Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Orleans to Host NFL Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bensonblows

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
I have been there since the crap storm. That place is cleaner and smells better than it has in decades. Call it heartless call it hating, I just dont see the point in dumping more money into a city thats below sea level and could very well face the same storm in just a matter of years. If I built a town on a volcanic island people would not feel bad for me, they would say look at this moron who lost everything because he built his house on a volcanoe. Sorry people are hurting right now, but I dont feel a responsibility whatsoever to send money that way.

BECAUSE, its not your responsibility. No one's telling you to go spend your money down there.. You're "for no reason at all" downing the idea of putting the draft in N.O sometimes.. What in the world is wrong with that?

And by your crazy comment about the sea level.. What if you built the house of your dreams in a town whose elevation is a bit high. A tornado comes through and tears the house of your dream up.. Would You build the house of your dreams that made you happy again, or would you just forget it? ..... Forgetting is quiting and thats what we call weak... Not smart

LOL. I see your point man. However I am not into spending money in a place that has the potential to be destroyed again.

Los Angeles could be destroyed by an earthquake.
New York, Miami, etc. could be destroyed by hurricanes.
You could go on and on.

Please bring the draft to New Orleans.
John232

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people cant afford to move georgia boy, its not that easy to just pick up and move. plus, some people love their home. once again, its also NO, probably the richest most uniqe city in america next to SF, if not more than SF.

I never understood why they have the draft JUST in nyc. I would like to see the draft in SJ(middle of oak and SF)

xsaMainevent on the sig
js.HippiE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the draft should be in NY IMO

its tradition

Im Really Cool
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bensonblows wrote:
Los Angeles could be destroyed by an earthquake.
New York, Miami, etc. could be destroyed by hurricanes.
You could go on and on.

Please bring the draft to New Orleans.

All good points, I am not going to get into my opinion of LA and NY or Miami for that matter. This is only one persons opinion sorry if it offended.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft should be at different cities every year just like the superbowl should be played at all NFL cities at least once before it returns to the first one. I know some will say having the superbowl in a cold weather location wouldn't work but isn't playing in the elements a natural part of the game?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to the ignorant people saying. "the drafts always been in NYC, and it always should be." your serious, that things shouldnt ever change?

Personally itshould change every year.
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BakeNasty19 wrote:
to the ignorant people saying. "the drafts always been in NYC, and it always should be." your serious, that things shouldnt ever change?

Personally it should change every year.

I get your opinion. But whats next? College bowl games? Again part of what makes an event special are the cities and people that host these events.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been personally been wondering if the NFL would ever move the NFL Draft from city to city every off season. This might be okay. But I tell ya', just the fact of visiting the great city of New York and seeing what they have to offer. Such as Jets fans chanting J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!! no matter who is on the clock! It's great. Where ever they decide to go I will be there.

To always be remembered...
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

js.HippiE wrote:

its tradition

Yeah, I agree. Plus, this year is going to be my last in such close proximity to the city, and I really want to go next April.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
js.HippiE wrote:

its tradition

Yeah, I agree. Plus, this year is going to be my last in such close proximity to the city, and I really want to go next April.

Says the guys from New York. If Sesame Street has taught us anything, it is sharing is good. Wink

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
MotleyCrue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take it out of new york, jets fans can get really rediculous during the draft. Then again, they do need SOMETHING to cheer for Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that NY is a great place for the draft, and it should stay there. Actually my friend just asked why the NFL Draft doesn't move from city to city each year.

My NFL Draft Thread
xtremeskinssuck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
I have been there since the crap storm. That place is cleaner and smells better than it has in decades. Call it heartless call it hating, I just dont see the point in dumping more money into a city thats below sea level and could very well face the same storm in just a matter of years. If I built a town on a volcanic island people would not feel bad for me, they would say look at this moron who lost everything because he built his house on a volcanoe. Sorry people are hurting right now, but I dont feel a responsibility whatsoever to send money that way.
It's not just New Orleans. Ever hear about earthquakes and wildfires in California, hurricanes in Florida, floods and tornadoes in the Midwest? You have the right not to care about anybody else, but to think that New Orleans is the only place that faces any natural disasters is pretty naive. Building a city below sea level is stupid, I understand, but it's what people do nowadays. We build houses that slide off of mountains because they were built on the edge, that get flooded because we put them on the Mississippi, homes and hotels in Florida that get rocked by hurricanes, and trailers in tornado alley. Half of the country is under some type of threat from a natural disaster that we ignore until it happens, and yet we still build our homes in the dumbest places, because of greed.
OttoG-nation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First a word on New Orleans:
I love the city. I spent some time there this spring working on reconstruction efforts in St. Bernardís Parish and the lower 9th ward and anyone who believes that the area has recovered or is just milking the tragedy is very wrong. I was based out of Violet LA which is a solid 40 minutes out of the city and every time we'd drive into the city we would see only a handful of houses that had been fully rebuilt. Yes, the French Quarter (which is actually the geographically highest part of the city) and other parts of the city have recovered but masses of people are still suffering. In St. Bernardís perish the population went from around 70,000 before the storm to less than 20,000 currently and there is only one school open for the entire county. Yes, there is crime and there are gangs but really what city can say they are free of such aspects. The people of the area are generally some of the kindest and warmest I have ever met in my life. No one can look at the disaster that has been the recovery efforts and not feel that the people of New Orleans have gotten far less than should be expected in such a situation. Yet, despite this mistreatment the people havenít lost their spirit and New Orleans is still one of the most alive and soulful places Iíve ever been. Also the music is amazing. Iím sorry if that is a bit preachy.

As for the draft:
Iíd be happy to see it move and think New Orleans would be a great location but not the best. I mentioned this in another post awhile ago but Iíd like the draft moved to Canton. For most of the year people talk about the Hall of Fame in a very abstract manner. Save one weekend a year when there is a big ceremony and a pretty awful preseason game the city and the Hall get pretty much no love. Iím a big fan of league history and feel that as football takes its place as the most dominant sport in America itís important to not forget the people who built the league. The current debate over the medical treatment of aging NFL veterans underscores the tremendous disconnect that exists between the game today and previous players. While the rookies selected in the draft will have to earn their way into Canton having the ceremony there will give them something to shoot for other than a massive signing bonus. Furthermore, it is good to remind the rookies that even if they are taken in the 1st round he still has a long way to go before he earns his keep in the ranks of Johnny U or Jim Brown.

Thanks for the sig SoxNats07
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it in New York.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Tradition..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: