Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fans Upset Over Quinn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have to disagree with you on your stance of Quinn.

Now what if Quinn had a contract in place that said what he could and could not sign? If you came up to him with something and he said sorry I cannot sign that while I am here then what?

In all actuality your not paying for his autograph your paying for the merchandise. If I wanted to I can name at least 5 other athletes that wouldn't sign something for you unless you paid them. Regardless of the situation *cough* Elway *cough*.
HOVA333

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:

Now what if Quinn had a contract in place that said what he could and could not sign? If you came up to him with something and he said sorry I cannot sign that while I am here then what?

In all actuality your not paying for his autograph your paying for the merchandise. If I wanted to I can name at least 5 other athletes that wouldn't sign something for you unless you paid them. Regardless of the situation *cough* Elway *cough*.

Well apperently I guess this should be in Asaunte Samuel's contract to get paid for signning autographs. It's a lot of extra money, but Asaunte didn't do that, he was signning autographs for free at Macys at Downtown Boston. Ur getting Millions of dollars in your NFL carrer, but u want to charge to public for ur signature?

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

Well apperently I guess this should be in Asaunte Samuel's contract to get paid for signning autographs. It's a lot of extra money, but Asaunte didn't do that, he was signning autographs for free at Macys at Downtown Boston. Ur getting Millions of dollars in your NFL carrer, but u want to charge to public for ur signature?

Don't be ignorant. This is a sponsored event. The only things that can be sold with his signature is the merchandise supplied by the sponsor. The sponsor is making the big bucks here. Quinn makes money off his endorsement contracts. If you see him at training camp and he refuses to sign an autograph then there is a problem.
VY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of whether or not there is going to be a fee for an autograph signing session, it should have at least been anounced so people could decide if it was worth it to them.

I think Brady obviously wants more money, but he'll probably want no more than a 3-4 year contract, so that he can get big money sooner. Knowing Condon, he'll be pushing for big incentives in the contract, which I think would be pretty fair from both sides. If Brady plays like a top 10 pick, maybe the Browns can opt to pay him closer to that number than in the 20's.
HOVA333

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

Don't be ignorant. This is a sponsored event. The only things that can be sold with his signature is the merchandise supplied by the sponsor. The sponsor is making the big bucks here. Quinn makes money off his endorsement contracts. If you see him at training camp and he refuses to sign an autograph then there is a problem.

Really well I asume the Player has final word about every thing. He can choose to sign autographs for free, instead of using sponsers.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Bonanza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

Thank-you...well said and truthful.

To VY: it was announced and there were posters up in the mall Wink

And if Brady has a great career (and he will) those people who paid for those autos will be selling them for much more on ebay Wink

The Great ElipticDawg on the sig.!
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

Really well I asume the Player has final word about every thing. He can choose to sign autographs for free, instead of using sponsers.

Well he could have not signed the sponsorship deal. But I assume (and I could be wrong here) that whatever contract he signed said "you must show up to X number of events to endorse our product," so he pretty much had to do this "signing."

Now, from my personal view point, if some company offered me thousands of dollars to endorse them, I'd be hard pressed to say no. He might have come off as a little bit of a [inappropriate/removed], but it seems that's more to do with the false advertising of the event, which Brady had nothing to do with.

Like I said earlier, I met the guy and he seemed like an alright dude. He knew who he was, but so did everyone in the room, and it's sometimes hard to not come off cocky in situations like that. Like I said, if he starts refusing autographs at non-sponsored events, then there is reason to doubt his character and integrity, but he will still be a good QB......just my opinion though.
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
It came down to this plain and simple. Savage wanted to pick a "safer" pick so he went with the OL out of Wisconsin Joe Thomas.

Now when Quinn started falling he made some phonecalls about trading for Quinn. Frye is highly inaccurate and it seems that the Frye expirement didn't go too well.

While I am definately in the minority on the subject I think Quinn will be (by far) the best QB to come out of this draft class. Then I think Stanton will be #2 with Beck a close 3rd.

Anyhow back to the notion that Quinn was charging for the merchandise. Lets put it this way the companies providing the merchandise have to make their money somehow.

Russell hasn't signed yet and no one is up in arms about him wanting a high amount of money. Calvin Johnson hasn't signed yet neither has Joe Thomas. What surprises me is that every year people are like OMG this player hasn't signed its the end of the world!!! That is the nature of this it is a business and you have to get what you can out of it.

Oh and those that said Quinn will be like Eli Manning I just don't see it. I have Quinn rated as about the same as Peyton was coming out of college with Russell reminding me alot like Ryan Leaf. But that is another argument later.

You are crazy.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:

Russell hasn't signed yet and no one is up in arms about him wanting a high amount of money. Calvin Johnson hasn't signed yet neither has Joe Thomas. What surprises me is that every year people are like OMG this player hasn't signed its the end of the world!!! That is the nature of this it is a business and you have to get what you can out of it.

JR wasn't the clear cut first pick. Oakland couldn't start negotiating with him when they weren't even sure if they were going to draft him.

CJ and Joe Thomas are waiting for JR to sign before they start getting into serious negotiations.

Quote:
I have Quinn rated as about the same as Peyton was coming out of college with Russell reminding me alot like Ryan Leaf. But that is another argument later.

Aside from TD:INT ratio, JR was better than Quinn in pretty much every aspect of his game despite playing significantly better competition. Russell is clearly a better physical specimen, and is more accurate to boot.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Where to go from here.

last year, Quinn: 11TD 5 INT against Ranked competition. last year Russell, 8 TD 7 INt against ranked competition.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2007/04/17/ramblings/nfl-draft/5082/

Quote:
Russell started only 29 games at LSU. Over the past ten years, collegiate games started has been the single greatest predictor of NFL success for early first-round quarterbacks. Since 1997 seven quarterbacks who started fewer than 30 games in college have been drafted in the top ten: Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Michael Vick, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Alex Smith. Who’s the best player on that list? Michael Vick? Alex Smith? I don’t even know. All I know is that list does not leave me saying, “I gotta get me some of that.”

Quote:
He completed 58.0 percent of his passes in college and started 46 games. This projects Quinn as a good pro quarterback, but not a great one. Here is the complete list of players drafted in first two rounds over the past ten years who started at least 35 games and completed at least 57 percent of their passes: Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Chad Pennington, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Jason Campbell, Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler.

Brady Quinn’s closest comparables paint an even prettier picture. Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb and Jay Cutler all started 45 games, and completed 59, 58 and 57 percent of their passes respectively. If Quinn’s pro career is as similar to those players as his college stats are, then he should be good enough to justify a high pick.

How about collegiate starts? Quinn dominates in that.
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinns was 13TDs to 7 INTs

Russells was 10 TDs to 8 INTs

How about showing who Quinns "ranked opposition" were and comparing them to Russells ranked opposition.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Nopussycat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Hm. Where to go from here.

last year, Quinn: 11TD 5 INT against Ranked competition. last year Russell, 8 TD 7 INt against ranked competition.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2007/04/17/ramblings/nfl-draft/5082/

Quote:
Russell started only 29 games at LSU. Over the past ten years, collegiate games started has been the single greatest predictor of NFL success for early first-round quarterbacks. Since 1997 seven quarterbacks who started fewer than 30 games in college have been drafted in the top ten: Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Michael Vick, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Alex Smith. Who’s the best player on that list? Michael Vick? Alex Smith? I don’t even know. All I know is that list does not leave me saying, “I gotta get me some of that.”

Quote:
He completed 58.0 percent of his passes in college and started 46 games. This projects Quinn as a good pro quarterback, but not a great one. Here is the complete list of players drafted in first two rounds over the past ten years who started at least 35 games and completed at least 57 percent of their passes: Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Chad Pennington, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Jason Campbell, Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler.

Brady Quinn’s closest comparables paint an even prettier picture. Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb and Jay Cutler all started 45 games, and completed 59, 58 and 57 percent of their passes respectively. If Quinn’s pro career is as similar to those players as his college stats are, then he should be good enough to justify a high pick.

How about collegiate starts? Quinn dominates in that.

Well, that is some impressive company. Maybe it was his overabundence of "self-confidence" that turned alot of teams off.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
Bonanza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THRILLHO wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

JR wasn't the clear cut first pick. Oakland couldn't start negotiating with him when they weren't even sure if they were going to draft him.

CJ and Joe Thomas are waiting for JR to sign before they start getting into serious negotiations.

Quote:
I have Quinn rated as about the same as Peyton was coming out of college with Russell reminding me alot like Ryan Leaf. But that is another argument later.

Aside from TD:INT ratio, JR was better than Quinn in pretty much every aspect of his game despite playing significantly better competition. Russell is clearly a better physical specimen, and is more accurate to boot.

Can someone tell me how throwing for 37 TDs and only 7 INTs is inaccurate?

The Great ElipticDawg on the sig.!
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show me where I said Quinn was inaccurate.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Quinns was 13TDs to 7 INTs

Russells was 10 TDs to 8 INTs

How about showing who Quinns "ranked opposition" were and comparing them to Russells ranked opposition.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2006/player/513/60149.html

last time I checked, It says 11 and 5

Oh, LSU 2TD 2INT
Mich 3TD 3INT
USC 3TD 0INT
PSU (Ranked when played) 3TD 0INT

Lets see, in losses to LSU, MICH, USC, the defense gave up 41, 47 and 44 points respectively.

In LSU- he was the only person keeping them in the game until the fourth- check the game logs.

He was the only person keeping them in the game against USC. check the game logs.

HOW DO YOU EXPECT THIS KID TO WIN WHEN HIS DEFENSE IS GIVING UP 40 POINTS A GAME?!

Lets put this into perspective. Navy's defense was ranked higher. Notre Dame had somewhere around the 67th defense in the nation, and he still took them to a BCS Game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: