Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign Victor Abiamiri to a 4 year Deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
wow ya know what i just found out....like just found out. this kid is now on both of my hated teams

the eagles and notre dame Shocked
lol Wink

Oh you going to be hating him for more then that... trust me. Wink (if you know what I mean)

what? hating him for carrying reids pretzels? nah....
Wink

lol since when does Reid eat pretzels? More like donuts or something

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
wow ya know what i just found out....like just found out. this kid is now on both of my hated teams

the eagles and notre dame Shocked
lol Wink

Oh you going to be hating him for more then that... trust me. Wink (if you know what I mean)

what? hating him for carrying reids pretzels? nah....
Wink

lol since when does Reid eat pretzels? More like donuts or something

Sad but true Sad ... He might not play much this year, but he will be in the rotation. Its not a bad thing though, he will learn from couple of good DE, and he will be our future at that position with Trent Cole.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Night Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still curious to see how much longer McNabb is with the Eagles. When is his contract up?
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:
I'm still curious to see how much longer McNabb is with the Eagles. When is his contract up?

haha 2014... Wink
If McNabb stays healthy this year (which I think he will), he will be with the Eagles for a long time. You got to understand, Andy Reid LOVES this guy, and they might even leave together when McNabb is done.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Night Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if there is a good chance McNabb stays with them, what was the logic in using a 2nd rounder (their 1st overall pick) on a career backup? I still am baffled by this pick. Hoping an Eagles fan can enlighten me a bit
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:
So if there is a good chance McNabb stays with them, what was the logic in using a 2nd rounder (their 1st overall pick) on a career backup? I still am baffled by this pick. Hoping an Eagles fan can enlighten me a bit

Because McNabb has only played a full 16 game season three times in his eight year career with the Eagles.

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
Night Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but they have AJ Feeley who I thought they liked. I guess they dont have as much faith in him as I thought though.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever heard of Matt Schaub... Some say Kevin Kolb was the 2nd best QB in the last draft, and if he play a couple games and shows that he can play... there are going to be teams that will be impressed and give 2 second round picks for him. (Maybe the Falcons Very Happy JK)

TommyC376 on the Sig
Night Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Ever heard of Matt Schaub... Some say Kevin Kolb was the 2nd best QB in the last draft, and if he play a couple games and shows that he can play... there are going to be teams that will be impressed and give 2 second round picks for him. (Maybe the Falcons Very Happy JK)

ah, I see, well I really hope there is more to the reasoning behind drafting Kolb than gambling that in a few years they can get another 2nd rounder or 2 for him.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:

Everyone apparently loves to say, "well, we drafted XYZ quarterback to maybe have a Schaub scenario in a couple of years."

What they forget is that Matt Schaub was valuable because the STARTING QUARTERBACK missed enough games for him to have enough playing time to put up some decent stats. If you, as a fan, wish that on your own team, suit yourself. Of course, you had better hope that the player plays significantly well to interest other teams. It wasn't that too long ago when Billy Volek was considered a hot property as a backup quarterback.

Schaub was also a third round pick (2004 3.27 = 136) who was then parlayed into two second round picks (540 for 2007's 2.07, and I'll call it 245 for 2008's 2nd rounder (equivalent to 2007 3.07) = 785 ~ 2007 1.22). That would be almost 600% ROI on Schaub, if you count it solely in terms of draft points. Kolb is going to have to fetch a much higher price to get even half of that value (points approximately equaling 1.06). If he plays that well, do the Eagles trade him? That's doubtful.

Also, one has to factor in that while the Falcons got a steal with the picks acquired, they probably would like to undo that deal considering the situation that they now find themselves in. Or perhaps not. *shrugs*

Posts about title player (Victor Abiamiri): 1.5
Posts about Kolb/McNabb: 22.5 (including this one)
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see he'll be knockin heads around in training camp, hopefully Cobbs head

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

ah, I see, well I really hope there is more to the reasoning behind drafting Kolb than gambling that in a few years they can get another 2nd rounder or 2 for him.

I guess we have to wait and see... All I know is that I trust the Eagles FO, and Andy Reid. (say what you want about him, but he is a hell of a coach, and a great scout).

TommyC376 on the Sig
hardnecker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

47 years and counting.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:

For one, it wasnt the greatest draft classes, soo Eagles toook several draft projects .

Why?

We have a very tough scheme of things to learn on both sides of the ball, but our hybrid west coast offense is especially hard to pick up. Mcnabbs first 2 season weren't easy ones. soo We drafted Kolb now cause simply I don't think our FO and coaches want to ever deal with the criticism of the city in rebuilding again like we had to with a ungroomed fresh Mcnabb in his first few season in philly

Kolb neeeds 3 years to be fully prepaired to run this offense sooooooo when Mcnabb is bye bye , we won't miss a step with A groomed and ready Cobb at the helm.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Night Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, definately a different strategy that many other teams dont use. I'm definately not challenging Reid, the FO or anyone, just curious what their reasoning was behind it. Could work out in their favor tho the way you guy explained it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: