Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions sign Buster Davis
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BZski

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Lions sign Buster Davis Reply with quote

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Sports/Headlines/sptNFL01090407.htm

I think this was a great move by Detroit. Davis and Sims reunited.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick up by the Lions, he can contribute on Special Team this year and just learn the system.... Just imagine if he works out with the lions. In few years you see:
-Boss Bailey
-Buster Davis
-Ernie Sims

TommyC376 on the Sig
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite possibly the biggest Buster Davis fan on this board(believe me) and even I must say that this move isn't nearly what people are going to make it out to be. For starters, Davis is out of shape, at least 15 pounds overweight, was extremely slow in timed runs and in games, showed little work ethic, seemed allergic to making tackles, refused to take on blockers and played coverage as well as a small child. In short, he's too small and too slow to play NFL football and his work ethic(or lack thereof) certainly didn't make up for that. I loved the Buster Davis I watched play at Florida State but if anyone here, Lions fan or not, thinks that that's the man the Lions are getting that person is sorely mistaken.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I am quite possibly the biggest Buster Davis fan on this board(believe me) and even I must say that this move isn't nearly what people are going to make it out to be. For starters, Davis is out of shape, at least 15 pounds overweight, was extremely slow in timed runs and in games, showed little work ethic, seemed allergic to making tackles, refused to take on blockers and played coverage as well as a small child. In short, he's too small and too slow to play NFL football and his work ethic(or lack thereof) certainly didn't make up for that. I loved the Buster Davis I watched play at Florida State but if anyone here, Lions fan or not, thinks that that's the man the Lions are getting that person is sorely mistaken.

Well he's only taking up a practice spot, so no big loss if that's the case.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Yeah so bad that the cardinals tried to sign him to there PS. I think he just did not fit in the 3-4 defense that the cards run and he knew this. He was one of the hardest workers at the senior bowl and that has never been a question about him. The gained weight could have to do with the fact that playing inside in the 3-4 you have to be heavy. This is a steal for the Lions in my opinion. He will be comfortable playing alongside of Sims and is a better fit in the 4-3 defense and the cover 2.
m0town12

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Simms can put that fire back into him.

Either way, I love the signing.
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew he'd find a home... great pickup for the Lions too. Like having another 3rd rounder lol
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

them grapes sour enough for you?? Wink

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
Night Angel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great signing by Detroit. They definately need the defensive help, and if he can help them out in the future like many are thinking, that will be an absolute steal.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishDolfan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

them grapes sour enough for you?? Wink

Irish Dolfan

When someone tells the truth it doesn't smell like sour grapes.
South_FL_cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he can get back to the way he was at FSU, Detroit will have one of the fastest lb corps in the leauge.

Receivers beware of the Bash Brothers!

Much props to edar1386 for the sig...
eaglesfan536890

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, this is a great pickup for them. Especially because they get Davis and Sims back together, now they just need Lawrence Timmons. Wink

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

I wouldnt say hes too small to play nfl football... c'mon now.. there have been smaller and slower people to play..

A coach needs to kick him in the butt and use him at the right times and put him in that mind frame.. if they cant do that, then he doesnt deserve to play.

other than that, I wouldnt say hes too small or too slow to play nfl football
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan536890 wrote:
Yea, this is a great pickup for them. Especially because they get Davis and Sims back together, now they just need Lawrence Timmons. Wink

You mean AJ Nicholson. Timmons never started with Sims, only Davis.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's only on the practice squad, no big deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: