Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fans Upset Over Quinn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza wrote:
FYI...and I'll probably get bashed for this...The proceeds to his signing event went to the "Welcome House" charity. It was free admission and anybody that wanted to take a picture with him could for free. This was according to an interview I heard with him on WKNR 850 AM.

Sounds like a positive event to me. I'm glad he is a Cleveland Brown and can't wait to see him on the old gridiron Smile

Yep you probably will get bashed. That is terrible business. It would have been better for the charity if they lowered prices, and therefore sold more things.

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady Quinn could find a cure for cancer and the haters would remain. Until he loses his his venice beach muscles, has his GQ face disfigured in an accident and loses his hot girlfriend I expect to every BQ thread on FF to be very similar to this one.

If you have a problem with his game, fine. No QB is can't miss and as much as I like Quinn, I can respect the opinions of those who don't agree with me.

But to say he is a jerk or he has a bad attitude seems somewhat ignorant to me. If I ever have a 22 year old son who acts like Brady Quinn, I would be pretty damn proud.

Anyway, with the Pacman Jones' and Michael Vick's of the world, I can see why BQ gets so much grief. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Bolts wrote:
Bonanza wrote:
FYI...and I'll probably get bashed for this...The proceeds to his signing event went to the "Welcome House" charity. It was free admission and anybody that wanted to take a picture with him could for free. This was according to an interview I heard with him on WKNR 850 AM.

Sounds like a positive event to me. I'm glad he is a Cleveland Brown and can't wait to see him on the old gridiron Smile

Yep you probably will get bashed. That is terrible business. It would have been better for the charity if they lowered prices, and therefore sold more things.

Who are you? John D. Rockefeller?

What do you know about how to raise money for charity?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2fromtheU wrote:
Go Bolts wrote:
Bonanza wrote:

Who are you? John D. Rockefeller?

What do you know about how to raise money for charity?

Does anybody no what percent of the proceeds went to charity? 5%,10%?

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza wrote:

Yeah, but have you ever considered that his image may have been tarnished by this, so he decided to give the proceeds to charity to make up for it. Or did he specifically mention that he had it planned beforehand.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2fromtheU wrote:
Brady Quinn could find a cure for cancer and the haters would remain. Until he loses his his venice beach muscles, has his GQ face disfigured in an accident and loses his hot girlfriend I expect to every BQ thread on FF to be very similar to this one.

If you have a problem with his game, fine. No QB is can't miss and as much as I like Quinn, I can respect the opinions of those who don't agree with me.

But to say he is a jerk or he has a bad attitude seems somewhat ignorant to me. If I ever have a 22 year old son who acts like Brady Quinn, I would be pretty damn proud.

Anyway, with the Pacman Jones' and Michael Vick's of the world, I can see why BQ gets so much grief. Rolling Eyes

Dude come on. You're a Browns fan, andwhile I respect your like for him, and the fact that he is the heir apparent to the Browns QB throne, you cannot tell me that this kid isn't cocky with a bad attitude.

He was crowning himself the #1 overall pick, and while there's nothing wrong with confidence, he went a little overboard. He campaigned to be picked #1 because it's his boyhood dream and blah blah blah. Then he refuses to stay on national TV after his little charade was up, so he went and cried in the commish's suite, until Cleveland saved his day.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Bonanza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Bonanza wrote:

Yeah, but have you ever considered that his image may have been tarnished by this, so he decided to give the proceeds to charity to make up for it. Or did he specifically mention that he had it planned beforehand.

Uh no...next

The Great ElipticDawg on the sig.!
Bonanza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
K2fromtheU wrote:

Dude come on. You're a Browns fan, andwhile I respect your like for him, and the fact that he is the heir apparent to the Browns QB throne, you cannot tell me that this kid isn't cocky with a bad attitude.

He was crowning himself the #1 overall pick, and while there's nothing wrong with confidence, he went a little overboard. He campaigned to be picked #1 because it's his boyhood dream and blah blah blah. Then he refuses to stay on national TV after his little charade was up, so he went and cried in the commish's suite, until Cleveland saved his day.

Can you show more hate...

K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

He didn't crown himself as anything. Reporters would ask him, "do you desrve to be the #1 pick?" What the hell is he supposed to say? "No, I just hope I get taken sometime today... Jamarcus is way better than me." Please, dude.

You show me a QB who doesn't think he's the best, I'll show you a QB I don't want on my team.

2 years ago, I coached HS football in the Olentangy school district right next to Quinn's hometown of Dublin. I became acquainted with 5-6 people who knew Quinn personally and every single one of them had nothing but great things to say about him. Guys he played with, guys that knew him from camps and guys that coached him. He still calls his boys from high school and hangs out like he's just a normal, everyday dude.

He took has draft fall like a man. He took interviews with Suzy Kolber all day long even though it was surely the last thing he wanted to do. Goodell ASKED HIM to come back to the private room. Once, in there he did more interviews.

Whatever, though. Keep on hatin....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course their mad who wouldnt b at the selfishness of someone like Quinn he's nothing more than a goody goody rich boy that wants 2 get richer the game shouldnt b about the money it should b about playing and 4 him playing for his childhood favorite team
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Quinn is cocky or arrogant. The reason i don't like his attitude is actually somewhat the opposite: basically i think he's a pansy and a pushover. All he wants to do is please everybody by saying the right things in interviews, trying to have a great image, and wanting everybody to love him. Hell, when Theismann made a comment about his hair he went out and got it cut! If that's not a pushover then i don't know what is. I like QBs who have at least some attitude and personality, like Brett Favre who does what he wants and acts the way he is without trying to impress anybody.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bonanza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

mozwanted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better make money now because when hes a bust hes autograph isnt worth anything

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: