Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pac - Man at it again???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titanrick


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 11845
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalLionsFan wrote:
That statement is pure and simple ignorance. You sound like it's okay cause he has a Lambo. and he only hit a little Honda. And that JACKA** better have enough money for a lawsuit if he does get in an accident. God forbid if he hurts somebody. It takes more money to fix a person than it does to fix a Lambo.


With all due respect, I think you completely missed my point. I'm not saying it's ok at all. I'm saying people get outraged by uninsured drivers because they cannot pay for the damages they cause. So if you get hit by one and lose your car or your legs, you're going through financial hardship because of their utter selfishness. I'm not talking about the pain of losing a loved one because that's the same whether the other driver was insured or not. We're talking about money. If Pac did that, he would be sued, lose and be out hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's pure stupidity if he truly does not have insurance. But every time we get a story on him, we have dozens of people jumping to bizarre and misleading conclusions. Suddenly I'm reading that he has been arrested and switched plates to avoid paying insurance. That makes zero sense because switching plates will only increase your chance of being caught without insurance. You switch plates to avoid paying a registration fee which, in most states, is a percentage of the value of the car. So when you're talking a Lamborghini, that's the cost he's cheating on. But boy do we love to pile on with wild accusations and uninformed conclusions.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaze


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 13732
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pac - Man at it again??? Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/titans/2007-07-10-pacman-citations_N.htm

Quote:
Jones was pulled over June 10 at 8:30 a.m. in his orange Lamborghini sports car because the tags did not match the car

Sheriff's deputies said he had switched the plate from another vehicle he owns. He was cited with a registration violation, as well as a residency violation for having a Georgia license and failure to show proof of insurance
Why cant this guy get it through his head!!! What is the purpose of switching the plates from vehicle to vehicle. Is it the fact that he doesn't want to pay the luxurey tax on his Lamborghini or the outrageous insurance to cover a car like that?

As one of my favorite quotes from Jim Carey "Quit breaking the Law bleep bleep"
Its to the point where its just funny now
_________________

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalLionsFan


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 3109
Location: Major California city with NO NFL team
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
CalLionsFan wrote:
That statement is pure and simple ignorance. You sound like it's okay cause he has a Lambo. and he only hit a little Honda. And that JACKA** better have enough money for a lawsuit if he does get in an accident. God forbid if he hurts somebody. It takes more money to fix a person than it does to fix a Lambo.


With all due respect, I think you completely missed my point. I'm not saying it's ok at all. I'm saying people get outraged by uninsured drivers because they cannot pay for the damages they cause. So if you get hit by one and lose your car or your legs, you're going through financial hardship because of their utter selfishness. I'm not talking about the pain of losing a loved one because that's the same whether the other driver was insured or not. We're talking about money. If Pac did that, he would be sued, lose and be out hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's pure stupidity if he truly does not have insurance. But every time we get a story on him, we have dozens of people jumping to bizarre and misleading conclusions. Suddenly I'm reading that he has been arrested and switched plates to avoid paying insurance. That makes zero sense because switching plates will only increase your chance of being caught without insurance. You switch plates to avoid paying a registration fee which, in most states, is a percentage of the value of the car. So when you're talking a Lamborghini, that's the cost he's cheating on. But boy do we love to pile on with wild accusations and uninformed conclusions.


Yes, I did miss your point. That explanation is better. I do agree that everyone( not literally) jumps before knowing ALL the facts and next thing you know the Lambo will be a stolen car w/ texas plates off a cadi. from delaware. But come on, if you can't figure out which plate and sticker goes on on which car, you should have only one damn car.
I know people jump on Pacman, myself included sometimes, but you gotta admit, he makes it easy.
_________________
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles, that you realize......

There is always a way to solve problems WITHOUT violence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 11845
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalLionsFan wrote:
Yes, I did miss your point. That explanation is better. I do agree that everyone( not literally) jumps before knowing ALL the facts and next thing you know the Lambo will be a stolen car w/ texas plates off a cadi. from delaware. But come on, if you can't figure out which plate and sticker goes on on which car, you should have only one damn car.
I know people jump on Pacman, myself included sometimes, but you gotta admit, he makes it easy.


Could not agree more. He deserves every bit of it. I don't think he just made some simple mistake with the wrong plates. That's clearly a move to avoid having to pay registration fees on it. You don't just come out of the house one morning and "mistakenly" switch license plates on your cars. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalLionsFan


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 3109
Location: Major California city with NO NFL team
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
CalLionsFan wrote:
Yes, I did miss your point. That explanation is better. I do agree that everyone( not literally) jumps before knowing ALL the facts and next thing you know the Lambo will be a stolen car w/ texas plates off a cadi. from delaware. But come on, if you can't figure out which plate and sticker goes on on which car, you should have only one damn car.
I know people jump on Pacman, myself included sometimes, but you gotta admit, he makes it easy.


Could not agree more. He deserves every bit of it. I don't think he just made some simple mistake with the wrong plates. That's clearly a move to avoid having to pay registration fees on it. You don't just come out of the house one morning and "mistakenly" switch license plates on your cars. Rolling Eyes


OOPS! Embarassed
_________________
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles, that you realize......

There is always a way to solve problems WITHOUT violence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GRRLacher


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 20640
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question right now is this.... How much embarrassment are the Titans willing to keep on taking?

It doesn't matter if Pacman is counting against the roster or the payroll at all, the problem is that he is a Titan and everything he does reflects on the Titans organization and right now they look like idiots.

Tank Johnson was making the Bears look like morons for giving him chances and he got the boot. Pacman will continue to do this stupid stuff as long as someone is supplying him with a paycheck.

Cut him loose, move on.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 11845
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
The real question right now is this.... How much embarrassment are the Titans willing to keep on taking?

It doesn't matter if Pacman is counting against the roster or the payroll at all, the problem is that he is a Titan and everything he does reflects on the Titans organization and right now they look like idiots.

Tank Johnson was making the Bears look like morons for giving him chances and he got the boot. Pacman will continue to do this stupid stuff as long as someone is supplying him with a paycheck.

Cut him loose, move on.


The truth is we're not supplying him with a paycheck. He no longer makes the NFL look stupid because they suspended him. Do you really think to yourself "What a lousy organization the Titans are" every time you see his name in the paper? Or do you think "What a moron Pacman is"? I'm honestly curious. Being a Titans fan, I'm way too biased to trust my own judgment on it. I get the feeling people have disassociated the Titans with him now that he's suspended and let's face it - unlikely to ever return.

I think the Tank release is problematic for the Titans. Sure Jones is more talented but that was certainly a case of drawing a line and then sticking to it. I applaud the Bears for that move given Tank wasn't even legally drunk. I wish I knew what Fisher/Reinfeldt are thinking. I'm positive they are planning as if he will never play another game for us. I'm just not sure if they're trying to get something for him or just waiting for the right time (legally and financially) to part ways.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalLionsFan


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 3109
Location: Major California city with NO NFL team
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Titans are possibly waiting to see if they can "get something" for him, it is possible. BUT, his contract with whoever will have so many clauses in it for "if you do this, you're fired" that it won't even be funny. But I wouldn't worry about that. It just seems to me that, (almost) every time there is a NFL player in (some sort) trouble, guess who's name pops up ?
I think Goodell will eventually kick him out of the league all together and give the Titans an extra (compensation) pick in the next draft.
_________________
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles, that you realize......

There is always a way to solve problems WITHOUT violence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21606
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:
The real question right now is this.... How much embarrassment are the Titans willing to keep on taking?

It doesn't matter if Pacman is counting against the roster or the payroll at all, the problem is that he is a Titan and everything he does reflects on the Titans organization and right now they look like idiots.

Tank Johnson was making the Bears look like morons for giving him chances and he got the boot. Pacman will continue to do this stupid stuff as long as someone is supplying him with a paycheck.

Cut him loose, move on.


The truth is we're not supplying him with a paycheck. He no longer makes the NFL look stupid because they suspended him. Do you really think to yourself "What a lousy organization the Titans are" every time you see his name in the paper? Or do you think "What a moron Pacman is"? I'm honestly curious. Being a Titans fan, I'm way too biased to trust my own judgment on it. I get the feeling people have disassociated the Titans with him now that he's suspended and let's face it - unlikely to ever return.

I think the Tank release is problematic for the Titans. Sure Jones is more talented but that was certainly a case of drawing a line and then sticking to it. I applaud the Bears for that move given Tank wasn't even legally drunk. I wish I knew what Fisher/Reinfeldt are thinking. I'm positive they are planning as if he will never play another game for us. I'm just not sure if they're trying to get something for him or just waiting for the right time (legally and financially) to part ways.


TR, you may be right about the paycheck, but GRR is right. It may not cost Tennessee anything to keep Pacman, but as long as he is technically their property, these stupid decisions are going to effect the way they look as a franchise.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HeySteelers


Joined: 16 Nov 2006
Posts: 6132
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I want his car!
Know what sickens me? Guys who have so much damn potential and waste it
away by being stupid.

Pacman is a loser.. Keep him in a cage till the game starts.. Thats my solution..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
therealdeal


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 10435
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
titanrick wrote:
he's going to cost himself 100 times more in damages to his Lamborghini than whoever he happens to get in a wreck with. Plus the problem with uninsured drivers is they have no money to pay for insurance so suing them for damages is pointless as well. I think Pac might still have a little money left to lose in a lawsuit if he's really driving around uninsured.
Not exactly true here. Theres more to it than lawsuites if he gets into an accident without insurance. It depends on the state. Most states have laws that if you are involved in an injury accident and you dont have a minimum of Liability insurance you can be headed to jail. In my time as an officer of the law, I have arrested 4 people that have been in injury accidents and didnt have liability insur. I have seen accident suits run in the tens of thousand up too 2-3 hundred thousand. Thats not even tomention if he gets into an accident and kills somebody. Then you have lawsuits for wrongful death and such. I have seen those lawsuits in the hundreds of thousands and even millions. Is a lamborgini that expensive to fix? I dont think so.

Sorry, driving with no insurance is one of my pet peves as an officer.



HAVING to pay for insurance on every car is one of my pet peeves as a citizen, sorry Laughing


But anyway.. lets get the facts straight here. IMO, what hes been pulled over for is not as serious as you guys are making it out to be, regardless of who the guy is. I think many are blowing it out of proportion just because its Adam Jones, and the guy cant stop misbehaving to put himself in the media.. But heres the thing, right here.. He wasn't misbehaving.. He made a stupid decision, and this decision didn't put anyone live's at risk.

So thats the point im making.. Many are blowing it out of proportion and yet again bringing up the older incidents saying, the guy is still a heartless, selfish thug.. What in the world does not paying your insurance have to do with you being selfish.


Lets all be realistic here.. Would i drive un-insured? Nope.. Do I know people who do? Yes// Regardless of their past do I think they're low lives for doing it? Heck No.


Final statement.. Majority of you guys are blowing this waaaay out of proportion, and honestly turning it into something bigger than what it really is.
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
therealdeal


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 10435
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
titanrick wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:
The real question right now is this.... How much embarrassment are the Titans willing to keep on taking?

It doesn't matter if Pacman is counting against the roster or the payroll at all, the problem is that he is a Titan and everything he does reflects on the Titans organization and right now they look like idiots.

Tank Johnson was making the Bears look like morons for giving him chances and he got the boot. Pacman will continue to do this stupid stuff as long as someone is supplying him with a paycheck.

Cut him loose, move on.


The truth is we're not supplying him with a paycheck. He no longer makes the NFL look stupid because they suspended him. Do you really think to yourself "What a lousy organization the Titans are" every time you see his name in the paper? Or do you think "What a moron Pacman is"? I'm honestly curious. Being a Titans fan, I'm way too biased to trust my own judgment on it. I get the feeling people have disassociated the Titans with him now that he's suspended and let's face it - unlikely to ever return.

I think the Tank release is problematic for the Titans. Sure Jones is more talented but that was certainly a case of drawing a line and then sticking to it. I applaud the Bears for that move given Tank wasn't even legally drunk. I wish I knew what Fisher/Reinfeldt are thinking. I'm positive they are planning as if he will never play another game for us. I'm just not sure if they're trying to get something for him or just waiting for the right time (legally and financially) to part ways.


TR, you may be right about the paycheck, but GRR is right. It may not cost Tennessee anything to keep Pacman, but as long as he is technically their property, these stupid decisions are going to effect the way they look as a franchise.



I live here.. In Nashville that is. and im in all the surrounding parts because of what I do for a living.. And im telling you the honest truth.. From the people ive been around, who are all from different backgrounds and etc, dont look at the titans in a bad way because of Pacman.

And, I honestly dont believe actual fans look at them in a bad way.

The Titans sell out almost every seat, every game of the season.. That wont change because of him. Now, the Titans have two Games on Monday Night Football.. its been years since we've been on a primetime game.


The Media makes it look like people do, but just being sure.. People look at Pacman as being Pacman, and the titans as being the Titans

and heres the funny part

Instead of people making the titans look like fools, its the media who they are making look like fools.. Local Media that is


On the Local Channel 5 News, about a week ago, the guy said these words "How about it Bud, is it time to let Pacman Go"

The media is begging because they want to be right, Pacman doesnt even talk to our local media anymore.. And they're pissed
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20400
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
Pacman will continue to do this stupid stuff as long as someone is supplying him with a paycheck.

Cut him loose, move on.


The trouble is that the Titans can't cut PacMan Jones because the NFL's CBA prevents measures like that. The only time they can cut a player (especially a high draft pick) is if they don't feel that he can play football at the level necessary to make the team. If they were to cut him, his attorney and the player's union can actually file a grievance and sue the team and the NFL. That's what Quincy Carter did when the Cowboys cut him 3 years ago. Because he was still considered to be able to play at the NFL level, cutting him violated the CBA...and Quincy won that lawsuit. The Cowboys were forced to buy him out of the rest of his contract as well as pay him an undisclosed amount in damages.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Barnett56


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 12611
Location: Gone
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even feel bad for him even more, and I don't like him anymore. If people are that stupid, they should never get another chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NINERFAN_4_LIFE


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 12513
Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIEY8 wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Man you guys are quick to jump on him. If you're Jeff Fisher, you DON'T DO ANYTHING YET. While suspended he does not count against the roster or our salary cap, therefore... there's no point in cutting him. We should wait until he does count against us, or Goodell gives him the axe, but we're not giving him the axe when there's no direct need to do so.


When there's no direct need to do so? The guy's had more chances than the Buffalo Bills.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
imani wrote:
We got so lucky last season

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group