Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pac - Man at it again???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that, I think it was stupid for him to switch the tags (if somehow they didnt get missed up) . Truthfully speaking, two of the cars outside, Both Cadillacs, one is a 2001 and one is a 77, both have about the same license plates. There are exactly same except the last number on each one.

NOW, im not making an excuse and saying this is what happened, im just giving personal info on it.

If that didnt happen, I still dont agree with him doing it, But the fact that people are jumping on this with the same re-actions they would have to the action if he shot someone with a gun himself, is just ridiculous.

Switching the plates, I dont agree with, but i wouldnt call him a lowlife, idiot and etc for that. I know people who have done it, and know why they've done it.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
lol, this is nothing and you guys are jumping on it like hes been in another shootout. wow

If the average joe did it, Im sure he wouldn't get flamed as much. Its not like the guy went looking for trouble, or whatever... Sooo what he wasnt paying his insurance. I dont agree with switching the tags, but i know people who have done it.. and Who hasnt driven on expired tags.

Im not defending anything, because this is simply nothing!

You're absolutely right, if this was another player who hadn't gotten in trouble yet, then we probably wouldn't care as much and it wouldn't have been a big deal.

But when it's a player who has countless run-ins with the law, and he gets nailed for something AGAIN, it is absolutely cause for concern. He knows he's already under the microscope, and yet he's trying to take the easy way out once again. To me it's clear that he simply hasn't learned anything for this ordeal and will continue to be the 'thug' he already is. Now, I'm not saying switching your registrations makes you a 'thug.' But when a guy like Pacman is once again getting in trouble with the law, it only adds to his 'thug' reputation. No one should be getting in trouble as much as Pacman does.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
lol, this is nothing and you guys are jumping on it like hes been in another shootout. wow

If the average joe did it, Im sure he wouldn't get flamed as much. Its not like the guy went looking for trouble, or whatever... Sooo what he wasnt paying his insurance. I dont agree with switching the tags, but i know people who have done it.. and Who hasnt driven on expired tags.

You're absolutely right, if this was another player who hadn't gotten in trouble yet, then we probably wouldn't care as much and it wouldn't have been a big deal.

But when it's a player who has countless run-ins with the law, and he gets nailed for something AGAIN, it is absolutely cause for concern. He knows he's already under the microscope, and yet he's trying to take the easy way out once again. To me it's clear that he simply hasn't learned anything for this ordeal and will continue to be the 'thug' he already is. Now, I'm not saying switching your registrations makes you a 'thug.' But when a guy like Pacman is once again getting in trouble with the law, it only adds to his 'thug' reputation. No one should be getting in trouble as much as Pacman does.

I honestly dont see how this shows he hasnt learned his lesson. This has nothing to do with him hanging with the wrong people.. Its a simple stop because of his plates were from Georgia, then they ran further and said, these dont match.

Its simple people would switch a tag because the tag for that car might have been expired.. Stupid to do so, but I dont see how this is as big as people are making it out to be, regardless of who it is.
Irish 11

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
How hard it is not to break the law?

Exactly.

To paraphrase a classic Chris Rock routine:

-"I ain't never been to jail!"

-"You ain't supposed to go to jail, you low expectation havin'...."

therealdeal wrote:
this is nothing

To defend someone by saying the crime they committed is just a minor one is what's known as damnation by faint praise. I've never been arrested in my entire life. I haven't had to try to not get arrested, I've just used my brain and not done illegal things. I don't think it's too much to ask that I expect others to behave the same way.

Quote:
Its simple people would switch a tag because the tag for that car might have been expired.. Stupid to do so, but I dont see how this is as big as people are making it out to be, regardless of who it is.

It's more than just stupid. There is a right way to do things, and a wrong way. The right way is obeying laws, paying registration fees and taxes on cars, etc. The wrong way is the way Adam Jones consistantly behaves.

Adam Jones has shown absolutely no strength of character or willingness to obey the rules of this country, let alone the rules the NFL has laid out for him. The term "what a waste" has been redefined once again.
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
I understand that, I think it was stupid for him to switch the tags (if somehow they didnt get missed up) . Truthfully speaking, two of the cars outside, Both Cadillacs, one is a 2001 and one is a 77, both have about the same license plates. There are exactly same except the last number on each one.

