Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pac - Man at it again???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Pac - Man at it again??? Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/titans/2007-07-10-pacman-citations_N.htm

Quote:
Jones was pulled over June 10 at 8:30 a.m. in his orange Lamborghini sports car because the tags did not match the car

Sheriff's deputies said he had switched the plate from another vehicle he owns. He was cited with a registration violation, as well as a residency violation for having a Georgia license and failure to show proof of insurance
Why cant this guy get it through his head!!! What is the purpose of switching the plates from vehicle to vehicle. Is it the fact that he doesn't want to pay the luxurey tax on his Lamborghini or the outrageous insurance to cover a car like that?

As one of my favorite quotes from Jim Carey "Quit breaking the Law bleep bleep"

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
cowboysfan1790

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d'oh! This really is starting to get ridiculous. It's so blatantly obvious this guy is never going to learn from his mistakes, and is nothing but a deviant. If I'm Jeff Fisher, there is no way he would still be on my team, whether the FO or the owner want him there or not.

-Props to OchoCinco for the sig.
Quote:
The Chargers WILL win the Super Bowl this year.

I'm smarter than the average bear!
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man what a joke!

i almost guarantee he has some kind of chemical imbalance. this is unreal, lol i would like to take a line to dedicate to Jone from a Jim Carey production as well "Did you eat paint chip as a kid?"(dumb & dumber)

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
steelcity43

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

horrible he is never going to be back in the nfl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, his name isn't Pacman anymore. It should be just "Adam Jones", his legal name he has to use in court all the time. Until he's able to play another down in the NFL, I think I'm going to call him by his actual name.

At this juncture I don't even think Adam merits a real story, all the legal issues are just getting old, and most of the information is repetitive.
rant67

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! This guy is really done! someone bring him to the Jerry Springer show.

To always be remembered...
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man you guys are quick to jump on him. If you're Jeff Fisher, you DON'T DO ANYTHING YET. While suspended he does not count against the roster or our salary cap, therefore... there's no point in cutting him. We should wait until he does count against us, or Goodell gives him the axe, but we're not giving him the axe when there's no direct need to do so.
LIEY8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Man you guys are quick to jump on him. If you're Jeff Fisher, you DON'T DO ANYTHING YET. While suspended he does not count against the roster or our salary cap, therefore... there's no point in cutting him. We should wait until he does count against us, or Goodell gives him the axe, but we're not giving him the axe when there's no direct need to do so.

When there's no direct need to do so? The guy's had more chances than the Buffalo Bills.

Life Goes On
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Why isnt there a point in cutting him? If this clown doesnt change his ways, he will just keep getting suspended. My question is, how many arrests, citations, investigations, charges is it going to take, to get through his head that he isnt above the law? If I was Fisher or in the Titans front office, this would be the final staw that broke the camels back. He would be gone. I would be tired of issueing statements about this guy. Time to wipe their hands clean.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless... there's just no need to take that action yet. I'd be fine with cutting him but I'm ok with keeping him too cause it's not hurting us financially or taking up space on our roster.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Spiff's point is he's not hurting us right now. [Edit - oops, he beat me to the punch] He's not being paid, he doesn't count against the roster limit and he's not even allowed to be around the team for functions/practice. The only argument I could see is that he's hurting the reputation of the team. But I don't see many "How stupid can Fisher be!" posts in here - just rips on Pacman. So I don't see that he's hurting our reputation anymore.

The other possibility would be if you think the coaches and FO are keeping their fingers crossed that he'll be back. But they've moved on. We signed Harper, Herndon and are trying Griffin out at corner. Fisher's remarks have consistently been "We wish him the best, but we need to move on."

At the same time, I can't see the harm in releasing him right now. I think fans fear that the light will finally come on (if it hasn't already, it never will) and then he'll sign with the Colts and torment us for years. But he needs to be on a roster to serve his suspension. So if we cut him now, some other team would have to sign him knowing that he wouldn't even be allowed near the team for 12 months. Seems unlikely to work out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Regardless... there's just no need to take that action yet. I'd be fine with cutting him but I'm ok with keeping him too cause t's not hurting us financially or taking up space on our roster.

isnt going to make 1.9 million in a roster bonus or something?

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
spush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL as a league and NFL teams try and portray an image.

Image translates to dollars.

I think he'll be cut before camp. They are waiting to get the rookies in to see what they can do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, this is nothing and you guys are jumping on it like hes been in another shootout. wow

If the average joe did it, Im sure he wouldn't get flamed as much. Its not like the guy went looking for trouble, or whatever... Sooo what he wasnt paying his insurance. I dont agree with switching the tags, but i know people who have done it.. and Who hasnt driven on expired tags.

Im not defending anything, because this is simply nothing!
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
lol, this is nothing and you guys are jumping on it like hes been in another shootout. wow

If the average joe did it, Im sure he wouldn't get flamed as much. Its not like the guy went looking for trouble, or whatever... Sooo what he wasnt paying his insurance. I dont agree with switching the tags, but i know people who have done it.. and Who hasnt driven on expired tags.

Im not defending anything, because this is simply nothing!

You're right, deal. Taken as a single incident, this is nothing. If anyone else got pulled over for this, it wouldn't make the news. But don't you think if you had so many run-ins with the cops that you were one step away from losing potentially tens of millions of dollars and your entire professional life, you would avoid doing anything against the law? Including switching plates on a car to avoid paying registration for it? How hard it is not to break the law?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: