Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Shopping LJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NFLoldschool


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 1435
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
You know, you mention the Chiefs reloading... then why are they starting Brodie Croyle when Huard was the guy who was unseating Trent Green? I'd actually consider the Chiefs a borderline playoff team with Huard at the helm.


No one has ever said that Huard won't be the starter; he's a top notch veteran, but Brodie Croyle is a young stud who's going to be given every chance to prove he can be the Chiefs starter over Huard, just like all the other young gunslingers in the league. Whether it's Lienart, Rivers, Manning, Cutler, or whoever, Croyle will have to make a name for himself on the field and knock off Huard; in this case Herm won't make his decision until after camp and seeing both guys perform in the exhibition games. He doesn't just give ANY player a starting role unless they've first proven themselves on the field. Trent Green, as good as he was for the Chiefs for years, thought he shouldn't have to compete with Croyle or Huard for the starters job and you see how that turned out. Something else people should also know about both of our guys, neither of them are prima-donna's w/ an attitude. Besides having solid QB skills, they're both high-character team players who will do whatever is asked of them w/o complaints.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NFLoldschool


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 1435
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
All the posters who have the idea the "the Cheifs are nothing without LJ", heres a news flash they arent very much with him either. you can say that he IS the team but a franchise can not stand ontop of a guy like that for long, one more year of riding this bull and he is sure to break down, or he is just going to walk. If they resign him without having any other additions to the team (offense particularly) then he will probably completely break-down and they will be left with nothing, not extra draft picks, or younger players to help rebuild, just another run down RB that could have been the francise without a LJ to step in after him....


Here's a "news flash" or two back atcha: In Coach Edwards first year, in the face of the disaster of losing his starting QB after Week 1, inheriting a Defense and an offensive line in disarray, and installing an all new coaching staff, he still led the Chiefs to a winning season and a Wildcard playoff spot. As for having made no "additions to the team", another "news flash": Signed FA veteran LT Damion McIntosh, LB's Donnie Edwards and Napolean Harris, DT Alphonso Boone, drafted LSU WR Dwayne Bowe, DT's Tank Tyler & Turk McBride, RB Kolby Smith, among others. Offensive line is now back in form AND there's speed and depth everywhere on Herm's revamped "KC Cover Two" defense. No Offense? "News flash": Herm is installing a new West Coast scheme which will feature two new power fullbacks w/ "hands", RB Michael Bennett whose back at 100%, Tony Gonzalez TE clone Kris Wilson, and 2nd year WR's Jeff Webb and Chris Hannon who are big, tough, and very fast. As for the "age" thing, one last "news flash": 2/3's of the guys who will suit up in camp are all top YOUNG prospects. (BTW, I hope you caught that I didn't even mention LJ, since you ignorantly asserted that the Chiefs as a team are "nothing" w/o him!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mblack8605


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 284
Location: Alaska
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
As much as I would hate this move because Im a Raider fan and don't think it would ever happen, imagine if San Diego traded Michael Turner, their 1st and 3rd to the Chiefs for Larry Johnson. That would be insane. They would have essentially what USC had when their RB's were Reggie Bush and Lendal White, but a lot better. That would be the ultimate thunder and lightning, two headed monster running back combo ever. And the Chiefs would get in return an up and coming RB who's easily worth a first round pick from his learning and experience playing behind the games best RB. I know its crazy but even I would be excited to watch the Chargers offense


It wouldn't be worth the draft picks. San Diego is going to go deep in the playoffs with the personnel in place now. That only means that they will be picking between 25-32. I don't know. Maybe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chiefRoyal


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 657
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does anyone think that the Chiefs are gonna be that great next year anyway. This is coming from a Chiefs fan. We are really bad at rebuilding. It's almost like they want to rebuild for the future, but they(meaning Carl Peterson) would rather win now. We can all see the obvious power struggle going on here. If we were truly rebuilding we would go after Jared Gaither in the Supp. Draft, and we never would have signed Damon MacIntosh, Alphonso Boone, or Donnie Edwards. LJ would have been traded for a couple of picks in the draft this year and Tony Gonzalez would have never been resigned. This has to be the worst rebuild I ever seen. I am all for the rebuilding thing, but do it right. CARL.....quit bringing in over paid old guys, and crappy O-linemen who beat their wives or girlfriends(our bookends).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NFLoldschool


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 1435
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefRoyal wrote:
Why does anyone think that the Chiefs are gonna be that great next year anyway. This is coming from a Chiefs fan. We are really bad at rebuilding. It's almost like they want to rebuild for the future, but they(meaning Carl Peterson) would rather win now. We can all see the obvious power struggle going on here. If we were truly rebuilding we would go after Jared Gaither in the Supp. Draft, and we never would have signed Damon MacIntosh, Alphonso Boone, or Donnie Edwards. LJ would have been traded for a couple of picks in the draft this year and Tony Gonzalez would have never been resigned. This has to be the worst rebuild I ever seen. I am all for the rebuilding thing, but do it right. CARL.....quit bringing in over paid old guys, and crappy O-linemen who beat their wives or girlfriends(our bookends).


So now a supposed "Chiefs fan" is jumping on the "let's flame the Chiefs" bandwagon? What does the LJ trade rumors have to do with dumping on the Chiefs players mentioned in this ridiculous post who are PROVEN NFL veterans, including All-Pro Donnie Edwards and Tony Gonzales? No matter what team you claim to be a fan of, how did this turn into a free-for-all for guys to post cheap shots about the Chiefs???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
denverfan24


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 1126
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If LJ is gona then the broncos only need to worry

about only one team then in the AFC west
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shad 56


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 4871
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets throw some gas on this fire


http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=football&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.profootballtalk.com%2Frumormill.htm


Quote:
WTMJ in Milwaukee reports that the Packers are "keeping a very close eye" on Johnson's situation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
chiefRoyal


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 657
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]So now a supposed "Chiefs fan" is jumping on the "let's flame the Chiefs" bandwagon? What does the LJ trade rumors have to do with dumping on the Chiefs players mentioned in this ridiculous post who are PROVEN NFL veterans, including All-Pro Donnie Edwards and Tony Gonzales? No matter what team you claim to be a fan of, how did this turn into a free-for-all for guys to post cheap shots about the Chiefs???[quote]-NFLoldschool

When did it become your job to call out fans. Aren't you are the OLD guy who always whines any time we younger fans call out an elderly player. Why don't you keep you opinons about other Chiefs FANS to yourself and try and worry about when your next social securety check is coming in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NFLoldschool


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 1435
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefRoyal wrote:
...Aren't you are the OLD guy who always whines any time we younger fans call out an elderly player. Why don't you keep you opinons about other Chiefs FANS to yourself and try and worry about when your next social securety check is coming in.


Yeah, ok, I'm the "old guy" who respects our "elderly" veterans like Donnie Edwards and Tony Gonzales! Bet I'm not the only one here who has respect for them either, regardless of what teams people support or what age group they're in. You, on the other hand, obviously never learned the meaning of "respect". Since your own words reveal plenty about what you're all about, more than anything I could say in response, I'd rather turn my back on your immature insults and just ignore you and this silly hijacked thread!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22825
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLoldschool wrote:
chiefRoyal wrote:
...Aren't you are the OLD guy who always whines any time we younger fans call out an elderly player. Why don't you keep you opinons about other Chiefs FANS to yourself and try and worry about when your next social securety check is coming in.


Yeah, ok, I'm the "old guy" who respects our "elderly" veterans like Donnie Edwards and Tony Gonzales! Bet I'm not the only one here who has respect for them either, regardless of what teams people support or what age group they're in. You, on the other hand, obviously never learned the meaning of "respect". Since your own words reveal plenty about what you're all about, more than anything I could say in response, I'd rather turn my back on your immature insults and just ignore you and this silly hijacked thread!


Come on guys, you're both better than this. I realize that everyone has their own opinions about certain topics, but there's no need for mutiny among Chiefs fans. Afterall, aren't we considered to be the best fans in the NFL in terms of loyalty? How can that be true when we're all fighting with each other?

Back to the topic at hand...

The above posted link is once again full of speculation and incorrect information. The speculation is obvious. The incorrect information that I am referring to is that LJ doesn't have "a lot of miles on the tires". He's been a full time starter for one season, and started 9 games the season before that. Granted, he had a lot of carries last season. So what? Since when has any back broken down after starting for 1 1/2 half seasons? Anyone? Beuller? Noone. Sure, there isn't a great history behind Jamal Anderson's, Jamal Lewis', and Eddie George's production after a 400+ carry season. The fact still remains that every one of those running backs have had a completely different situation in the following year. First, noone can predict an injury. Second, even though he had a lot of carries last season, he's still widely considered the 2nd best RB in the league behind LT. Third, there has to be someone that breaks that 400 carry curse. So far, Eric Dickerson is the only one to produce similar results after a heavy workload like that. Next in line is Eddie George. He did pretty well for himself afterwards too, contrary to popular belief. Either way, it's understandable that everyone seems to have low expectations for any team that loses their starting QB in a trade. It's just that it's disappointing that so many people seem to parrot what they hear on (ESP)N and from the so called "experts" that predict things that turn out to be wrong 75% of the time. The lack of research is the main thing that "irks" me.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yordmachine


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 13484
Location: Treetops
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Johnson to Dallas for 1st round pick + Julius Jones. Works out because Dallas is for people who think theyre better than everyone else, kind of like lj.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spiel612


Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 15781
Location: Around Highway 61
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
Edwards knew he had to rebuild in New York after 2005, but he wanted job security and he basically knew he was not going to get it during the Jets rebuilding phase. So instead he went to KC to help rebuild that team which is falling apart.


Pure speculation. Nothing more.


Actually, Edwards was asking for an extension in New York. They weren't going to give him what he wanted so he went off to KC where he got the job security he wanted. When the original Herm-KC connection came up with a few weeks left in the 2005 season Herm was trying to use it as a bargaining chip for an extension and raise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22825
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
Edwards knew he had to rebuild in New York after 2005, but he wanted job security and he basically knew he was not going to get it during the Jets rebuilding phase. So instead he went to KC to help rebuild that team which is falling apart.


Pure speculation. Nothing more.


Actually, Edwards was asking for an extension in New York. They weren't going to give him what he wanted so he went off to KC where he got the job security he wanted. When the original Herm-KC connection came up with a few weeks left in the 2005 season Herm was trying to use it as a bargaining chip for an extension and raise.


I don't mean any offense by this, but unless you can provide a link, I have no reason to believe that. While it is obvious that everyone in the NFL is seeking job security, the way you phrased your previous post is insinuating that Herm intentionally ran the Jets into the ground, and then left when he saw things going wrong.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THEFOOTBALLXPRT


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 10466
Location: Bothell, WA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
Edwards knew he had to rebuild in New York after 2005, but he wanted job security and he basically knew he was not going to get it during the Jets rebuilding phase. So instead he went to KC to help rebuild that team which is falling apart.


Pure speculation. Nothing more.


Actually, Edwards was asking for an extension in New York. They weren't going to give him what he wanted so he went off to KC where he got the job security he wanted. When the original Herm-KC connection came up with a few weeks left in the 2005 season Herm was trying to use it as a bargaining chip for an extension and raise.


I don't mean any offense by this, but unless you can provide a link, I have no reason to believe that. While it is obvious that everyone in the NFL is seeking job security, the way you phrased your previous post is insinuating that Herm intentionally ran the Jets into the ground, and then left when he saw things going wrong.


How did you get that from the original post? He didn't say that Herm ran them into the ground, only that they were going to be rebuilding as well...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Worth Star-Telegram (registration required): "Forget Larry Johnson. There are 27 million reasons the Chiefs might decide to trade their Pro Bowl running back, but there are at least that many why Johnson won't be playing in Irving this fall... This off-season, Dallas inquired about trading for Michael Turner, but the Chargers wanted first- and third-rounders for LaDainian Tomlinson's backup
http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/168944.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group