NOW, im not making an excuse and saying this is what happened, im just giving personal info on it.

If that didnt happen, I still dont agree with him doing it, But the fact that people are jumping on this with the same re-actions they would have to the action if he shot someone with a gun himself, is just ridiculous.

Switching the plates, I dont agree with, but i wouldnt call him a lowlife, idiot and etc for that. I know people who have done it, and know why they've done it.
I have 4 cars parked in my driveway that are registered, taxes paid, tagged, and insured by me. 2 of them have the exact same plate number with the exception of the last number. 1 is a 6 and the other is a 7. I'm an average joe and it is not hard to put the right plate on the right car.

Adam Jones switched his plate from a Cadillac to a Lamborgini! That is intentional by all means. My 10 year old can tell the difference from a Cadillac and a Lamborgini so I'm sure Jones can too. My other question is why wasnt this vehicle insured? If I had a Lamborgini, I would def. have that thing insured.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Irish 11

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

Adam Jones switched his plate from a Cadillac to a Lamborgini! That is intentional by all means. My 10 year old can tell the difference from a Cadillac and a Lamborgini so I'm sure Jones can too. My other question is why wasnt this vehicle insured? If I had a Lamborgini, I would def. have that thing insured.

Yeah, that's another thing. Uninsured drivers are just plain selfish and inconsiderate of others. (see a pattern to Adam Jones's behavior?).

How happy would you be if some one wrecked into you and didn't have insurance? Now your company is on the hook for the bill and your rates will suffer.
dasg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a waste of talent????
Texans02

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
I honestly dont see how this shows he hasnt learned his lesson.

It shows he still can't follow the law, even when he knows the NFL has him under the microscope. He was faced with a simple decision: drive one of his many other cars, or go joyriding in his uninsured, unlicensed Lambo. Result: arrested again. That's why this otherwise minor offense means something.

Also, as someone else pointed out, driving w/o insurance is a selfish, disrespectful act. Try getting wrecked by an uninsured driver (like I have been) and see if you still think it's meaningless.

Yes please!
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
It shows he still can't follow the law, even when he knows the NFL has him under the microscope. He was faced with a simple decision: drive one of his many other cars, or go joyriding in his uninsured, unlicensed Lambo. Result: arrested again. That's why this otherwise minor offense means something.

Also, as someone else pointed out, driving w/o insurance is a selfish, disrespectful act. Try getting wrecked by an uninsured driver (like I have been) and see if you still think it's meaningless.

I agree he still can't follow the law. But let's keep the facts straight. He was ticketed (not arrested) for failure to show proof of insurance. As thick-headed as Pac is, it makes no sense for him to drive around uninsured and even if he is that thick-headed, he's going to cost himself 100 times more in damages to his Lamborghini than whoever he happens to get in a wreck with. Plus the problem with uninsured drivers is they have no money to pay for insurance so suing them for damages is pointless as well. I think Pac might still have a little money left to lose in a lawsuit if he's really driving around uninsured.

I'm certainly not defending him, but it seems like every story from him slowly starts trickling away from the facts. And goodness knows the facts themselves are embarrassing enough to him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Titan fans,

It's not the severity of the offense everyone is shocked about. It's the fact that this guy knows he's got a microscope on him. If he so much as gets fined for jaywalking, the media is going to eat it up and yet he continues to break the law. I just don't understand how such a talented player who HAD a bright future ahead of him continues to act like he doesn't give a damn.

I understand that he's not taking up any cap space or any roster spots but he is continuing to be a huge distraction. Instead of the the media asking Jeff Fisher, "How's Paul Williams developing?" or "Is Michael Griffin adapting to the cornerback position?" He's got to deal with Pacman's issues. Now when anyone thinks of the Titans, the first thing that comes to mind is Pacman. Pacman isn't learning his lesson and he's obviously going to do what he wants which tells me that he's going to end up getting cut anyway. Wouldn't it be easier to just get rid him now so the team can avoid those distractions?

Last edited by Art_Vandalay on Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
he's going to cost himself 100 times more in damages to his Lamborghini than whoever he happens to get in a wreck with. Plus the problem with uninsured drivers is they have no money to pay for insurance so suing them for damages is pointless as well. I think Pac might still have a little money left to lose in a lawsuit if he's really driving around uninsured.
Not exactly true here. Theres more to it than lawsuites if he gets into an accident without insurance. It depends on the state. Most states have laws that if you are involved in an injury accident and you dont have a minimum of Liability insurance you can be headed to jail. In my time as an officer of the law, I have arrested 4 people that have been in injury accidents and didnt have liability insur. I have seen accident suits run in the tens of thousand up too 2-3 hundred thousand. Thats not even tomention if he gets into an accident and kills somebody. Then you have lawsuits for wrongful death and such. I have seen those lawsuits in the hundreds of thousands and even millions. Is a lamborgini that expensive to fix? I dont think so.

Sorry, driving with no insurance is one of my pet peves as an officer.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:

You defend Pacman more than anyone.

Dude, it's not the severity, his crimes, haven't been ones like murder, extortion, rape, etc...it's just alot of stupidity over and over. Personally, he oughta just be put on house arrest for his own good. He can't shy away from trouble, controversy or anything like that. Pacman, at this point, doesn't deserve to be in the league. he hasn't proven that he can be a better person, and until he does, he won't get his shot.

He knowing switched the tags so not to pay insurance. That's a crime. He should be ticketed. This guy is a moron. I don't care about him, but I hope for the sake of a life that he can turn his around.

Thanks, Tzimisce
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Not exactly true here. Theres more to it than lawsuites if he gets into an accident without insurance. It depends on the state. Most states have laws that if you are involved in an injury accident and you dont have a minimum of Liability insurance you can be headed to jail. In my time as an officer of the law, I have arrested 4 people that have been in injury accidents and didnt have liability insur. I have seen accident suits run in the tens of thousand up too 2-3 hundred thousand. Thats not even tomention if he gets into an accident and kills somebody. Then you have lawsuits for wrongful death and such. I have seen those lawsuits in the hundreds of thousands and even millions. Is a lamborgini that expensive to fix? I dont think so.

Sorry, driving with no insurance is one of my pet peves as an officer.

No apology needed. I'm just saying he's not the typical uninsured driver who has nothing to lose. He would be a moron to drive uninsured but he's one of the few that could actually pony up for a 2-3 hundred thousand dollar settlement. He's only hurting himself - that was my point.

A question: Since the ticket was simply failure to show proof of insurance, does that mean it's possible he was insured but didn't have his card with him? Or does law enforcement usually not cite you if you really are insured but don't have a card along to prove it?

On a somewhat humorous note, I wonder what Pac's insurance premium is. Can you imagine calculating his risk factor as an insurance agent?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Texans02 wrote:

I agree he still can't follow the law. But let's keep the facts straight. He was ticketed (not arrested) for failure to show proof of insurance. As thick-headed as Pac is, it makes no sense for him to drive around uninsured and even if he is that thick-headed, he's going to cost himsel100 times more in damages to his Lamborghini than whoever he happens to get in a wreck with.f Plus the problem with uninsured drivers is they have no money to pay for insurance so suing them for damages is pointless as well. I think Pac might still have a little money left to lose in a lawsuit if he's really driving around uninsured.

I'm certainly not defending him, but it seems like every story from him slowly starts trickling away from the facts. And goodness knows the facts themselves are embarrassing enough to him.

That statement is pure and simple ignorance. You sound like it's okay cause he has a Lambo. and he only hit a little Honda. And that JACKA** better have enough money for a lawsuit if he does get in an accident. God forbid if he hurts somebody. It takes more money to fix a person than it does to fix a Lambo.

There is always a way to solve problems WITHOUT violence
VY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, an orange Lamborgini is probably the LEAST inconspicuous car he could be driving. That's just screaming to cops, "Pull me over! I'm an idiot!"

I've been ticketed before for failure to show proof of insurance..I had accidentally forgotten to switch out my expired insurance with the new proof. A minor ticket, not that big of a deal.

The Titans will most likely keep Pac all season, so people basically need to quit screaming for his head. For guys complaining about the moral or ethical dilemma behind his whole situation, yea, the Titans' FO has to be tired of the kid, but this is a business. They're not going to cut him if they don't have to. Think about if one of your teams most dynamic players was as dumb as Jones but not costing you anything..you'd want to wait to see how it all pans out. I think the team is more worried about it's investment than the perceived moral wrong doing they are committing. That's their choice, and I really think they'll stick to it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: