Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens sign Troy Smith

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rays_Peeps34

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Ravens sign Troy Smith Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2947769

they signed him to a 3 year deal and they signed 3 other rookies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good for Troy. I really hope he makes the best of the great oppurtunity he was put in. Even though he wasnt drafted in the first round, he got put into a great situation. McNair will probably start for another 3-4 years and than Smith comes in with a solid knowledge on what life is in the NFL. Look what that kind of experience has done for Tony Romo.
PhycoPantherFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanprodigy wrote:
Thats good for Troy. I really hope he makes the best of the great oppurtunity he was put in. Even though he wasnt drafted in the first round, he got put into a great situation. McNair will probably start for another 3-4 years and than Smith comes in with a solid knowledge on what life is in the NFL. Look what that kind of experience has done for Tony Romo.

Yeah hopfully he wont be a heisman winner that turns out like Chris Winkie

Carolinakitten is the man!
Armanti Edwards: Carolina's WR of the future
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhycoPantherFan wrote:
titanprodigy wrote:

Yeah hopfully he wont be a heisman winner that turns out like Chris Winkie

Or Ron Dayne or Danny Wuerffel.

He's already ahead of Jason White and Eric Crouch.
blackmonk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanprodigy wrote:
I'd be shocked if Steve McNair came back after this upcoming season. If you watch him play, his energy is clearly spent. Most of his throws were short ones last year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah good for him... and he's definitely in a good situation. If he wanted a place with a future and a future chance to start. This is it.
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw an interview with Smith on the local Cleveland news. He was saying ALL the right things and seemed to be focused.

Baltimore might end up with a hell of a 5th round steal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy has already showed he collapses against NFL calibur teams. He shouldn't be starting in the NFL now, the future, or anytime.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotleyCrue wrote:
Troy has already showed he collapses against NFL calibur teams. He shouldn't be starting in the NFL now, the future, or anytime.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I bet the only game you ever saw Troy Smith play in was against Florida. You can't guess what he will be able to accomplish after one game. 3-0 against UM. Now that's quite a feat!
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotleyCrue wrote:

At least you are unbiased... Rolling Eyes

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2fromtheU wrote:
I just saw an interview with Smith on the local Cleveland news. He was saying ALL the right things and seemed to be focused.

Baltimore got a 5th round steal because Troy Smith gives a good interview?
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
K2fromtheU wrote:

Baltimore got a 5th round steal because Troy Smith gives a good interview?

Not exactly, although it can't hurt. They were just 2 separate comments. I'll break it down for you... Wink

1st comment- I just saw an interview with Smith on the local Cleveland news. He was saying ALL the right things and seemed to be focused. (I was just impressed with him and wanted to share. It never hurts to have a QB with some leadership skills. I would transfer some quotes but i didn't tape it.)

2nd comment- Baltimore might end up with a hell of a 5th round steal (I went to OSU and watched him for 4 yrs....dude can play. He's a great roll of the dice for a 5th rounder)

And I don't ever have nice things to say about Baltimore so I figured I better take advantage of this rare opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
MotleyCrue wrote:

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I bet the only game you ever saw Troy Smith play in was against Florida. You can't guess what he will be able to accomplish after one game. 3-0 against UM. Now that's quite a feat!

I wouldn't take anything MotleyCrue has to say seriously. He is a huge homer who hates anything involved with Ohio State.

Beast
VY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it works out well, I always like to see Buckeyes do well in the pro's. I don't think he's going to get as much time to sit and learn behind behind McNair as people would like. McNair is 34 with 12 grueling seasons under his belt, and the way he plays there is no way he plays more than 2 more years, probably done after next year. He takes some punishing hits for his team, but you can't last forever doing that.

How much longer does Boller have on his contract? I see those two scrapping it out after McNair and Smith hopefully coming out on top with his athletic ability winning out over Boller's arm strength.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve McNair has 1-2 years left in my opinion. My guess at this point is that 2008 will be his final season, atleast in Baltimore as he will be 36 years old and entering the big money in his contract. Kyle Boller is a free agent following this season and he in all likelyhood will not return.

This means the Ravens will face a crucial decision at the QB position this coming offseason which could very well determine the future of the team for the next 3 or so years. It might be difficult for the Ravens to pass up a QB in next year's draft, especially if one is a BPA on the first day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: