we got in him.

Any thoughts?

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis

Last edited by MightyMouse07 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 53 times in total
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No A's fans again this year? Lame.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
SanFran49ers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a Giants fan first, but I like the A's. Im not one of those guys who absolutely hates the cross town rivals so I will post in here from time to time.

Im really excited about Harden. I think this is the year he finishes the season with 30 starts and 200 K's (I said the same thing last year Embarassed ). Im really pulling for him to do well because I think he can be a legitimate Cy Young candidate.

As for Barton starting at first, Im not sure hes quite ready. I would rather see him start the year in Sacramento and come up when/if Johnson struggles. I think Johnson needs at least a few weeks to redeem himself from last year. If he cant, I think Barton needs to come up. Barton has a nice future ahead of him, he reminds me a lot of Lyle Overbay.

A lot of people are predicting a down year for the A's this year after losing Zito and what not, but I actually think they could be better. They played all of last without Harden and if hes healthy, hes better than Zito. Plus Haren and Blanton and a hopefully healthy Loaiza forms a solid rotiation. Piazza and Stewart were nice additions and should have an impact and the improvement of Swisher in the middle of the lineup is critical. Should be a fun year!
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm glad just to have someone else on here be able to talk about the A's its been a lonely few years.

Windsor will be our 5th starter this year. It seems like Kennedy wasn't able to take rela control and grab a spot in the starting rotation like many thought.

I think the most important thing with this team is keeping our best players healthy. Like Crosby and Harden. If those two can stay healthy our team always seems to play better especially on offense, with Crosby.

SanFran49ers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Windsor. I think hes the best option for the 5th starter spot. Kennedy is better out of the pen in my opinion.

Crosby's health is imperative this year. If he cant get it together and show some signs of the player he was when he was a rookie, I think its time for the A's to look elsewhere for a shortstop of the future.
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanFran49ers wrote:
I like Windsor. I think hes the best option for the 5th starter spot. Kennedy is better out of the pen in my opinion.

Crosby's health is imperative this year. If he cant get it together and show some signs of the player he was when he was a rookie, I think its time for the A's to look elsewhere for a shortstop of the future.

I agree completely. I am still mad we let Tejada go. He was one of the best SS in the league and hell an MVP.

Anyone else notice all the facial hair on the players now? Seems like a bunch of lumberjacks.

BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an Orioles fan at heart, but I'd say Oakland is my '2nd team.'

I really hope this is finally the year Harden explodes. I've been waiting for it for a couple of years now. I had him pinned as my Cy Young this time last year. With Zito gone, he's going to need to have a big year for the A's to have a shot at the division. Loiaza is going to be key too, he's going to need to pitch like he did in the 2nd half of the year last year. Blanton and Harden could be a heck of a 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation.

Obviously Mike Piazza needs to play as well as he has this spring. He needs to be Oakland's Frank Thomas this year. If he's not, Oakland simply won't score runs. They've got a lot of solid bats, but no big run-producer.

As for Tejada, I completely agree that the A's were stupid to let him go, though I'm an Orioles fan, so I don't mind that much. I don't understand why the A's said that Tejada was out of their price range, but then turn around 3 months after Tejada signs with the Orioles and sign Eric Chavez to a deal worth only $1 million less per year [6 years, $66 million for Chavez, 6 year, $72 million for Miggy]. I love Chavez, but you'll be hard pressed to find a baseball fan that would rather have Chavez than Tejada.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”
RAIDER523

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I used to be an A's fan during the late eighties when the had that great run but after the world series got cancelled from the players strike it just really turned me off until 98' when Mcgwire had his home run year. In fact when I was really young my dad would get really good seats from his work behind home plate during the early seventies but I didn't really realize what I was watching I just thought the A's won the world series every year back then was normal Laughing Laughing .Anyways I would like to get more up to date with the team this year so I'll pop in from time to time. Really excited about the new stadium plans I can't think of a more deserving sport franchise that deserves a new ballpark than the A's.Especially after it got ruined with Mt. Davis ugh d'oh! .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we got our first win tonight as Harden looks great again with 7 Ks and O ER in 7 innings tonight. Terrific stuff from him.

Buck is playing for us and has not really been able to hit the ball too well but he has gotten on base with some walks.

The usual suspects have seemed to carry us offensively so far: Ellis, Crosby, Bradley, and Swisher.

MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mike Piazza to the team. Man hopefully he can keep this up for us and be our big Hurt for this year.

The-Beast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
Welcome Mike Piazza to the team. Man hopefully he can keep this up for us and be our big Hurt for this year.
Hopefully. He somehow dropped to the 12th round Shocked, considering the numbers he put up splitting time with Bard last season. The DH role is perfect for his bad knees.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-Beast wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:
Hopefully. He somehow dropped to the 12th round Shocked, considering the numbers he put up splitting time with Bard last season. The DH role is perfect for his bad knees.

He had a great spring and seems to have continued it now into the season. I think with his help and if Bradley/Crosby/Swisher stay healthy then this team can will be able to do just fine.

as11osu

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor soon to be Fremont A's....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlTvSUCCqPo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser%2Eviewprofile%26friendid%3D146917987%26MyToken%3Da595c0e8%2Df506%2D4f9a%2Dbde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oakland A's thread is back baby.

And just like I said last year I want Barton. He should finally be starting but he has already got hurt. It hasn't been said how serious.

SanFran49ers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
The Oakland A's thread is back baby.

And just like I said last year I want Barton. He should finally be starting but he has already got hurt. It hasn't been said how serious.

I like Barton. I see him as a Lyle Overbay type guy. 300 BA, 20 HRs, 90-100 RBIs, 370 OBP. Worry about the defense though, he needs to improve on that.

On a side note, I read that Carlos Gonzalez has been raking this spring. You guys think he gets a chance to start the year in the big leagues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 1 of 52

Jump to: