Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fans Upset Over Quinn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
THRILLHO


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 3089
Location: New Orleans, LA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Except for that top 10 QB you are talking about had 47 starts in his collegiate career.....

funny.


What's funny is that you're using games started as a major reason Brady is a better QB than Russell as opposed to how they've played on the field. If you're absolutely hung up on this magical 30 college starts number dicating how good a pro career a QB will have, I could tell you the story of another man named Brady...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7944
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I am the only one who thinks both of them could be pretty good?
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 45706
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying theres a strong correlation (obviously there are exceptions) between collegiate starts in first round picks and success stories.

Whats funny is you are ignoring the fact that Brady Quinn did better against ranked competition than Jamarcus, and your also putting all of ND losses on Quinn's shoulders when his defense gave up 40+ points per game in all three losses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7944
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
I'm just saying theres a strong correlation (obviously there are exceptions) between collegiate starts in first round picks and success stories.

Whats funny is you are ignoring the fact that Brady Quinn did better against ranked competition than Jamarcus, and your also putting all of ND losses on Quinn's shoulders when his defense gave up 40+ points per game in all three losses.


You are correct on both accounts mistake.

The more games a qb starts in college, the better chance they have for NFL success.

Also, Quinn didn't play all of those teams by himself. He had an entire team out their, albeit a bad one.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pierrepet


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5841
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stars are aligning for the Dallas Cowboys................
_________________
Gmenseattle: "Yes Eli is the reason our season is going down the tubes."

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
irishgiantfan


Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Posts: 1538
Location: An Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is wierd he seemed like a good guy i'm a huge fan and i say i'm dissapointed in him. Confused But hopefully it was his agents fault Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THRILLHO


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 3089
Location: New Orleans, LA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:


Whats funny is you are ignoring the fact that Brady Quinn did better against ranked competition than Jamarcus, and your also putting all of ND losses on Quinn's shoulders when his defense gave up 40+ points per game in all three losses.


I'm putting the losses on Quinn? When did I say anything about whether Quinn won or lost? Was it in the sentence where I also said he was inaccurate?

And Quinn had a better TD:INT ratio, but JR had a better QB rating, by quite a bit. I've been a JR > Quinn guy for a good while, and the draft proved that many NFL GM's (all?) are on my side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dtwizzy2k5


Joined: 16 Feb 2006
Posts: 3302
Location: potomac, maryland
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THRILLHO wrote:


And Quinn had a better TD:INT ratio, but JR had a better QB rating, by quite a bit. I've been a JR > Quinn guy for a good while, and the draft proved that many NFL GM's (all?) are on my side.


What on earth are you talking about? There was only one GM in the whole draft who had the opportunity to choose between drafting JR and Quinn, and that was Al Davis, who happens to be an idiot.
Now im not going to throw myself into the whole JR VS Quinn debate here, but saying that all NFL GMs agree with you is just wrong.
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jg6041


Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 3965
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets try to stay on topic. This has turned into a Quinn vs. JR debate. So while perhaps a interesting debate to have lets leave it out of the News Forum. The article was about fans not understanding that Quinn would be charging for the autographs and were upset. IMO it is a chance to take a shot at him. While it may not have been posted that there would be a fee there is nothing wrong with what Quinn did IMO.
_________________
green24 wrote:
mikemart wrote:
I saw someone in an Urlacher jersey and a Dolphins hat today.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THRILLHO


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 3089
Location: New Orleans, LA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:


And Quinn had a better TD:INT ratio, but JR had a better QB rating, by quite a bit. I've been a JR > Quinn guy for a good while, and the draft proved that many NFL GM's (all?) are on my side.


What on earth are you talking about? There was only one GM in the whole draft who had the opportunity to choose between drafting JR and Quinn, and that was Al Davis, who happens to be an idiot.
Now im not going to throw myself into the whole JR VS Quinn debate here, but saying that all NFL GMs agree with you is just wrong.


http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/05/06/mmqb/3.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jg6041


Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 3965
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THRILLHO wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:


And Quinn had a better TD:INT ratio, but JR had a better QB rating, by quite a bit. I've been a JR > Quinn guy for a good while, and the draft proved that many NFL GM's (all?) are on my side.


What on earth are you talking about? There was only one GM in the whole draft who had the opportunity to choose between drafting JR and Quinn, and that was Al Davis, who happens to be an idiot.
Now im not going to throw myself into the whole JR VS Quinn debate here, but saying that all NFL GMs agree with you is just wrong.


http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/05/06/mmqb/3.html


Interesting article to support your point THRILLHO. Again it has nothing to do with the News Article being discussed so please either comment on the article or start a Quinn vs. Russell Debate thread in the General Forum not in the News Forum. Thank You.
_________________
green24 wrote:
mikemart wrote:
I saw someone in an Urlacher jersey and a Dolphins hat today.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tdfast


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 11186
Location: Edmonton
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
I'm just saying theres a strong correlation (obviously there are exceptions) between collegiate starts in first round picks and success stories.

Whats funny is you are ignoring the fact that Brady Quinn did better against ranked competition than Jamarcus, and your also putting all of ND losses on Quinn's shoulders when his defense gave up 40+ points per game in all three losses.


You are correct on both accounts mistake.

The more games a qb starts in college, the better chance they have for NFL success.

Also, Quinn didn't play all of those teams by himself. He had an entire team out their, albeit a bad one.


His starting RB just got cut and may be out of the league. Leinart's RB went 2nd overall. That has to account for something.

I really don't understand these holdouts. They've proved time and again to be nothing but poison for the player. Cedric Benson and Philip Rivers held out and gave another player the chance they needed to take the starting job and run with it. Each lost time as the starter because of it. And for what? How much more money did they get? And how much did they lose on their second contract because they have a reputation and less years starting? Just sign and earn your money on the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dtwizzy2k5


Joined: 16 Feb 2006
Posts: 3302
Location: potomac, maryland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
tdfast wrote:

I really don't understand these holdouts. They've proved time and again to be nothing but poison for the player. Cedric Benson and Philip Rivers held out and gave another player the chance they needed to take the starting job and run with it. Each lost time as the starter because of it. And for what? How much more money did they get? And how much did they lose on their second contract because they have a reputation and less years starting? Just sign and earn your money on the field.


Good call. After this happens every year, you'd think the players would stop listening to their agents. Not practicing puts players so far behind, and gives somebody else their job. Not a smart move.


Yeah the agents are only looking out for their money they don't care about the player getting to practice on time or learning the plays properly.
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bonanza


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 977
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI...and I'll probably get bashed for this...The proceeds to his signing event went to the "Welcome House" charity. It was free admission and anybody that wanted to take a picture with him could for free. This was according to an interview I heard with him on WKNR 850 AM.

Sounds like a positive event to me. I'm glad he is a Cleveland Brown and can't wait to see him on the old gridiron Smile
_________________


The Great ElipticDawg on the sig.!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group