Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eli Manning criticizes Tiki Barber
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
Manning isn't a leader. He won't be this year either, and he shouldn't be talking bad about the single reason the Giants went to the playoffs last year.

No Tiki was above the team and had the players taking sides against the coaching staff.If anything they made it in spite of him.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:
Manning isn't a leader. He won't be this year either, and he shouldn't be talking bad about the single reason the Giants went to the playoffs last year.

No Tiki was above the team and had the players taking sides against the coaching staff.If anything they made it in spite of him.

Did you watch that last game of the regular season? If it wasn't for Barber, the Redskins, who had absolutely nothing to play for would have won. Barber single handedly won that game with some help from his linemen.
icebox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
This is the year that Eli needs to step up, be a leader, and play the quarterback position like a true Manning should.
If he disappoints again, he will be gone and out of New York City.

I wonder if he'll end up with the Bears. Think
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a surprise, a giant running his mouth Rolling Eyes

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
Enrage

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like Eli, but I think he will play well this season. I think Eli has the ability but it needs t be refined. Peyton had the same problem, averaging 20 ints a season for his first 5 years.

As for Tiki, he was a great player but you can't be a positive leader and be vocal against your coach. IMO the best leadership is quiet leadership. If he just suited up every week and played well, I would have a lot more respect for him.

The Mégane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icebox wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
This is the year that Eli needs to step up, be a leader, and play the quarterback position like a true Manning should.
If he disappoints again, he will be gone and out of New York City.

I wonder if he'll end up with the Bears. Think

Eli is going nowhere. he is a #1 overall pick and has been decent enough.

Giants gave him an extension this offseason and obviously have faith in him since we have no viable backup QB whatsoever.

If he plays poorly this season, (actually bad, as in worse then he has played so far in his career) we might sign a veteran for competition.

Eli is gonna be a Giant for at least 2 seasons. I think for a LONG time after that also. Dudes gonna be a great player
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Tiki Barber Saved Eli's butt Now we will find how how truly bad a qb he is

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:

Did you watch that last game of the regular season? If it wasn't for Barber, the Redskins, who had absolutely nothing to play for would have won. Barber single handedly won that game with some help from his linemen.

Yes I did.I remember it quite well.It was a Saturday night game.He did come through on what was his possible last game of his career. I am talking about the whole second half when all the distractions started.
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Eli Has the manning name but no where near the talent.

He has been outplayed by the three qb he was picked ahead of.

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
TEXAS LEGEND

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:
Manning isn't a leader.

Care to back that statement up?
I don't think he's a leader quite yet either every one can talk the talk you gotta back it up not only with your play but in your relationships with your team mates he doesn't have enough of a bond with his 2 best recievers case and point they never want to come in and work out they wanna do it away from the team I don't see his brother putting up with that and he would have said something movated them thats what leaders do
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

TEXAS LEGEND wrote:
mlv wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:
Manning isn't a leader.

Care to back that statement up?
I don't think he's a leader quite yet either every one can talk the talk you gotta back it up not only with your play but in your relationships with your team mates he doesn't have enough of a bond with his 2 best recievers case and point they never want to come in and work out they wanna do it away from the team I don't see his brother putting up with that and he would have said something movated them thats what leaders do

Hes not a leader

when the giants are loosing or lost you ever see him take any responsibility? study harder make plays lead by example he does none of that

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

mlv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

[quote="STELRFAN"]hes not a leader

when the giants are loosing or lost you ever see him take any responsibility? study harder make plays lead by example he does none of that[/quote]

You are wrong.

Eli absolutely says he needs to play better when he has a bad game during post game interviews. I think you are confusing Eli with Tiki Barber, who never failed to criticize the coaching staff and always succeeded in avoiding blame when he played poorly this year. Anyone remember the play towards the end of the game against the Eagles at Giants stadium, when Barber gave that half-assed effort to knock down Eli's batted ball and blew it completely, allowing the Sheldon Brown TD? Somehow that was Eli's fault according to Coughlin, which was simply amazing, and Eli still said he needed to play better. Tiki didn't own up to it, even though that play was 100% his fault. Some leader.

Eli needs to "study harder"? Not once has he EVER been criticized because of his work ethic, or lack thereof, be it in the weight room, the film room or the practice field. So stop making baseless assumptions.

He doesn't "make plays"? How about that bomb to Burress in Dallas? The throw to Plax in OT against Philly in Week 2? There are more, but those 2 were the most impressive from 2006.

Eli is unflappable. He is perfect for New York because in 3 seasons he has yet to have a media blowup. Leaders don't have to always be vocal, leaders also lead by example. Eli isn't going to grab Burress by the facemask because he messed up on a route, it's just not his style. He's not a fiery guy.

One last thing, how come when all of the Miami guys work out at the U (Santana Moss, Edge James with Indy), their QBs didn't have to do better jobs of being leaders according to the media? Answer: Eli is the easiest target in pro sports.
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

What big game has he won?

Whats his playoff record?

Whats his career completion %

Td-Int Ratio

?

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

mlv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

[quote="STELRFAN"]What big game has he won?

Whats his playoff record?

Whats his career completion %

Td-Int Ratio[/quote]

Amusing, really. The bottom line is people like you will always hate Eli, no matter what he does, but just to appease you, I'll bite.

The New York Giants are 0-2 in postseason games started by Eli Manning.
I'd also like to point out that Eli has taken the Giants to the playoffs twice in 2 full years as a starter, the second time despite the fact the team was decimated by injuries.

His career completion percentage is 54.1%, and I would like it to be higher, but part of it has to be attributed to the loss of Petitgout and the lack of WR depth behind Toomer for 2006. It's also increased by each year over the last 3 seasons.

He's thrown 54 TDs and 44 INTs, 48 TDs and 35 INTs in his 2 full years as a starter.
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

furthermore I want to point out that Eli Manning had a very good playoff game this past season.

So idk where people are coming from when they use that arguement....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: