Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Strahan Holding Out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
And i read PFT like every day...

couldn't you read it every day? instead of like every day?

sorry, just like had to.

No, because I don't literally read PFT every day. The word "like" serves to represent the sentence as: "I read PFT roughly on a daily basis" or "I read PFT almost every day".

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:
9 times out of 10, they are wrong, and we are supposed to treat them as a reputable source when they get one out of ten?

Umm, you're completely wrong there. The way i see it it's the other way around: they're usually right but every now and then they get unlucky and get wrong.

All of the things that they report that are right have already been reported somewhere else.

Every time they are the first to report, they are wrong. Tell me that's untrue.

They had the Supplemental Draft results up before even NFL.com did. They reported Daniel Graham to Denver before anyone else did. Those are just 2 examples that came to me off the top of my head.

So yes, your above statement is untrue.

So they jumped the gun.

Their news is not 100% based on fact. They take chances, and I would rather wait the extra 10 minutes to get the information from a site that is never wrong instead of get lied to by a site that likes to take chances on the big news.
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strahan wont hold out.
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:
9 times out of 10, they are wrong, and we are supposed to treat them as a reputable source when they get one out of ten?

Umm, you're completely wrong there. The way i see it it's the other way around: they're usually right but every now and then they get unlucky and get wrong.

All of the things that they report that are right have already been reported somewhere else.

Every time they are the first to report, they are wrong. Tell me that's untrue.

They had the Supplemental Draft results up before even NFL.com did. They reported Daniel Graham to Denver before anyone else did. Those are just 2 examples that came to me off the top of my head.

So yes, your above statement is untrue.

So they jumped the gun.

Their news is not 100% based on fact. They take chances, and I would rather wait the extra 10 minutes to get the information from a site that is never wrong instead of get lied to by a site that likes to take chances on the big news.

They don't "take chances". They just report whatever information they get from reliable sources. Sometimes they will say something like "LeCharles Bentley might be going to the Eagles, according to our sources", and it turns out that Bentley didnt go to the Eagles, but that's why they said MIGHT. When they say something WILL happen or HAS happened according to their sources they are almost always right.
People who think PFT is so uncredible that it's not worth reading or posting their information obviously don't go on PFT very often, and they just hear about the rare times that they misreport something.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: