Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mathias Kiwanuka to play linebacker?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
F_R_A_N_K_A_Y_Y

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it not make sense to get a young playmaker on the field at all times. Kiwanuka has great size to be a SAM linebacker, and great speed and lateral movement to cover Tight Ends downfield. In a scheme that will reley on attacking and blitzing the LBs, I dont see how this doesnt make sense.
jg6041

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
This actually doesn't surprise me. Coughlin is an idiot.

It would make sense if they ran a 3-4 scheme ... but whatever.

While all opinions and ideas are welcomed and encouraged please take a moment to read the Guidelines regarding the New Forum. Rather than a statement of Coughlin is an idiot perhaps provide some type of example of your personal opinion of Coughlin. Maybe something like. Coughlin tries to be a discipline first coach much in the mold of Parcells but unlike Parcells who gets the respect of his players, Coughlin does not have his players respect and they appear to dislike him.
Also your last comment of but whatever we are trying to stay away from. I am not trying to single you out Art and I compliment many who have posted on this thread for making quality posts along the lines of what the NFL News Forum is trying to be all about. Perhaps make your statement clearer such as if the Giants ran a 3-4 I think it would be the best way to use Kiwanukas talents however I feel he is better suited as a down lineman to get after the QB than a LB who may often be out of position.
Lets all work together to bring up the quality to make this Forum work.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope the move works out for them. But I'm not convinced that trying to turn a DE into an OLB in a 4-3 is the best move for them. The Texans drafted Jason Babin a few years ago as an OLB in a 3-4 and he was never able to pickup the nuances of being a LB in the NFL.

So best of luck to them. Not sure if it's the best idea though.
GoJags11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kinda like the move i mean the guy has all the physical tools to be a good linebacker and once a playmaker always a playmaker IMO no matter what position you put him at i think he wil produce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
Well, I hope the move works out for them. But I'm not convinced that trying to turn a DE into an OLB in a 4-3 is the best move for them. The Texans drafted Jason Babin a few years ago as an OLB in a 3-4 and he was never able to pickup the nuances of being a LB in the NFL.

So best of luck to them. Not sure if it's the best idea though.

we dont really have anyone to play SAM and Kiwi has the ability. he had 2 picks as a part time player at DE last year. He has the ability and I think he is better then anything else we could do this year. And if he works out, great we can keep him there. Because we tend to be able to draft/develop DE's extremely well and are pretty shaky at drafting LBs

I definitly liked this move
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:

i was thinking the same thing.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:

While all opinions and ideas are welcomed and encouraged please take a moment to read the Guidelines regarding the New Forum. Rather than a statement of Coughlin is an idiot perhaps provide some type of example of your personal opinion of Coughlin. Maybe something like. Coughlin tries to be a discipline first coach much in the mold of Parcells but unlike Parcells who gets the respect of his players, Coughlin does not have his players respect and they appear to dislike him.
Also your last comment of but whatever we are trying to stay away from. I am not trying to single you out Art and I compliment many who have posted on this thread for making quality posts along the lines of what the NFL News Forum is trying to be all about. Perhaps make your statement clearer such as if the Giants ran a 3-4 I think it would be the best way to use Kiwanukas talents however I feel he is better suited as a down lineman to get after the QB than a LB who may often be out of position.
Lets all work together to bring up the quality to make this Forum work.

Sorry about the whole Coughlin is an idiot thing. I could have reworded that.

As far as the "but whatever" thing is concerned, I don't think I should have to explain why Kiwanuka is best suited for a 3-4 defense. I'm pretty sure everyone that read it knew what I was getting at. That's just wasting everyone's time IMO.

I'm not trying to be a rebel or disrespect the mods or anything but I just don't think we should be making 100-200 word posts when it doesn't seem necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:

Sorry about the whole Coughlin is an idiot thing. I could have reworded that.

As far as the "but whatever" thing is concerned, I don't think I should have to explain why Kiwanuka is best suited for a 3-4 defense. I'm pretty sure everyone that read it knew what I was getting at. That's just wasting everyone's time IMO.

I'm not trying to be a rebel or disrespect the mods or anything but I just don't think we should be making 100-200 word posts when it doesn't seem necessary.

Thank you for being cool with my post. My intention was not to single you out but rather try to get every one on the same page as to what we are looking for in this new News Forum. NFL Forum Guidelines and FAQ.
We are trying to have this be more of a discussion and expressing of ideas more indepth than News articles were covered on the NFL Forum. While indeed 100-200 word posts are not necessary we want to hear the reasons for your opinions as opposed to just posting the news. Thank you Art for your response and again this is for everyone please take the time to read over the Guidelines so we can all work together to make this new News Forum a success.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: