Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Orleans to Host NFL Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jagz4life


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Posts: 35586
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
The Super Bowl can move...why not the draft location? Let other cities get in on the fun! Like mentioned earlier, the SEC areas would probably eat this up. In NO, I could imagine LSU fans turning it into an awesome tailgating event. College fans everywhere would be out in full force I think.


Yeah it would be great for small-market teams. Get a good buzz going in the city.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GiantRutgersFan


Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 895
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans is like a bum on the corner asking for handouts nowadays.


The Draft should stay in NYC. Always has been here, always should be here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72824
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantRutgersFan wrote:
New Orleans is like a bum on the corner asking for handouts nowadays.


pretty rude comment there, my man.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConvenientTruth


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 17087
Location: Taco Bell
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a football fan: Great to see new life and fans

As an American: Great for a city

As someone who works in NYC and have never been lucky to see the draft: I'm not happy at all

It's a good idea, but I'd prefer it going up north. New Orleans, Miami, San Diego, etc... get the Super Bowls, primarily, so I'd like to see it go to Chicago, Seattle, etc... Not really fair to have all the big events in the same place.

...but New York is still my favorite Wink
_________________


Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72824
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC can always have the Heisman Trophy awards.

i say move the draft around to a new NFL city every year.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
panthersfo'life


Joined: 26 Jan 2007
Posts: 6163
Location: Elf Tower, New Mexico
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it if it came down to Charlotte or even Atlanta so i can see it.
_________________
[quote="Mike Matt 2011 in the freakiest looking fruit thread"]I opened this thread expecting to see a picture of Richard Simmons...[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
therealdeal


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 10435
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
I have been there since the crap storm. That place is cleaner and smells better than it has in decades. Call it heartless call it hating, I just dont see the point in dumping more money into a city thats below sea level and could very well face the same storm in just a matter of years. If I built a town on a volcanic island people would not feel bad for me, they would say look at this moron who lost everything because he built his house on a volcanoe. Sorry people are hurting right now, but I dont feel a responsibility whatsoever to send money that way.



BECAUSE, its not your responsibility. No one's telling you to go spend your money down there.. You're "for no reason at all" downing the idea of putting the draft in N.O sometimes.. What in the world is wrong with that?

And by your crazy comment about the sea level.. What if you built the house of your dreams in a town whose elevation is a bit high. A tornado comes through and tears the house of your dream up.. Would You build the house of your dreams that made you happy again, or would you just forget it? ..... Forgetting is quiting and thats what we call weak... Not smart
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!


Last edited by therealdeal on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
therealdeal


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 10435
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantRutgersFan wrote:
New Orleans is like a bum on the corner asking for handouts nowadays.


The Draft should stay in NYC. Always has been here, always should be here.



But why? If something has always been the way it was, should it stay that way? If everything did, you wouldn't have as much excitement as you do right now watching sports, or anything else you may do for entertainment.
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THRILLHO


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 3089
Location: New Orleans, LA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely go to every single draft if they moved it here. Problem is the draft often (always?) coincides with Jazz Fest, so I would think hotels may be pretty filled up. Would like for Jazzfest to get pushed back a week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeorgiaBoy367


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 4864
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
I have been there since the crap storm. That place is cleaner and smells better than it has in decades. Call it heartless call it hating, I just dont see the point in dumping more money into a city thats below sea level and could very well face the same storm in just a matter of years. If I built a town on a volcanic island people would not feel bad for me, they would say look at this moron who lost everything because he built his house on a volcanoe. Sorry people are hurting right now, but I dont feel a responsibility whatsoever to send money that way.



BECAUSE, its not your responsibility. No one's telling you to go spend your money down there.. You're "for no reason at all" downing the idea of putting the draft in N.O sometimes.. What in the world is wrong with that?

And by your crazy comment about the sea level.. What if you built the house of your dreams in a town whose elevation is a bit high. A tornado comes through and tears the house of your dream up.. Would You build the house of your dreams that made you happy again, or would you just forget it? ..... Forgetting is quiting and thats what we call weak... Not smart


LOL. I see your point man. However I am not into spending money in a place that has the potential to be destroyed again. I understand your comment about a house on a hill and a tornado, but you would have to be retarded to build one there, and twice as stupid to rebuild in the same place.

I dont want my argument to turn into some sort of malicious diatribe that ignores what happend down there, but I don't know how else to convey my opinion on why we shouldnt rebuild there.

your whole line forgetting is quitting? WTH does that mean. If i ever had a dream that I would build a house on a mountain i hope that someone would wake me up by hitting me with a tac hammer. I understand your point that its your dream but come on who dreams like that?

Your last sentence sounds like it came straight from a GI JOE episode.

Events are not only special because of the events that take place but by the unique cities and buildings in which they take place. Would someone be in favor of moving the Sugar Bowl? What about moving Mardi Gras? ( I hear Panama City could pull it off LOL)

Its hard to deabte this without coming off like a cold hearted bad guy, but it's just my opinion. I hope nobody has been offended.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72824
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
Its hard to deabte this without coming off like a cold hearted bad guy, but it's just my opinion. I hope nobody has been offended.


let's all just leave it at that, move on, and get back to the real topic.

thanks.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ILuvMyAints123


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 2020
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be fabulous, and this is not just because New Orleans is a possibility. I would love to see the draft moved around to create a big stir in cities about their chances next year. I would be dissapointed if was not in a football town though, because then it defeats the purpose and should stay in New York. I read the article to my dad today, and he was like ok huryy up son get online and buy 4 tickets. I was like dad chill come on it is just talk.
_________________


Shock #26 Awe #25
Pick-The-Winner Contest Total: 620
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11920
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love it. I can afford to travel to New Orleans.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpacemanSpiff


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 8000
Location: Gainesville, Florida
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the city it's going to be hosted by, the draft should be a mobile event, that way other NFL teams fans can experience being at the draft.
_________________



Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos_fan _from _uk


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 9083
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree that the draft should move between the cities, then again i think the SB should move between all of the cities too not just the same 5 sites.
_________________
When you base your opinions off of facts instead of searching for facts that support your opinions you will find yourself often the contrarian but rarely the fool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group