Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New evidence in Pacman case...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: New evidence in Pacman case... Reply with quote

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=6834541

witness says
Quote:
"The bodyguard had a baton and told Adam Jones that he was going to break his knees"

Quote:
the witness told police Jones made no threats to a bouncer and that it was the other way around.

this witness is also expected to testify in the preliminary hearing...

BadToTheBone wrote:
VY, proving doubters wrong since college. When will people give up?

Hes a winner and will always be one.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway that Jones' suspension could be lessened if this were true?

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Night Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it could be, but I wouldnt be surprised if it is upheld based on all of Pac-Man's past trouble's as well.
forty six & 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:

Highly unlikely considering he's been spotted at two strip clubs and was pulled over for speeding since Goodell told him to behave. Heck, he was at a strip club the night before he met with Goodell. He clearly hasn't shown he's capable of meeting the expectations needed for a reduced suspension yet. And even if the witness is credible, the bouncer didn't have a gun, why was he shot and paralyzed? Why do these athletes and their entourages take guns with them to clubs? When making a checklist for going out, you'd think if it includes 'gun', you'd just stay home or go someplace safer. Just my opinion.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't put too much stock into this making Pac Man look like a saint and that he did nothing wrong. Sometimes witnesses can be pursuaded to say certain things and it seems like this might be one of those cases. Why would it take this long for someone to come up with this eye witness testimony if someone didn't ask them to say it? I would have to see more evidence before making anymore conclusions.

Just my two cents. Wink

Props to El ramster for the sig
titanprodigy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little skeptical about this, Why would he take so long to say this if it was true? But what the hell it helps Pacman, so HOORAY!!!!!!!!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the police had a witness give a statement that basically backed up everything that Pacman said. Why would they need a name to remember that it existed in the first place?

This was either an attempted cover-up on the police's side, or a ringer for the defense
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forty six & 2 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

Highly unlikely considering he's been spotted at two strip clubs and was pulled over for speeding since Goodell told him to behave. Heck, he was at a strip club the night before he met with Goodell. He clearly hasn't shown he's capable of meeting the expectations needed for a reduced suspension yet. And even if the witness is credible, the bouncer didn't have a gun, why was he shot and paralyzed? Why do these athletes and their entourages take guns with them to clubs? When making a checklist for going out, you'd think if it includes 'gun', you'd just stay home or go someplace safer. Just my opinion.

and heres where it gets complicated..... So far, they can't prove the man is part of his entourage.. and if what the witness says hold up, then the whole coercion charge is useless, turning the whole case useless, because if he didnt make a deadly threat, they really cant link him to the shooting.

And Witnesses who come up late in a story, isn't something new.. Big cases always have something like this that happens.

Itll be interesting to see what happens
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get why it took so long for the witness to come forward.

The funny thing is this ...
Quote:
Robinson said the witness told police Jones made no threats to a bouncer and that it was the other way around.

"The bodyguard had a baton and told Adam Jones that he was going to break his knees," Robinson said.

It took place in a strip club, correct? Strip clubs tend to be loud inside, correct? Because of the decibel level inside of the club, isn't there a possibility that perhaps the bodyguard told Adam Jones that he was going to break his knees unless Jones settled down? Could that not be the case here? Things get lost in translation, do they not? The only two people who know what was said are Adam Jones and the bodyguard. At the same time, because of the loud decibel level inside of the club, they both might not even know what was fully said or not said.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
VY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is this guy is a more credible source than club owner Robert Susnar. Susnar wasn't there, this guy was. I agree that somebody needs pay for the paralyzed guy's loss of his legs, nobody deserves that. But the smear campaign this sketchy strip club owner has gone on aided by the LVPD's inability to find the actual trigger man is not helping the prosecution. Do your police work and get on with it, and quit using a celebrity's big name for publicity, this isn't the time or place. Try pulling over Paris Hilton or something if you're looking for PR.

Even if the Commish was considering in the least bit reducing Pacman's sentence to even less than 10 games (which he won't because of all his priors), this case will take far too long for it to matter. The preliminary trial is in late October, and will take longer than the alotted time to get him back on the field before the suspension is up.

I would bet the Titans' FO would be against Goodell rebuking the suspension, due to the fact that he won't play before week 11 no matter what, and Pacman could go after lost wages if his suspension is nullified. So I'm guessing best case scenario is he gets back after 10 weeks, which is probably more than fair looking at how he's conducted himself so far.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
All I know is this guy is a more credible source than club owner Robert Susnar. Susnar wasn't there, this guy was. I agree that somebody needs pay for the paralyzed guy's loss of his legs, nobody deserves that. But the smear campaign this sketchy strip club owner has gone on aided by the LVPD's inability to find the actual trigger man is not helping the prosecution. Do your police work and get on with it, and quit using a celebrity's big name for publicity, this isn't the time or place. Try pulling over Paris Hilton or something if you're looking for PR.

Even if the Commish was considering in the least bit reducing Pacman's sentence to even less than 10 games (which he won't because of all his priors), this case will take far too long for it to matter. The preliminary trial is in late October, and will take longer than the alotted time to get him back on the field before the suspension is up.

I would bet the Titans' FO would be against Goodell rebuking the suspension, due to the fact that he won't play before week 11 no matter what, and Pacman could go after lost wages if his suspension is nullified. So I'm guessing best case scenario is he gets back after 10 weeks, which is probably more than fair looking at how he's conducted himself so far.

If this was an isolated incident, I might give Adam Jones the benefit of the doubt, but he was not at that strip club with his entourage to promote his children's book. Jones has made it clear that he is a bad apple that does not know how to behave in civilized society.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
VY wrote:

If this was an isolated incident, I might give Adam Jones the benefit of the doubt, but he was not at that strip club with his entourage to promote his children's book. Jones has made it clear that he is a bad apple that does not know how to behave in civilized society.

Wow, you're making the guy out to be a serial killer now lol.. No one was at the strip club to promote such a thing.. but how about we talk about something new with the case instead of heading down the same road about what Jones has done and etc.
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think that this witness is very credible. It seems like this could have been scripptied.

And as for people saying there are no other witnesses confirming that the shooter was in Jones' company...there is video servalance of the shooter and OTHER eye witnesses have already come forward and said that Jones was with him on the night of the shooting. I just don't see how this new witness was able to see what she saw and come forward this late in the investigation. It seems like she wouldn't have had time to see this either if she was working.

Props to El ramster for the sig
VY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think the police need to do their job and solve the crime. Sure, maybe Pacman knows the guy, maybe he doesn't; their whole investigation seems to hinge on whether or not Adam Jones will rat someone out. Do some police work and bring justice to those affected by the shooting.

It just seems every time we hear an official comment from the LVPD, it's never,"we're hot on the trail of the shooter" or "we've found evidence that may link the gun to...." It always seems to be about Pacman, and it's getting them nowhere. Cases have been solved with far less information. To cover up their inadequate investigation, they make Pacman, guilty or not, the face of the crime so it looks like justice is being served. Pacman did not pull the trigger though, so this isn't solving anything. There is still somebody out there getting away scotch free..and I have a feeling that if Pacman knew who did it, he would most likely be a little bit more informative to salvage his career, but it doesn't seem entirely certain that he does know this suspect.

I think all witnesses are just as credible as the next, and anyone who was actually there can be of some help. But it's not like this was a small gathering, the place was packed with rappers and their entourages and Pacman and his 4-5 person party, a few of them being women. We won't really know all the true evidence until this comes to court, I'm interested to see how it goes
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagsfan18 wrote:
I just don't think that this witness is very credible. It seems like this could have been scripptied.

And as for people saying there are no other witnesses confirming that the shooter was in Jones' company...there is video servalance of the shooter and OTHER eye witnesses have already come forward and said that Jones was with him on the night of the shooting. I just don't see how this new witness was able to see what she saw and come forward this late in the investigation. It seems like she wouldn't have had time to see this either if she was working.

But heres the thing... His charges are not on whether he knows the shooter or not.. Its acting with coersive behavior.. If its proven he didn't start it, then the case is done. Even the paralyzed victim's father was on tv and said "We dont know if he knows the shooter for sure"

Im not defending anyone here... Im just opening up the eyes to the other side of this..

Theres nothing open and shut about this case.. alot of holes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: