Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins Terminate Daunte Culpeppers contract
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Dolphins Terminate Daunte Culpeppers contract Reply with quote

NFL live
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official.

www.kffl.com wrote:
Dolphins | Culpepper released
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:17:17 -0700

The Miami Dolphins have announced they have terminated the contract of QB Daunte Culpepper.

Props to El ramster for the sig
mjprams

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I wonder who will sign him. He will probobly be limited to backup duties though.
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagsfan18 wrote:
It's official.

www.kffl.com wrote:
Dolphins | Culpepper released
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:17:17 -0700

The Miami Dolphins have announced they have terminated the contract of QB Daunte Culpepper.

Do you think the jags getting him would be a good move?
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/17/dolphins-cut-daunte-culpepper/

Before posting in the News forum. Search for a link for news article most sites post breaking news fairly quickly.

Thanks guys.

But anyways, it was a good move by Miami and for Culpepper. Next question will be will the arbitration meeting get cancelled or not\?

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Justice. Gotta love this as a Viking fan. I honestly hope no one picks him up. Wow, Culpepper pushed himself out of the Vikings organization two years ago to now being unemployed in late July. I think The Jags makes the most sence with Mike Tice.

People, please do not say he is coming to MN because that will not happen in a zillion years since Culpepper publicy spoke out against Childress and the organization and did everything to get out.

I think it is funny how culpepper wanted so hard to be back home in Florida and now is a castoff.
patsfan4life999

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who will sign hiim know will it be the jaguars
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark my words.....if Culpepper is signed by the Jags, Garrard will be released

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
VINCanity10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think David Garrard is a better quarterback then Culpepper is right now Rolling Eyes

~ADOPT A TITAN~

Blue and Gold! Go Pacers!!!
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do too....I like Garrard more than Leftwich

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VINCanity10 wrote:
I think David Garrard is a better quarterback then Culpepper is right now Rolling Eyes

I would agree even though that isn't saying tons, but I could see that happening with Tice around Jacksonville.

IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad they finally cut him. I was not happy with the hypocritical way the Dolphins handled this situation at all.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Mike Vick now being charged, I think the Falcons are gonna go after Culpepper.

That would be something if the same thing repeats as happened in Miami with Culpepper and Harrington
rant67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say the Raiders and Vikings make a move for him.

To always be remembered...
JonesDrew32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Bolts wrote:
I do too....I like Garrard more than Leftwich

why does everyone believe Garrard is better than Leftwich?

everybody jumps on the Garrard bandwagon because of what he did in the final 6 games he played in 05 when Leftwich went out with an injury against the Cards in week 12. Garrard beat the Cards, Browns, 49ers, Texans and Titans. All those teams had a combined record of 20-60. Im glad to see him beat up on all the teams you should beat but everyone is trying to make him sound really good by the way he played in 05 in which he only played 1 team with a winning record and lost to that team. Leftwich was having the best year in 05, having a 3 to 1 TD/interception ratio in the 11 games he started in. Leftwich was beating qualilty teams like the Seahawks, Steelers and Bengals in 05 which all had 11 or more win in that year. And in 06 Garrard once again tried to lead the team to the playoffs in 06 once Leftwich went down with an injury against the Texans but we finally saw what Garrard was made of. He was so inconsistent in 06. One week he would throw 3 TD's against the Titans and manage the game well, then come back the next week and throw 4 interceptions against the Texans, even though 2 of them werent his fault due to the fact Matt Jones had alligator arms that Sunday. We all know what happend against the Titans in week 15. All 3 of the turnovers were his fault. On the first interception he threw, he stared down Reggie Williams, Pacman saw that and took back to the house for the TD. Then on the next turnover, it was like 3rd and 13 and then Garrard scrambled out of the pocket and all of a sudden the ball plops out of his hands and Finnegan picks it up and returns it for a TD. And once again in the 3rd quarter, Garrard stared down his WR, Chris Hope saw that and he took it back to the house for a TD. The problem with Garrard is that he just stares down his WR's way to much, never looks the safety off, just stares down the WR he focuses on when he comes out of the huddle. The next week against the Pats he managed the game pretty well, but at the end we had a chance to tie it up and he just fumbled the ball again, im not blaming that loss on him but we had a chance at the end to tie the game and he didnt deliver in crunch time. And the final game of the season Garrard didnt do his job. The crucial mistake he mad once again was staring down the WR he was targeting, the pass was intended for Reggie Williams, Garrard stared him down and veteran CB Ty Law saw it the whole way, stepped right in front of the pass it took it down inside the Jags 10 yard line. After that play Del Rio benched Garrard in favor of Quinn Gray. Leftwich is a very capable QB in this league, and has proven that when healthy. There is no doubt in my mind i would rather want Leftwich leading this team than Garrard. Garrard is only a good backup in this league, will never be better than that if he doesnt learn how to read defenses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: