Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A dream defensive set up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballJosh18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: A dream defensive set up Reply with quote

Just think of this scenerio right here on the defensive line we got freeney,tripplett,get hawthorne or mosley or canty,burns
our linebackers could be thorton, and get mccune or mitchell, and move mathis back then our defensive backs could be harper,doss or strickland,sanders,jackson what do yall think
inkwell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it sounds good on paper in April. I dont understand moving Mathis to LB. It is Marcus Washington all over again IMO. You are wasting his best talent (pass rushing). Tripplett has been a disappointment. We missedd having a great DL by two picks. Missed Babineaux by one and missed Castillo by one. These two would have given us excellent players that fit the Dungy system at NT and DT. If Burns is a better choice than those two would have been, great! But I cant see it. I liked Canty but dont know if his injury is keeping him from going off the board.

I would like to see them get Mitchell but dont see him being better than Morris. I would resign Morris today, with the way the draft has gone and hope Mitchell is ready after a year playing behind him. Moving Mathis to OLB to me indicates we have nothing worth keeping in June, Pope and the rest of the young LBs.

If Sanders is healthy and Doss proves himself, I like the possibilities for our DBs. I think Jackson is low risk. He is a good fit on this team at S or CB. I dont know that he is an impact player for us but a good fit and an improvement in a position of need.
smstuart14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still havent signed an ilb. picked up seems to be a speedy small olb from cincy. a hard hitting saftety from cal. i guess he was first team pac 10. probably a special teams player. Who knows we might resign morris or convert one of our young olb like gilbert or pope to inside.

What grade would you give on colts draft?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: