Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL News Forum Guidelines and FAQ
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: NFL News Forum Guidelines and FAQ Reply with quote

NFL News Forum Guidelines

Guidelines for starting a new topic:
1. Check to ensure there isn’t already an existing or similar topic.

2. Create a subject title that accurately describes the topic. Titles like ‘Wow, big trade’ or ‘He got cut’ won’t help anyone and will lead to duplicates.

3. Always post a link to your source.

4. Only post rumors where you can link to a reputable source. Don’t post rumors you heard on the radio or from your friend or that you made up.

5. The new NFL News forum is only for discussion of reputable news stories. It's not to be used for games, predictions, comparisons, etc.

Guidelines for submitting a reply:
1. Only reply if you have something meaningful to add. One or two word posts, such as ‘Cool’ or ‘Bad trade’, don’t add anything to the news topics. We really want to encourage good discussion and analysis of the news.

2. Keep replies on topic. Reply with your opinion on how the news affects the player or team. Don’t reply with your general opinion on said player or team. For example, if the Cowboys make a trade, a quality response would be ‘this is a bad trade for the Cowboys because….’ A poor reply would be ‘I hate the Cowboys’.

NFL News Forum FAQ

What is the purpose of the NFL News forum and why was it created?
It is simply a forum dedicated to the discussion of NFL News. Nothing else will be discussed or posted here. All other general NFL discussion should be done in the NFL General forum. It was created to separate the NFL news from the general NFL discussions in the NFL forum. News topics would get buried under player comparisons, predictions, rankings, etc and made it difficult for members who used our forums for breaking NFL news. This will now give members and guests one place to look for today’s NFL news. It will become the place on the web for in-depth discussion on breaking news.

Can anyone post in this forum?
Yes. Anyone may start a topic or post a reply. However, please remember to keep all topics related to NFL news and follow these guidelines.

Can I still post news in the NFL General forum?
No. Please keep all NFL news discussion in the new NFL News forum.

Can I post news in the team forums?
Absolutely. In fact we encourage you to use the team forums to discuss news.

Last edited by Webmaster on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Irish 11

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy, jg6041, and I are all excited about the possibilities of this new forum.

In addition to what Webby stated above, I'd like to remind everyone that it doesn't have to come from a national service like ESPN.com or SI.com to be posted here. I'd love to see folks posting articles from their team's local newspapers. The beat writers know the teams better than the national media ever could and we'll get some great insight in this forum if we are able to gather news from many sources.

I look forward to your posts!
BigBen7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to get this straight, this is like an NFL Rumour mill right?

But I like the idea Very Happy

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
Just want to get this straight, this is like an NFL Rumour mill right?

But I like the idea Very Happy

Webby wrote:
What is the purpose of the NFL News forum and why was it created?
It is simply a forum dedicated to the discussion of NFL News. Nothing else will be discussed or posted here. All other general NFL discussion should be done in the NFL General forum. It was created to separate the NFL news from the general NFL discussions in the NFL forum. News topics would get buried under player comparisons, predictions, rankings, etc and made it difficult for members who used our forums for breaking NFL news. This will now give members and guests one place to look for today’s NFL news. It will become the place on the web for in-depth discussion on breaking news.

Substantiated rumors may be posted and discussed here, but we aren't looking for wild trade and signing proposals that members have concocted.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Great Idea. I like the rules for posting in here. This should fix a lot of the complaints in the NFL General Forum. This is a place for intelligent posting, and great debates. I like!

I would also mention that if you are searching for a mod for this forum, you should look for TO_7 to do it. He is great at keeping topics in line in the Cowboys forum. He is Vike Daddy Jr., with better taste in teams.
rant67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Great Idea. I like the rules for posting in here. This should fix a lot of the complaints in the NFL General Forum. This is a place for intelligent posting, and great debates. I like!

I would also mention that if you are searching for a mod for this forum, you should look for TO_7 to do it. He is great at keeping topics in line in the Cowboys forum. He is Vike Daddy Jr., with better taste in teams.
I have to agree with matts on all of this. This thread is perfect for me as well, that great debate posting. And as matts said. T_O7 would be a great consideration.

To always be remembered...
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Webby. This should helpt Clear up the NFL forum. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great addition to the forums. I will be using this often.

My NFL Draft Thread
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad everyone likes the changes. A lot of the credit should go to the moderators too. They helped me work out all the details.
rant67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
I'm glad everyone likes the changes. A lot of the credit should go to the moderators too. They helped me work out all the details.
Applause Applause Applause How about a big round of applause to everyone who should be credited with the help in making the incredible changes. Thanks guy's!

To always be remembered...
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the changes have begun. Happy days!

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
Jetsalltheway39

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Webby! I love the new changes and this forum could very well up as my favorite forum, behind the Jets of course Wink

Great job picking the mods also. VD, Irish and jg are all great mods.

I eagerly await some great discussions that will take place!
fly eagles fly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is this that big change that steegles had on his sig?
RamRod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job guys. I think this is a great idea and I'm really looking forward to it.
viks_fan21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great solution to the repetitive threads. It was a pleasant surprise to find these renovations when I signed on today, and this will allow for this site to grow even more.

My one problem is that every time I sign on (3-4 times per day) I look through every forum I like (NFL, NFL Draft, College Football, Baseball, Minnesota Vikings, and TAST). This will force me to spend more time being addicted to Footballsfuture and less time accomplishing useful things.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: