Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Orleans to Host NFL Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
The Super Bowl can move...why not the draft location? Let other cities get in on the fun! Like mentioned earlier, the SEC areas would probably eat this up. In NO, I could imagine LSU fans turning it into an awesome tailgating event. College fans everywhere would be out in full force I think.

Yeah it would be great for small-market teams. Get a good buzz going in the city.
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans is like a bum on the corner asking for handouts nowadays.

The Draft should stay in NYC. Always has been here, always should be here.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantRutgersFan wrote:

pretty rude comment there, my man.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a football fan: Great to see new life and fans

As an American: Great for a city

As someone who works in NYC and have never been lucky to see the draft: I'm not happy at all

It's a good idea, but I'd prefer it going up north. New Orleans, Miami, San Diego, etc... get the Super Bowls, primarily, so I'd like to see it go to Chicago, Seattle, etc... Not really fair to have all the big events in the same place.

...but New York is still my favorite Wink

Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC can always have the Heisman Trophy awards.

i say move the draft around to a new NFL city every year.

Webmaster wrote:
panthersfo'life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it if it came down to Charlotte or even Atlanta so i can see it.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
I have been there since the crap storm. That place is cleaner and smells better than it has in decades. Call it heartless call it hating, I just dont see the point in dumping more money into a city thats below sea level and could very well face the same storm in just a matter of years. If I built a town on a volcanic island people would not feel bad for me, they would say look at this moron who lost everything because he built his house on a volcanoe. Sorry people are hurting right now, but I dont feel a responsibility whatsoever to send money that way.

BECAUSE, its not your responsibility. No one's telling you to go spend your money down there.. You're "for no reason at all" downing the idea of putting the draft in N.O sometimes.. What in the world is wrong with that?

And by your crazy comment about the sea level.. What if you built the house of your dreams in a town whose elevation is a bit high. A tornado comes through and tears the house of your dream up.. Would You build the house of your dreams that made you happy again, or would you just forget it? ..... Forgetting is quiting and thats what we call weak... Not smart

Last edited by therealdeal on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantRutgersFan wrote:

The Draft should stay in NYC. Always has been here, always should be here.

But why? If something has always been the way it was, should it stay that way? If everything did, you wouldn't have as much excitement as you do right now watching sports, or anything else you may do for entertainment.
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely go to every single draft if they moved it here. Problem is the draft often (always?) coincides with Jazz Fest, so I would think hotels may be pretty filled up. Would like for Jazzfest to get pushed back a week.
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
I have been there since the crap storm. That place is cleaner and smells better than it has in decades. Call it heartless call it hating, I just dont see the point in dumping more money into a city thats below sea level and could very well face the same storm in just a matter of years. If I built a town on a volcanic island people would not feel bad for me, they would say look at this moron who lost everything because he built his house on a volcanoe. Sorry people are hurting right now, but I dont feel a responsibility whatsoever to send money that way.

BECAUSE, its not your responsibility. No one's telling you to go spend your money down there.. You're "for no reason at all" downing the idea of putting the draft in N.O sometimes.. What in the world is wrong with that?

And by your crazy comment about the sea level.. What if you built the house of your dreams in a town whose elevation is a bit high. A tornado comes through and tears the house of your dream up.. Would You build the house of your dreams that made you happy again, or would you just forget it? ..... Forgetting is quiting and thats what we call weak... Not smart

LOL. I see your point man. However I am not into spending money in a place that has the potential to be destroyed again. I understand your comment about a house on a hill and a tornado, but you would have to be retarded to build one there, and twice as stupid to rebuild in the same place.

I dont want my argument to turn into some sort of malicious diatribe that ignores what happend down there, but I don't know how else to convey my opinion on why we shouldnt rebuild there.

your whole line forgetting is quitting? WTH does that mean. If i ever had a dream that I would build a house on a mountain i hope that someone would wake me up by hitting me with a tac hammer. I understand your point that its your dream but come on who dreams like that?

Your last sentence sounds like it came straight from a GI JOE episode.

Events are not only special because of the events that take place but by the unique cities and buildings in which they take place. Would someone be in favor of moving the Sugar Bowl? What about moving Mardi Gras? ( I hear Panama City could pull it off LOL)

Its hard to deabte this without coming off like a cold hearted bad guy, but it's just my opinion. I hope nobody has been offended.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
Its hard to deabte this without coming off like a cold hearted bad guy, but it's just my opinion. I hope nobody has been offended.

let's all just leave it at that, move on, and get back to the real topic.

thanks.

Webmaster wrote:
ILuvMyAints123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be fabulous, and this is not just because New Orleans is a possibility. I would love to see the draft moved around to create a big stir in cities about their chances next year. I would be dissapointed if was not in a football town though, because then it defeats the purpose and should stay in New York. I read the article to my dad today, and he was like ok huryy up son get online and buy 4 tickets. I was like dad chill come on it is just talk.

Shock #26 Awe #25
Pick-The-Winner Contest Total: 620
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love it. I can afford to travel to New Orleans.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the city it's going to be hosted by, the draft should be a mobile event, that way other NFL teams fans can experience being at the draft.

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree that the draft should move between the cities, then again i think the SB should move between all of the cities too not just the same 5 sites.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: