Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dirk Nowitzki, Knee Surgery, Out 6 Weeks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Dirk Nowitzki, Knee Surgery, Out 6 Weeks Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@ESPNSteinLine
Mavs announce Dirk Nowitzki had arthroscopic surgery Friday on right knee & will resume basketball activity "within approximately six weeks"

#JDI
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why he didn't do it a couple weeks ago.

ELRammy
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Not sure why he didn't do it a couple weeks ago.

I was gonna ask the same thing.

Would actually be kind of funny IF he actually did this based on the news of Love's injury. Doubt that's the case though.

While this is indeed a huge loss to the Mavs, given their added depth on the season, I think they should be able to manage, meaning at least keep themselves in contention for a playoff spot while Dirk is out. Given the chance, I definitely think Bernard James could come in right away and surprise a few people. This could be just the type of opportunity, he needs.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He really should have gotten it done right when they came back from Europe. The draining cost him around 10 days of rehab. That's valuable time.

I hope we can stay afloat, but I'm not counting on it. I wonder if Carlisle will think about starting Wright at the PF spot so he can keep Brand on the bench where he can be a super sub that can play either the 4 or 5. I kind of like it like that, especially since Kaman will need to play with a guy that's long and athletic like Wright.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rise of the unibrow begins...

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

.......ok. What does that have to do with Dirk?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I was just messing around Wink Mavs should be fine, with their added depth they should be able to stay above .500 until Dirk returns and the shortened season could actually be good for him.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Yeah I'm not getting it. I guess he's saying that since Dirk will be out that Davis will make the All-Star game? Even though Dirk is a PF, and Davis is playing C....or was it that the Hornets would do better than the Mavs till Dirk's back? idk. Mavs are deep, they'll still hang with the Lakers opening night. That'll be an indicator for fans to be like Mark Cuban, "It's all good"

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I guess he's saying that since Dirk will be out that Davis will make the All-Star game? Even though Dirk is a PF, and Davis is playing C.

Actually, Robin Lopez is the starting center for the Hornets, meaning Davis is the starting PF. While Davis might see time at the 5 in certain rotations, he'll mostly be playing at the 4 when he's on the court. So given the injuries to both Love and Dirk, there MAY just be an opening on the all-star ballot this year for another PF. We shall see though if Davis's performance lends itself to all-star consideration...

Matts4313 wrote:
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I guess he's saying that since Dirk will be out that Davis will make the All-Star game? Even though Dirk is a PF, and Davis is playing C.

Actually, Robin Lopez is the starting center for the Hornets, meaning Davis is the starting PF. While Davis might see time at the 5 in certain rotations, he'll mostly be playing at the 4 when he's on the court. So given the injuries to both Love and Dirk, there MAY just be an opening on the all-star ballot this year for another PF. We shall see though if Davis's performance lends itself to all-star consideration...

In that case, I'm hoping Pau can make the All-Star game. The Lakers will be an exciting and popular team. Davis is playing in the lost city of Atlantis, nobody will watch his games(which is such a shame). I'm expecting about 18 and 10 from Pau along with some nasty feeds to Dwight. Hopefully Lakers have the best record in the west by the All-Star game so Mike Brown can get our fantastic 4 in the All-Star game.
One can always dream Laughing Laughing Laughing

-Kendrick Lamar
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

In that case, I'm hoping Pau can make the All-Star game. The Lakers will be an exciting and popular team. Davis is playing in the lost city of Atlantis, nobody will watch his games(which is such a shame). I'm expecting about 18 and 10 from Pau along with some nasty feeds to Dwight. Hopefully Lakers have the best record in the west by the All-Star game so Mike Brown can get our fantastic 4 in the All-Star game.

MWP >>>>>>

Don't be a hater.

Laughing

Matts4313 wrote:
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

MWP >>>>>>

Don't be a hater.

Laughing

Embarassed How can I forget the guy who missed an open lay-up last night? lol all I've seen from him this preseason is that he can hit the open shot better, and his defense is back. He's getting his paws all over dudes! unfortunately, being a defensive stopper doesn't get u an All-Star appearance unless you're dunking like Iggy.

-Kendrick Lamar
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I was just messing around Wink Mavs should be fine, with their added depth they should be able to stay above .500 until Dirk returns and the shortened season could actually be good for him.

I hope you're right. Our depth isn't as great as some people think. We could really use a James Singleton/Najera/Haslem/Gooden/Humphries/Bass/Big Baby type of PF on this team. We got Elton Brand, yes, but he's definitely not as good as he used to be, and after him, our other PF options include Brandan Wright, Shawn Marion, Jae Crowder, and Vince Carter. We either go small, or give up range. Not a good problem. My preference would be to start Brandan Wright though. He complements Kaman well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sleep on Jae Crowder, kid can ball.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Don't sleep on Jae Crowder, kid can ball.

Yes he can, but he's undersized for a 4. I think he's more of a 2/3 tbh. But his drive/motor, toughness, tenaciousness, and work ethic may help him play some 4.

I really wish we had drafted Moultrie or PJ3. Maybe even signed Blatche, lolll.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: