Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cut Joey Galloway!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucPimpin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Cut Joey Galloway!!! Reply with quote

Think about this. Tampa should Cut or trade Joey Galloway. With the depth at receiver he will hender the rapid development needed for Shepherd, Brackins, Russell, and Warren none of which should be cut.

I am officially starting the Cut Joey Galloway Campaign!!
tdfast

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cut Joey Galloway!!! Reply with quote

bucPimpin wrote:
Think about this. Tampa should Cut or trade Joey Galloway. With the depth at receiver he will hender the rapid development needed for Shepherd, Brackins, Russell, and Warren none of which should be cut.

I am officially starting the Cut Joey Galloway Campaign!!

Who'll go deep? We need to stretch the field for a young possession receiver and rookie RB. Not a long term guy but he's the fastest guy we have (which is sad)
krycek

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep Galloway, he made a good job, when he was healthy, furthermore, we have a young WR corps and we need veterans.
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The depth is good but quality is questionable. MOst of those guys are project guys, we NEED Galloway
bucPimpin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like he is just going to get hurt(knock on wood) and / or prevent some of these young guys that have far more potential like Brackins/Shepherd/Warren/Russell, from getting a bunch of balls thrown towards them. This is the year to maximize rookie utilization.
wquez7

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth?
Clayton, Ike Hilliard, Shepard, and one 5th and two 6th round recievers is not depth. Harrison, Wayne, Stokley is depth.

Compare Claytons rookie year success with Anquan Boldin a year before. If Clayton gets hurt Ike Hilliard is our #1 reciever. We can not have Ike Hilliard as our #1.

Brackins and the other rookies have potential but thats it, there is no guarentee all of these guys will even make the team.

Besides last year at the end of the season Gruden said Galloway wont be playing to the best of his capabilities until next season, that with the way he was hypeing him up last year in training camp leads me to believe Gruden isnt done with him.
golf333333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Gallaway should be cut. Any team can find some kind of use for a burner with game-breaking ability. Although I think he is going downhill and has been for a few years, I belive that he still has some productivity left.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way should we cut galloway, he's like 34 but can still fly, we need the deep threat he presents. if we cut him we're way too young!
bucPimpin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just a thought.. I just would prefer to see all of our young guys out there this year.. Even if it means 4-12 .. This team has a lot of young talent that Gruden doesnt let sprout because of his love for veterans.. I compare this year to Dungy's first with the team except with a young offense instead of a young Defense..

An I completely wrong on this? Get as many picks as possible for Rice and Barber ( I know we'll struggle in the short term @ CB) and after next years draft we will be the youngest and most talented team in the league..

Help!! I may be losing it.

Kcrazy

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, all these draft picks are late rounder who need time to develop to reach there potential. Look at Carson Palmer, sat out a whole year to learn the game and still struggled as a starter. These young recievcers will be good but need to sit out a season or two.
golf333333

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucPimpin wrote:

An I completely wrong on this? Get as many picks as possible for Rice and Barber ( I know we'll struggle in the short term @ CB) and after next years draft we will be the youngest and most talented team in the league..

Help!! I may be losing it.

I think that would be sweet if we could get some good draft picks for those guys. I might be attacked for this, but I think that both of them are slighly past their primes and we should get what we can for them.
bucPimpin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately get the future while we can . And unload Future heavy salaries in the process!!

golf333333

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt. I wouldn't have any problem taking a year to "rebuild" and dump some unused veterans and their salaries to willing teams.
keyshawn is god

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galloway is a good speed reciver and he can strech preety much any coner in the game on his day so id keep him for a nother season or two.
golf333333

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Yes, but what we are questioning is his future productivity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: