Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fans Upset Over Quinn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Bolts wrote:
He still wants top ten money.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

K2fromtheU wrote:
Sporting News wrote:
Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, will presumably argue that his client is worthy of Top 10 money, and that because the Browns had him rated high on their draft board, they should pay him like a top pick.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=243534

The key word is presumably. This is all media speculation. Show me a quote of Quinn saying he demands a top 10 deal. Quinn might get an extra $500K- 1.5 mil but he isn't gonna get huge money. Tom Condon and Quinn are both smarter than to think they will bully the Browns into giving him a $15 mil signing bonus.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will find u the link in a second...

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alvin wrote:
My thoughts on this is let him hold out I dont care it doesn't play a snap all year. I think he is going to be a great QB for us in the future but I really dont want him to play at all this year. We have two good options at QB (Anderson and Frye). Let them play and earn a spot on the team next year. If Quinn want to hold out, let him, I definitely do not want to over pay for a 22th pick. So, Savage just wait till he gives in. I am way more concerned with getting Thomas and Wright in. Let get these guys signed and let Quinn wait it out, and get rid of the attitude he might or might not have. 21 teams passed on him including us. If you want to get money of a top 10 pick then you need to prove it. You obvisouly havent done so, so far or you would have been pick earlier. And I dont want to hear that the teams didnt need a QB there were plenty of teams that needed a QB (The Top three teams in the draft needed QB's). Miami, Minn, could have all used a QB.

Savage: dont even worry about Quinn right now, get Thomas and Wright in and then worry about Quinn.

Go Browns!

fixed that list for you- especially in the first round.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like im the only one who still believes and thinks Quinn will be the best QB from this draft class...remember this post, because im definately one of the few on this site who think so.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
cowboysfan1790

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
I feel like im the only one who still believes and thinks Quinn will be the best QB from this draft class...remember this post, because im definately one of the few on this site who think so.

Not the only one Purple Pride, I've been saying since before the draft Russell will be an average QB, if not a complete bust and Quinn will be the savior of the Cleveland Browns franchise.

-Props to OchoCinco for the sig.
Quote:
The Chargers WILL win the Super Bowl this year.

I'm smarter than the average bear!
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InTressleWeTrst wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
GFalcon wrote:
was he giving out jerseys, helmets, footballs also besides pictures. wow, if they range from $75-$225 i would love that than an simple old t shirt or hat signed. Very Happy though did they have to pay for the merchandise Confused , then i feel that would be ricdiouls. Ive always liked quinn

Yeah according to the article signed photos were 75$ and other signed merchandise ranged all the way up to 225$.
That's a jerk move for Quinn and if he really cared about his fans at all (which he doesnt) he would not only give free autographs like every other normal player does but he would let fans bring their own gear to get signed instead of sellign his own junk.

Hi its reality, have we met?

This is the mall's fault for this happening, by not advertising it, not quinns. Players do this all the time, you have to buy the merchandise for them to sign it, or what, do you think some company is going to say, hey lets give this kid boatloads of money, but let him put his signature on competitors products that don't pay him? Thats a good business decison.

Jordan draping an american flag over himself so the rebbok logo wouldn't show, what do you have to say on that? Man Ram did the same thing when i was 10, when he was signing merchandise you bought at the store, is he a jerk? What about Cal Ripken who only signed copies of his book, and actually apologized to my dad for not being able to sign a picture, bc it was against his contract.

Brady Quinn is hardly the first, and he sure won't be the last athlete to do this. Seriously people, be more jealous.

I suppose if he wasn't allowed to sign other stuff then it would make sense, but show me where it says that in the article.
And what am i supposed to be jealous of, exactly? I'm not sure what any of this has to do with envy...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:

You're not the only one, but you know where I stand....with the majority.
Wink

But, then again, with such a weak class at QB this year, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up being right. That doesn't mean that Quinn's going to be a good QB though. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many think Quinn will be the best, because being selected at the 22nd spot, makes him somewhat of the underdog because he slipped and really wasn't expected to.

On the other hand, I dont think he'll be that good.. I think he'll be like Eli Manning for the Giants. Sometimes do well, but will always do something stupid to lose the game Cool
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAS is just paying Quinn in creatine and myoplex, he has it hard

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
lilswamp17

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alvin wrote:
My thoughts on this is let him hold out I dont care it doesn't play a snap all year. I think he is going to be a great QB for us in the future but I really dont want him to play at all this year. We have two good options at QB (Anderson and Frye). Let them play and earn a spot on the team next year. If Quinn want to hold out, let him, I definitely do not want to over pay for a 22th pick. So, Savage just wait till he gives in. I am way more concerned with getting Thomas and Wright in. Let get these guys signed and let Quinn wait it out, and get rid of the attitude he might or might not have. 21 teams passed on him including us. If you want to get money of a top 10 pick then you need to prove it. You obvisouly havent done so, so far or you would have been pick earlier. And I dont want to hear that the teams didnt need a QB there were plenty of teams that needed a QB (The Top three teams in the draft needed QB's). Miami, Minn, Tampa Bay, Houston, Washington, Buffalo, St. Louis, NY Jets, Jacksville, and Green Bay could have all used a QB.

Savage: dont even worry about Quinn right now, get Thomas and Wright in and then worry about Quinn.

Go Browns!

Now I don't normally bash on peoples posts but what are you on? That might be the worst list of teams in need of a QB I've ever seen. Especially enough of a need for their first round pick. Lets break it down;

Miami: It was well documented they were going for Trent Green. This gives them AT LEAST two years to see if they could sneak in a second round QB to be the franchise. However, you could argue that Miami needed a QB.

Minn: Arguably the most in need of the teams. However, they felt that AP was too good to pass on. Probably rightfully so too.

Tampa: Gruden has been trying to get Plummer back, and TB doesn't believe in quality QB's. No one thought that Quinn would be their top choice. Or even their top 3.

Houston: Yes lets trade Carr for Schaub and then immediately turn around and decide that Schaub isn't the answer before he plays a down. That makes complete sense.

Washington: How long is it going to take for everyone to realize they're not going to pull the trigger on a QB. They believe in Savages philosophy with Frye. One day they will build around the QB and they'll carry him.

Buffalo: Do I need to even say it. They have JP Lossman. Maybe not a great QB, but Buffalo sure seems keen on him. Obviously they're not shopping for that when they just traded their RB. H

St. Louis: WOW, I'm not even going to sit here and insult everyone else's intellect with an explanation on that. Everyone already knows the answer there.

Jets: For years they've been ALL ABOUT Pennington. He just came off one of his better seasons. Even when it was thought he was done, they still were stuck on him. Why the heck would they give up on that one now.

Jacksonville: They are a team that love TWO QB's already on their team. They love having Leftwich and Gerrard is thought by them to be a viable option at the position. Obviously, QB is not their top priority.

Green Bay: You were joking when you said this weren't you. Please tell me you were joking. Just a couple years back they took a QB that fell in the draft from the Top 5 down to the 20's. Favre is still at the helm. They obviously haven't had to give Rodgers a shot yet. Who's to say he isn't a high caliber QB in the league.

So out of your ten teams in need of a QB I think MAYBE three of them are actually somewhat correct. Thats almost 30% accurate. And that's with a stretch. There is NO argument out there that can say that these teams all passed on him cause he isn't good. They clearly had a need for other positions and addressed those.

To the mods: Sorry for bashing on someones opinion. I couldn't hold my tongue on it though. [/b]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilswamp17 wrote:
Alvin wrote:
My thoughts on this is let him hold out I dont care it doesn't play a snap all year. I think he is going to be a great QB for us in the future but I really dont want him to play at all this year. We have two good options at QB (Anderson and Frye). Let them play and earn a spot on the team next year. If Quinn want to hold out, let him, I definitely do not want to over pay for a 22th pick. So, Savage just wait till he gives in. I am way more concerned with getting Thomas and Wright in. Let get these guys signed and let Quinn wait it out, and get rid of the attitude he might or might not have. 21 teams passed on him including us. If you want to get money of a top 10 pick then you need to prove it. You obvisouly havent done so, so far or you would have been pick earlier. And I dont want to hear that the teams didnt need a QB there were plenty of teams that needed a QB (The Top three teams in the draft needed QB's). Miami, Minn, Tampa Bay, Houston, Washington, Buffalo, St. Louis, NY Jets, Jacksville, and Green Bay could have all used a QB.

Go Browns!

Now I don't normally bash on peoples posts but what are you on? That might be the worst list of teams in need of a QB I've ever seen. Especially enough of a need for their first round pick. Lets break it down;

Miami: It was well documented they were going for Trent Green. This gives them AT LEAST two years to see if they could sneak in a second round QB to be the franchise. However, you could argue that Miami needed a QB.

Minn: Arguably the most in need of the teams. However, they felt that AP was too good to pass on. Probably rightfully so too.

Tampa: Gruden has been trying to get Plummer back, and TB doesn't believe in quality QB's. No one thought that Quinn would be their top choice. Or even their top 3.

Houston: Yes lets trade Carr for Schaub and then immediately turn around and decide that Schaub isn't the answer before he plays a down. That makes complete sense.

Washington: How long is it going to take for everyone to realize they're not going to pull the trigger on a QB. They believe in Savages philosophy with Frye. One day they will build around the QB and they'll carry him.

Buffalo: Do I need to even say it. They have JP Lossman. Maybe not a great QB, but Buffalo sure seems keen on him. Obviously they're not shopping for that when they just traded their RB. H

St. Louis: WOW, I'm not even going to sit here and insult everyone else's intellect with an explanation on that. Everyone already knows the answer there.

Jets: For years they've been ALL ABOUT Pennington. He just came off one of his better seasons. Even when it was thought he was done, they still were stuck on him. Why the heck would they give up on that one now.

Jacksonville: They are a team that love TWO QB's already on their team. They love having Leftwich and Gerrard is thought by them to be a viable option at the position. Obviously, QB is not their top priority.

Green Bay: You were joking when you said this weren't you. Please tell me you were joking. Just a couple years back they took a QB that fell in the draft from the Top 5 down to the 20's. Favre is still at the helm. They obviously haven't had to give Rodgers a shot yet. Who's to say he isn't a high caliber QB in the league.

So out of your ten teams in need of a QB I think MAYBE three of them are actually somewhat correct. Thats almost 30% accurate. And that's with a stretch. There is NO argument out there that can say that these teams all passed on him cause he isn't good. They clearly had a need for other positions and addressed those.

To the mods: Sorry for bashing on someones opinion. I couldn't hold my tongue on it though. [/b]

not a mod, but you didn't bash the opinion.. Its a forum, you responded to his post with your opinion.. Unless you started calling him names and etc etc.. You're in good standing!
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:
Its the reserve cash he needs to fund his camp long holdout.

Everyone in CLE was so happy when Brady stated he wanted to be a Brown heading into the draft.

He did, but only at #3 for #3 money.

There were a few people that wanted Brady and therefore were happy about him wanting to be a Brown. But the vast majority of Browns fans that I know wanted the Browns to address their offensive line and therefore didn't care about whether he wanted to be a Brown or not.

Vince Lombardi
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came down to this plain and simple. Savage wanted to pick a "safer" pick so he went with the OL out of Wisconsin Joe Thomas.

Now when Quinn started falling he made some phonecalls about trading for Quinn. Frye is highly inaccurate and it seems that the Frye expirement didn't go too well.

While I am definately in the minority on the subject I think Quinn will be (by far) the best QB to come out of this draft class. Then I think Stanton will be #2 with Beck a close 3rd.

Anyhow back to the notion that Quinn was charging for the merchandise. Lets put it this way the companies providing the merchandise have to make their money somehow.

Russell hasn't signed yet and no one is up in arms about him wanting a high amount of money. Calvin Johnson hasn't signed yet neither has Joe Thomas. What surprises me is that every year people are like OMG this player hasn't signed its the end of the world!!! That is the nature of this it is a business and you have to get what you can out of it.

Oh and those that said Quinn will be like Eli Manning I just don't see it. I have Quinn rated as about the same as Peyton was coming out of college with Russell reminding me alot like Ryan Leaf. But that is another argument later.
xtremeskinssuck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I heard that he signed a deal that wasn't all that lucrative, but when asked if he was concerned about losing money he replied," I didn't have the money before, so how am I losing money?" That was a classy statement. So now this move Shocked How could he talk about holding out after saying That?? Is there any truth to him holding out or just speculation BECAUSE A DEAL WAS DONE? This is completely out of line with his previous comment and doesn't make sense. He looks like a little rich preppie kid maybe he's just out of touch with real people to try a move like that. Bizarre.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
It came down to this plain and simple. Savage wanted to pick a "safer" pick so he went with the OL out of Wisconsin Joe Thomas.

Now when Quinn started falling he made some phonecalls about trading for Quinn. Frye is highly inaccurate and it seems that the Frye expirement didn't go too well.

While I am definately in the minority on the subject I think Quinn will be (by far) the best QB to come out of this draft class. Then I think Stanton will be #2 with Beck a close 3rd.

Anyhow back to the notion that Quinn was charging for the merchandise. Lets put it this way the companies providing the merchandise have to make their money somehow.

Russell hasn't signed yet and no one is up in arms about him wanting a high amount of money. Calvin Johnson hasn't signed yet neither has Joe Thomas. What surprises me is that every year people are like OMG this player hasn't signed its the end of the world!!! That is the nature of this it is a business and you have to get what you can out of it.

Oh and those that said Quinn will be like Eli Manning I just don't see it. I have Quinn rated as about the same as Peyton was coming out of college with Russell reminding me alot like Ryan Leaf. But that is another argument later.

Don't justify it.. You don't charge people for you to sign their autograph. He hasn't played a down in the nfl, hasnt made a name for himself in the nfl, so he has no right to charge for an autograph as if hes charging for a service, like his name is going to make money soon.

Thats something you dont do.

Im sorry.. You can use all of that Marketing companies have to make their money or whatever bla bla bla.. What you're leaving out is, he probably signed a deal with them, to take a certain % for something so dumb as this thing was.

Quinn wont be like a Peyton, because I don't see Quinn as a QB who will play for the love.. He will ride on what he did in college and thing people should still put his name high because of that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: