Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fans Upset Over Quinn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alvin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on this is let him hold out I dont care it doesn't play a snap all year. I think he is going to be a great QB for us in the future but I really dont want him to play at all this year. We have two good options at QB (Anderson and Frye). Let them play and earn a spot on the team next year. If Quinn want to hold out, let him, I definitely do not want to over pay for a 22th pick. So, Savage just wait till he gives in. I am way more concerned with getting Thomas and Wright in. Let get these guys signed and let Quinn wait it out, and get rid of the attitude he might or might not have. 21 teams passed on him including us. If you want to get money of a top 10 pick then you need to prove it. You obvisouly havent done so, so far or you would have been pick earlier. And I dont want to hear that the teams didnt need a QB there were plenty of teams that needed a QB (The Top three teams in the draft needed QB's). Miami, Minn, Tampa Bay, Houston, Washington, Buffalo, St. Louis, NY Jets, Jacksville, and Green Bay could have all used a QB.

Savage: dont even worry about Quinn right now, get Thomas and Wright in and then worry about Quinn.

Go Browns!
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2fromtheU wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Quinn doesn't deserve top 5 money.. He deserves 22 money

Why does everyone think he is trying to get paid like a top 5 pick? More than half of the #1 picks are still unsigned but Quinn is the only one receiving the hate.

I'm sure he is trying to get a fair deal but he and Tom Condon both know he won't get a $20 mil bonus.

No one from FF or the media is at the negotiations so no one knows his contract demands. It's all speculatory at this point.

C'mon.. He deserves to be paid what a 22 Overall deserves to be paid.. Yes, there are other rookies unsigned, but Quinn is the only one talking about holding out because he wants more than 22 Overall money.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OttoG-nation wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

I agree and if he is as talented as he thinks he'll earn his money on a second contract. As for the endorsements...you know he's going to get them even if he's #3. Quinn is the golden boy from the golden dome and is arguably the most media friendly rookie this year. I mean remember the draft...the way he sat there? I haven't seen such amazing dramatic acting since Ashton Kutcher lost his car. He might not be rolling with Paris Hilton but I'm pretty sure one of the Olson twins is available.

I'm really not that down on Brady Quinn but this story just annoys me. Brown's fans are among the best and most loyal in the league and a kid from Dublin Ohio should know that. Yet, charging $75 for a signature is rediculous and looks more like a guy taking advantage of victory starved fans than the savior of a city. You didn't see LeBron do this did you?

ha, you do know the olsen twins are worth around 500Million right? I dont see him with neither of them.

Yes, he will get endorsements.. But the BIG BUCK$$ endorsements will be given to others.. Who are currently playing
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met the guy. He's a good guy. His girlfriend went to my college and I saw him up there a couple of times with her and he was pretty humble. There were tons of Ohio St. fans at my school and they bashed him to his face and he just took it like a man and didn't try and start anything.

And I'm guessing this was a sponsored event meaning he couldn't sign anything that wasn't a product of the sponsor. And I'm sure all of the money went to the sponsor, not him. He gets his money in endorsements. Is it silly? Yes, of course, but it's business.
PhycoPantherFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch not a good way to get in good with the fans

Carolinakitten is the man!
Armanti Edwards: Carolina's WR of the future
OttoG-nation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
OttoG-nation wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

I agree and if he is as talented as he thinks he'll earn his money on a second contract. As for the endorsements...you know he's going to get them even if he's #3. Quinn is the golden boy from the golden dome and is arguably the most media friendly rookie this year. I mean remember the draft...the way he sat there? I haven't seen such amazing dramatic acting since Ashton Kutcher lost his car. He might not be rolling with Paris Hilton but I'm pretty sure one of the Olson twins is available.

I'm really not that down on Brady Quinn but this story just annoys me. Brown's fans are among the best and most loyal in the league and a kid from Dublin Ohio should know that. Yet, charging $75 for a signature is rediculous and looks more like a guy taking advantage of victory starved fans than the savior of a city. You didn't see LeBron do this did you?

ha, you do know the olsen twins are worth around 500Million right? I dont see him with neither of them.

Yes, he will get endorsements.. But the BIG BUCK$$ endorsements will be given to others.. Who are currently playing

Yeah that was probably a bit of a reach with the olsen twins. hmmm Lindsey Lohan? She'll probably be available after her legal issues settle down. You know a girl with a record could really give Brady Quinn that edge that he's been missing. It'd earn him points in that ever so annoying Who's Now if ESPN decides to do it again next year. Oh... there's also that Jessica Simpson's sister person. They could go on SNL together.

As for the endorsements. Quinn won't be getting Manning exposure or money but certainly on par with Matt Lienart last year which isn't something to scoff at.

Thanks for the sig SoxNats07
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
K2fromtheU wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Why does everyone think he is trying to get paid like a top 5 pick? More than half of the #1 picks are still unsigned but Quinn is the only one receiving the hate.

I'm sure he is trying to get a fair deal but he and Tom Condon both know he won't get a $20 mil bonus.

No one from FF or the media is at the negotiations so no one knows his contract demands. It's all speculatory at this point.

C'mon.. He deserves to be paid what a 22 Overall deserves to be paid.. Yes, there are other rookies unsigned, but Quinn is the only one talking about holding out because he wants more than 22 Overall money.

Sporting News wrote:
Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, will presumably argue that his client is worthy of Top 10 money, and that because the Browns had him rated high on their draft board, they should pay him like a top pick.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=243534

The key word is presumably. This is all media speculation. Show me a quote of Quinn saying he demands a top 10 deal. Quinn might get an extra $500K- 1.5 mil but he isn't gonna get huge money. Tom Condon and Quinn are both smarter than to think they will bully the Browns into giving him a $15 mil signing bonus.

Still, $500K- 1.5 mil is a lot of money...enough to haggle over, even if you have $6 mil guaranteed. That $6 mil probably looks more like $2.5 mil after agents, taxes etc. Still a lot of money, sure. But anything can happen in the NFL and in life.

Quinn haters... get off of your high moral ground. Given the opportunity almost any responsible adult would do the same thing in their profession. Why should it be any different for athletes? Particularly if they're being reasonable.

Last edited by K2fromtheU on Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2fromtheU wrote:

Quinn haters... get off of your high moral ground. Given the opportunity almost any responsible adult would do the same thing in their profession. Why should it be any different for athletes? Particularly if they're being reasonable.

lol open your eyes, most responsible adults aren't multi-millionaires. If i was getting paid pro-football type of money i wouldnt be whining about trying to make an extra million or so, I would just go out and play. These guys are set for life financially, nothing to worry about.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spush

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not uncommon for rookies to tour the mall circuit before they sign.

AJ Hawk did it near my house last year, but only charged $25.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
K2fromtheU wrote:

lol open your eyes, most responsible adults aren't multi-millionaires. If i was getting paid pro-football type of money i wouldnt be whining about trying to make an extra million or so, I would just go out and play. These guys are set for life financially, nothing to worry about.

First off, he isn't whining. Again, find me a quote.

Second, they aren't all neccesarily set for life.

Ever heard of former All-Pro Dave Duerson? He recently had his home of 20 years placed into foreclosure. Duerson isn't your typical dumb jock who blew his money on coke and strippers. He has a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Notre Dame and completed Harvard Business School's Owner/President Management Program. He played 11 years in the NFL, had sponsorship deals, radio deals and was a successful business owner. He owned Duerson foods which at one point had annual sales of $63.5 mil. His business fell on hard times, he got divorced and now he stands to lose everything.

Duerson had plenty of money at one point, then the bottom dropped out.

These guys have to protect their futures as much as me and you.

Again, get off your high moral ground. It's easy to be a hero from behind a keyboard, I'm just being real.

Last edited by K2fromtheU on Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
K2fromtheU wrote:

Man is it easy to say that from a computer with no NFL in your future. Have you taken college business classes before? If these players don't maximize their contract then they will most likely be exploited by their employer (the owner).

The revenue that comes in each season can, for all intents and purposes, go to two places - The owner's pockets or to the player's pockets. Where would you rather see the money go? The players can be cut from the team at any time and, ipso facto, lose a lot of money through opportunity cost. Therefore they try and maximize their guaranteed money when they negotiate. Rookie contracts are the most important because a lot of these guys will not live up to potential and will never be able to get a very good second contract, if they get one at all. So it's up to the agent to make sure the rookie can get every cent their player is worth.

It is all simple economics. Read Adam Smith's "Wealth of Nations" for a very detailed explanation of economics and you'll understand.
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:

Man is it easy to say that from a computer with no NFL in your future. Have you taken college business classes before? If these players don't maximize their contract then they will most likely be exploited by their employer (the owner).

First of all, you don't need to take a class to understand business. Plenty of successful business men never went to college. Why? Because you don't need to waste tens of thousands of dollars getting some professor to tell you how to make money if you have a natural knack for knowing how to run a business.
Second of all, how would someone like Quinn be "exploited by his owner"? Elaborate on that...

Quote:
The revenue that comes in each season can, for all intents and purposes, go to two places - The owner's pockets or to the player's pockets. Where would you rather see the money go?

Id rather see the money go to the owners so they have more money to spend on making the team better.

Quote:
The players can be cut from the team at any time and, ipso facto, lose a lot of money through opportunity cost.

What does what you just said have to do with opportunity cost? Or Brady Quinn for that matter?

Quote:
Therefore they try and maximize their guaranteed money when they negotiate. Rookie contracts are the most important because a lot of these guys will not live up to potential and will never be able to get a very good second contract, if they get one at all. So it's up to the agent to make sure the rookie can get every cent their player is worth.

No rookie is worth the amount that they make with their absurd contracts. Brady Quinn hasnt even played a down in the NFL! Let me ask you: has your starting salary ever been rediculously more than most people who work in the same position/job title as you and have been working for many years?

Quote:
It is all simple economics. Read Adam Smith's "Wealth of Nations" for a very detailed explanation of economics and you'll understand.

lol im not gunna go out and read a whole book just for this argument. Besides, if your argument is so simple then i shouldn't need to.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
InTressleWeTrst

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5, no response for me?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

no one will break the bonds of ITWT and I's e-love.
steelcity43

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OttoG-nation wrote:
He shouldn't be allowed to sign/ sell anything in anyway related to the Browns until he signs a contract. He isn't part of the team and won't be until he signs a contract. Also how anyone can charge $75 for an autographed picture is beyond me. He hasn't done anything yet and at this rate won't. If he were serious about being the savior of the Browns he'd tell Condon to stop messing around and to get him in camp. Heck after falling to 22 Quinn'll probably make more money in endorsements than salary.

yea i just dont know who would pay for a 75 dollar pic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya read about that. That is embarrasing. He is losing the support of Cleveland with his crappy play and greedy antics. He still wants top ten money.

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: