Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joey Porter ( Not Suspended )
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan198011

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Joey Porter ( Not Suspended ) Reply with quote

Joey Porter was not suspended for any games for his actions in Vegas...he did get fined 3 game checks.

www.espn.com
NHL: Los Angeles Kings
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA: USC
Meeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatll teach him! Rolling Eyes he should have gotten atleast 2 games IMO.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased Porter did not get suspended for the sake of the Dolphins, however, if I am honest, I believe he should have been suspended for a few games. What he did was wrong and he has had other questionable behavioral issues, albeit most were on field incidents. Whatever, the case, I am happy for the sake of the team that he will be able to play but wonder why he didn't get a suspension of some sort.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddell is quickly building a double standard with his player conduct policy and if fast being labeled as a hypocrit. I'm not terribly outraged or anything, but Porter should have at least had a game or two suspended. He just got $20 mil guaranteed, like losing $150k is really going to hurt him.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
spush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can see the reasoning for opinions on suspension, from my understanding the policy was put in place for repeat violaters.

While I dont condone what he did, its a far cry from the likes of Mike Vick, Chris Henry, Tank Johnson, and Pac Man.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a huge double standard. Just because he will be a main staple in that defense doesnt mean he shouldnt be severely punished, i just hope Goodel doesnt do the same with Vick.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jared Allen suspension being reduced is more hypocritical than this as Chris Henry has been just as trouble free since his violations and has done charity work as well and yet his suspension stands at 8 games. Allen has had multiple DUI's so you can't say he was a one time incident.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Texans02

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
The Jared Allen suspension being reduced is more hypocritical than this as Chris Henry has been just as trouble free since his violations and has done charity work as well and yet his suspension stands at 8 games. Allen has had multiple DUI's so you can't say he was a one time incident.

Yeah, I'm getting disillusioned w/ Goodell's policies, too. I don't understand his decision making process. He really should come out and make a clear statement on how suspensions will be handled. Right now, it's looking pretty arbitrary.

Yes please!
spush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He really should come out and make a clear statement on how suspensions will be handled

He's stated several times it will be handled on a case by case basis acting swiftly and accordingly.

Quote:
Mess with the law and your job's on the line.

"I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career," Goodell wrote the two players, emphasizing they must end their wayward behavior to have a chance to play in the league again.

He also hit them where it hurts - their wallets. Jones, who plays for Tennessee, will forfeit his $1,292,500 salary; Henry, who plays for Cincinnati, will lose $217,500.

Jones and Henry, former teammates at West Virginia, were suspended under the old disciplinary policy.

While he was meting out penalties, Goodell also announced the league's new, tougher personal conduct policy that will allow longer fines and suspensions for players and also could penalize teams, perhaps by taking away draft picks

Quote:
It is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right," Goodell said. "These players and all members of our league have to make the right choices and decisions in their conduct on a consistent basis

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6665234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catspajamas75 wrote:
this is a huge double standard. Just because he will be a main staple in that defense doesnt mean he shouldnt be severely punished, i just hope Goodel doesnt do the same with Vick.

Main staple in the defense...your kidding right...you do know we have had..Zack Thomas..and Jason Taylor...We would have been fine with out him for a game or 2 ..but we don't have to worry about that.
NHL: Los Angeles Kings
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA: USC
ThorntonMelon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasnt Santonio Holmes been suspended? He was arrested twice last summer. Once for domestic violence and once for disorderly conduct. This goes along with his two arrests in college for domestic violence? It seems like Goodell only suspends guys if the media takes notice of their actions. Santonio hasnt caught the media's eye so Goodell has left him alone.
Irish 11

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThorntonMelon wrote:
Why hasnt Santonio Holmes been suspended? He was arrested twice last summer. Once for domestic violence and once for disorderly conduct. This goes along with his two arrests in college for domestic violence? It seems like Goodell only suspends guys if the media takes notice of their actions. Santonio hasnt caught the media's eye so Goodell has left him alone.

Goodell isn't about to start punishing people for their commissions in college. Both sets of charges against Santonio from last summer were dropped.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:
While I can see the reasoning for opinions on suspension, from my understanding the policy was put in place for repeat violaters.

While I dont condone what he did, its a far cry from the likes of Mike Vick, Chris Henry, Tank Johnson, and Pac Man.

Here's an interesting question, not just for spush but everyone:

Should Goodell suspend Michael Vick more than Adam Jones, even though this is Vick's first criminal indictment? Remember, the Ron Mexico incident was a civil case, and the only other punishment he has received was for flipping off the fans ($10K was appropriate).
Hopper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over a 140,000 thousand dollars for a petty fist fight. I honestly think the fine was a little bit on the steap end.

http://lokutusost.ufouni.cz/filmmusic/beltrami/_AJ/
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atleast a 1 game suspension. It was said before, he's developing a double standard. Money won't teach him.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: