Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fans Upset Over Quinn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OttoG-nation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He shouldn't be allowed to sign/ sell anything in anyway related to the Browns until he signs a contract. He isn't part of the team and won't be until he signs a contract. Also how anyone can charge $75 for an autographed picture is beyond me. He hasn't done anything yet and at this rate won't. If he were serious about being the savior of the Browns he'd tell Condon to stop messing around and to get him in camp. Heck after falling to 22 Quinn'll probably make more money in endorsements than salary.

Thanks for the sig SoxNats07
BigBen7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't this guy say it's not all about the money, right after he was Drafted?.......wooo Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OttoG-nation wrote:
He shouldn't be allowed to sign/ sell anything in anyway related to the Browns until he signs a contract. He isn't part of the team and won't be until he signs a contract. Also how anyone can charge $75 for an autographed picture is beyond me. He hasn't done anything yet and at this rate won't. If he were serious about being the savior of the Browns he'd tell Condon to stop messing around and to get him in camp. Heck after falling to 22 Quinn'll probably make more money in endorsements than salary.

heh.. Dude, if you're not a starting QB, but more than likely 3rd on the depth chart.. Chances are, the endorsements you might get, will be.. Small Ones
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really would not be shocked to see Quinn holdout most of preseason as well as training camp if they don't get a deal done by this weekend. It seems like they are very far apart in contract talks.

Props to El ramster for the sig
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn doesn't deserve top 5 money.. He deserves 22 money
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:

Why does everyone think he is trying to get paid like a top 5 pick? More than half of the #1 picks are still unsigned but Quinn is the only one receiving the hate.

I'm sure he is trying to get a fair deal but he and Tom Condon both know he won't get a $20 mil bonus.

No one from FF or the media is at the negotiations so no one knows his contract demands. It's all speculatory at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of the people who were ripping on Quinn's game before the draft were nit-picking, but his attitude has always been he's better than everyone else. I'm not suprised that a guy who never won a national championship, Heisman Trophy, a big bowl game or even signed an NFL contract wants to be paid like a guy who has done all of the above. And trust me he will get paid, even if it comes out of 12 year old's piggy banks.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
OttoG-nation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:

I agree and if he is as talented as he thinks he'll earn his money on a second contract. As for the endorsements...you know he's going to get them even if he's #3. Quinn is the golden boy from the golden dome and is arguably the most media friendly rookie this year. I mean remember the draft...the way he sat there? I haven't seen such amazing dramatic acting since Ashton Kutcher lost his car. He might not be rolling with Paris Hilton but I'm pretty sure one of the Olson twins is available.

I'm really not that down on Brady Quinn but this story just annoys me. Brown's fans are among the best and most loyal in the league and a kid from Dublin Ohio should know that. Yet, charging $75 for a signature is rediculous and looks more like a guy taking advantage of victory starved fans than the savior of a city. You didn't see LeBron do this did you?

Thanks for the sig SoxNats07
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think about it...he should get maybe $2 million more than Campbell did when he was drafted by the Redskins two years ago in the first round, I believe it was 25th overall. I think they should base the contract around there and get it over with.

Props to El ramster for the sig
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nopussycat wrote:
but his attitude has always been he's better than everyone else.

That what has bugged me the most about him. He has that attitude and I just don't care for it.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Nopussycat wrote:

That what has bugged me the most about him. He has that attitude and I just don't care for it.

He handled himself rather humbly at the draft. How many other players would have taken interviews during a draft fall and still managed to have a smile on their face?

Remember when Joe Theismann bashed him for his haircut?

90% of players would have told Joey Sunshine to pound salt. Quinn took the high road and got himself a haircut. He essentially apologized to Theismann even though he really didn't do anything wrong.

Perhaps the "attitude" you are speaking of is in regards to his confidence. Quinn has never had a problem saying he has confidence in his game and that he is gonna be a good NFL QB. As a football player myself, I appreciate that confidence.... it is essential to success on the field at any level.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2fromtheU wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
Nopussycat wrote:

He handled himself rather humbly at the draft. How many other players would have taken interviews during a draft fall and still managed to have a smile on their face?

90% of players would have told Joey Sunshine to pound salt. Quinn took the high road and got himself a haircut. He essentially apologized to Theismann even though he really didn't do anything wrong.

Perhaps the "attitude" you are speaking of is in regards to his confidence. Quinn has never had a problem saying he has confidence in his game and that he is gonna be a good NFL QB. As a football player myself, I appreciate that confidence.... it is essential to success on the field at any level.

I've played football and confidence is an essential for success. I don't mind him having confidence. I do mind the fact that before the draft he was tooting his horn about why he should be picked no.1. Not that I think Jamarcus is all that impressive, I just don't think Brady's college resume was what he thought it was and that all that pub had gone straight to his head. He had a fine season but I think someone with a sense of entitlement is in for a real shock in the NFL. You let your game on Sundays do your talking.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?

Last edited by Nopussycat on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
InTressleWeTrst

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
GFalcon wrote:
was he giving out jerseys, helmets, footballs also besides pictures. wow, if they range from $75-$225 i would love that than an simple old t shirt or hat signed. Very Happy though did they have to pay for the merchandise Confused , then i feel that would be ricdiouls. Ive always liked quinn

Yeah according to the article signed photos were 75$ and other signed merchandise ranged all the way up to 225$.
That's a jerk move for Quinn and if he really cared about his fans at all (which he doesnt) he would not only give free autographs like every other normal player does but he would let fans bring their own gear to get signed instead of sellign his own junk.

Hi its reality, have we met?

This is the mall's fault for this happening, by not advertising it, not quinns. Players do this all the time, you have to buy the merchandise for them to sign it, or what, do you think some company is going to say, hey lets give this kid boatloads of money, but let him put his signature on competitors products that don't pay him? Thats a good business decison.

Jordan draping an american flag over himself so the rebbok logo wouldn't show, what do you have to say on that? Man Ram did the same thing when i was 10, when he was signing merchandise you bought at the store, is he a jerk? What about Cal Ripken who only signed copies of his book, and actually apologized to my dad for not being able to sign a picture, bc it was against his contract.

Brady Quinn is hardly the first, and he sure won't be the last athlete to do this. Seriously people, be more jealous.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

no one will break the bonds of ITWT and I's e-love.
Night Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally dont like the way he handled himself at the draft. He expected to go high, but when he was falling, he ran away into a private room until he was finally selected. I would have rather seen character from him and handle the situation at the table like every other player who has dropped. I could be wrong, but I dont remember seeing Aaron Rogers go run and hide after he was thought might go 1st overall to S.F. but dropped all the way to something like 24 by Green Bay. It tells me that he cant handle the pressure. Overly critical of Quinn, yea, probably, but when you are still getting millions of dollars, stay out there and take the heat like a professional. Its going to be a lot tougher on the field, and he cant run and hide there.
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nopussycat wrote:
K2fromtheU wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
Nopussycat wrote:

I've played football and confidence is an essential for success. I don't mind him having confidence. I do mind the fact that before the draft he was tooting his horn about why he should be picked no.1. Not that I think Jamarcus is all that impressive, I just don't think Brady's college resume was what he thought it was and that all that pub had gone straight to his head. He had a fine season but I just don't think someone with a sense of entitlement is in for a real shock in the NFL. You let your game on Sundays do your talking.

So let me get this straight... Brady Quinn has an attitude problem because he feels he should have been the #1 pick?

Rolling Eyes

What should he have said? Aww shucks... it's good to just be in the draft. I hope I get taken before the 4th round. I'm really not that good...

Hell no.

He's a competitor and he thinks he is the best QB in the draft.

Jamarcus Russell would tell you the same thing. KEVIN KOLB would probably say the same thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: